Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:58:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 21108 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 11, 2012, 05:26:54 AM »

I am pleased to be here. Despite the speed bump of recent inactivity, make no mistake: the South is here & it will not be ignored.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Bonjour, monsieur.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

I do not think it would be untoward for the Southern party to seek to advance its interests on the national stage. I believe that we should vote on the matter, but the hour is too early. A proper time will avail itself as the election draws anon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »

We should probably get this thing going.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

What's the voting system? FPTP? IRV? Approval voting?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »

Blank ballot.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »

Since everyone else is doing it, maybe we should discuss the Tweed suit as well. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

Is it of any concern to the IDS?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate y'all's endorsement.

Well if the federal government were to fall, the IDS would stand ready to reap the benefits of its demise.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.

Though if Tweed won his suit, the federal government would be completely delegitimized, as the Supreme Court would establish its prerogative to annoint its chosen candidate (as it happens, the most left-wing candidate) winner.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.

Though if Tweed won his suit, the federal government would be completely delegitimized, as the Supreme Court would establish its prerogative to annoint its chosen candidate (as it happens, the most left-wing candidate) winner.

Only the Court would be delegitmized.

The government installed by the Court would be dandy, I assume? Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »

The Court has no power to "install" a Government; they will not be allowed to usurp this power from the people.

Even so, if Tweed were to win, I think getting him out would technically still require a coup d'etat, or at least an impeachment.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »

Is Xahar still a Southerner? I thought he left the region.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »

Florida is a popular state, evidently.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 01:09:32 AM »

Fuhrer just means "leader". Blame Hitler for dirtying the word up.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

Some Southerners are better aligned with the values of the party than others. I think a vote of some sort would be appropriate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 03:06:12 AM »

Hashemite: Nay
Xahar: Abstain
Clarence: Aye
Bacon King: Abstain
HagridoftheDeep: Aye
SJoyceFla: Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »

IB and MCPR always seemed to me like a natural choice for an alliance, since we both have the same goal (regional advancement), but with different bases (IDS and Mideast respectively). We could even promote the creation of similar parties in the remaining regions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »

The RPP started as a regional party in the South and slowly spread to the mideast. It wasn't really until after the death of the Democratic Alliance did we really become a large nation party.

The RPP was fairly strong in the Northeast from the beginning, but the Northeast was so inactive back then that it wasn't difficult to manage.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »

Yea, therei s bit of revisionism by Duke there. The RPP was in first place in membership for a short time in early 2009 before the JCP-SDP merger occured.

The Hamilton Era always trips me up. We took over the NE after he recruited a bunch of socks/trolls that eventually became the Populare/ARC party. Before that, we had Smid, who everyone loves, so that gave us good control up there.

Anyway, I shouldn't butt in because I'm not a member of any of these parties so I don't have a say in this matter. I had to bring up the RPP because I miss it so much Tongue

We never got much in the NE from the Voldemort club. But we were fairly competitive before then. I remember RowanBrandon running for Governor and losing 6-4, despite his opponent being far better established and the candidate of the regional establishment.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:14:08 AM »

I respectfully ask for the endorsement of the Imperial Bloc for my candidacy in the September Assembly election. While we don't agree on every issues, we all can agree that it is important for members of all parties to work across the aisle, to try to find common ground to solve the issues we currently face, bring forth fresh new ideas to the table and be constantly active in trying to move the Mideast and Atalsia in a better direction. I will be able to provide all of those qualities if elected to the Mideast Assembly. Any questions about my positions or any topic of interest, just ask! Thank you! 

While we do have a registered member in the Mideast, I don't think that we have any real operations outside of the IDS. It's still nice to have people wanting our endorsement, though. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 02:41:19 AM »

I respectfully ask for the endorsement of the Imperial Bloc for my candidacy in the September Assembly election. While we don't agree on every issues, we all can agree that it is important for members of all parties to work across the aisle, to try to find common ground to solve the issues we currently face, bring forth fresh new ideas to the table and be constantly active in trying to move the Mideast and Atalsia in a better direction. I will be able to provide all of those qualities if elected to the Mideast Assembly. Any questions about my positions or any topic of interest, just ask! Thank you! 

While we do have a registered member in the Mideast, I don't think that we have any real operations outside of the IDS. It's still nice to have people wanting our endorsement, though. Smiley

I am open to working with and at least listening to the ideas of all the major parties in Atlasia in order to solve the problems we face. Also the IDS does old some weight in many parts of the Mideast including Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Virginia and West Virginia. So your endorsement could be crucial in those critical swing states! Smiley   

It's true, the Mideast and the IDS have excellent relations going back years. Maybe our endorsement would be a significant boon. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies