Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc - A Party for the South  (Read 21154 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here and hope I can contribute to a successful party.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »

Nǐ Hǎo.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

Yes, yes, gracias por el bump.  I suppose me might as well start this discussion.

The chairman is running with Clarence.  Kal is running with Napoleon.  Any comments from the members?

I'd propose the bloc recommend preferencing Clarence/Yelnoc first and Napoleon/Kalwejt second. Reason is that both include IB members, but the former includes the chairman of the IB as the VP, and also includes a member of the IDS as the presidential candidate; logically, the Bloc would thus preference in that manner.

I'd also recommend preferencing 20RP12/WinDis first, but that's just me.

Four bloc members voted on the amendment: NC Yankee, Yelnoc, Kalwejt, and myself.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:46 AM »

I figured this party would stay neutral in federal races...if an endorsement is to be made, my ticket would prefer that endorsement be held until our campaign reaches the IDS.

Eh, I was assuming it'd either stay neutral or just endorse Bloc/regional members.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »

Since I just read the bylaws and this was just bumped... I think we need to elect a Vice Chair, don't we?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »

I probably have some sort of obligation to run because I brought it up.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

The hotels probably make you pay for the Internet

[2] Jbrase
[1] SJoyceFla
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 06:27:58 AM »

Congratulations to Vice Chair Jbrase!
Should we begin determining a convention location and date(s)?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »

Convention Location Selector:

[ ] Nashville, TN
[ ] Memphis, TN
[ ] Charlotte, NC
[ ] Houston, TX
[ ] San Antonio, TX
[ ] Atlanta, GA
[ ] Dallas, TX
[ ] Miami, FL
[ ] Virginia Beach, VA
[ ] Austin, TX
[ ] Tampa, FL
[ ] Jacksonville, FL
[ ] Write-in:

We'd probably want to vote on it (like this).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »

Probably. I suggest Tampa, Florida.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »

[ ] Nashville, TN
[ ] Memphis, TN
[ ] Charlotte, NC
[ ] Houston, TX
[ ] San Antonio, TX
[ ] Atlanta, GA
[ ] Dallas, TX
[ ] Miami, FL
[ ] Colonial Williamsburg VA
[ ] Virginia Beach, VA
[ ] Austin, TX
[X] Tampa, FL
[ ] Jacksonville, FL
[ ] Write-in:
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 12:19:09 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Tampa Bay is experienced and hospitable, has the venues and support, and is a key political community, comparable to Atlasia as a whole in age, education, diversity, martial status, and income, with the state's largest media market, a large block of independent voters, and a balanced mix of political geography. Surrounding a Tampa Bay convention area is first-class hotels, world-famous attractions, and local residents who are consistently recognized as extraordinary ambassadors of hospitality. With over 30 million visitors a year, Tampa Bay welcomes the world every day, and we look forward to making the 2012 Imperial Bloc Convention feel at home.

There is nothing conventional about Tampa Bay’s convention and meeting facilities. Nor is there anything conventional about the area’s ability to so impressively assemble everything needed - and more - for the Imperial Bloc Convention within a single, central location. This includes the main convention area, media work space, staff office space, and unique facilities to accommodate special events. When it comes to addressing the two major convention venues, it all comes down to location, size and technical capabilities. The Tampa Bay Times Forum, the main convention area, overlooks the nearby Tampa Convention Center, one of two proposed sites of the media work space. Towering between these two buildings, the 717-room Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina looks as if it were custom-made to be the headquarters hotel. Within an easy walk from this convention complex are the recommended locations for the office staff facilities, additional accommodations, plentiful parking, and flexible staging areas for transportation systems.

The Tampa Bay area’s more than 40,000 hospitable hotel rooms and greatly exceeds the room requirements of the Imperial Bloc Convention. 70% of the room block is within 20 minutes of the Tampa Bay Times Forum and stands ready to respond positively to any additional housing needs. Grand historic resorts (such as the Don CeSar Beach Resort and the Renaissance Vinoy Resort), high rise luxury hotels with contemporary designs and modern conveniences (such as the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina), cozy bed and breakfasts that cater to travelers by creating the comforts of home and much more beckon travelers fortunate enough to stay within the Tampa Bay area.

From the skyways to the highways, all major roads, railways, waterways and flight routes lead to Tampa Bay. The area’s abundant network of publicly and privately operated transportation systems already in place, coupled with those under construction, keep traffic flowing smoothly throughout the entire area. Spacious, prevalent parking facilities put attendees just steps away from the main convention area and other key locations, contributing to the overall accessibility and convenience of travel throughout Tampa Bay. As the cradle of commercial aviation, it is only natural that Tampa Bay boasts one of the most popular and admired airports in the world, Tampa International Airport (TPA). Today, the Tampa Bay area is served by two stellar international airports, Tampa International and St. Petersburg-Clearwater International, as well as eight regional airports located within a 50-mile radius of each other. MacDill Air Force Base, home of U.S. Central Command, provides another possible flight service option for government dignitaries.

If there is one thing a Tampa Bay convention wouldn't be, it's boring. The multiple entertainment options, from art museums such as the Tampa Museum of Art, the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg, the Straz Center for the Performing Arts, and the newly refurbished Salvador Dali Museum, to natural destinations such as Honeymood/Caladesi Island State Parks, Anclote Key Preserve, Egmont Key, the Skyway Fishing Pier, Sunken Gardens, the Tampa Aquarium, the Lowry Park Zoo, and Dinosaur World, to sporting venues such as Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays), and the Tampa Bay Times Forum (Tampa Bay Lightning), to theme parks like Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, to shopping destinations such as BayWalk, the Channel District, Tampa Riverwalk, WestShore Plaza, and Ybor City, all assure that no visitor to Tampa Bay will ever be bored during their stay.

Dining is one thing Tampa Bay is world-famous for, and convention guests will not be disappointed. Restaurants, such as Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, The Brass Mug, Bern's Steak House, the Refinery, Colonnade, First Watch, the original Beef O'Brady's, the first Hooters, Ker's WingHouse, Crabby Bill's, the Hurricane, El Cap, the Chattaway, Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish, Fred Fleming's Champions Barbeque, Red Mesa, the 4th Street Shrimp Store, and the Dairy Inn, are varied, plentiful, and delicious.

Our objective is to keep everyone safe in Tampa Bay. We will be successful because it is our business to protect visitors; we do it day in and day out for tens of millions of tourists each year. Attendees of the Convention will be safe because it is vitally and equally important to preserve an environment where delegates can concentrate on the Convention and the future of the Imperial Bloc. We will achieve this goal by calling upon the expertise of federal, state, local and military resources active within the Tampa Bay region.

Our track record proves this can be done. Tampa Bay safeguarded 4 NFL Super Bowls, NHL playoff and Stanley Cup games, NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament games, NHL All-Star Weekend, and annual Gasparilla Events. Each event was successfully planned and conducted without incident, an unparalleled testament to the effectiveness and professionalism of our law enforcement officers. Fans at sporting events felt the passion of competition and expressed the thrill of celebration while officers and security guards maintained a high profile presence but stayed out of the spotlight. Dignitaries and guests at all these events enjoyed the safety and security the Tampa Bay area offers while enjoying all of the amenities. Bank on this promise: Our security plan will be well orchestrated to safeguard the lives, property and peace of mind for all who arrive for the 2012 Imperial Bloc Convention.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »

So our agenda is basically signing in, speech-giving, endorsements, and platform-making? Anything else we need to get done?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2012, 11:47:16 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Is it of any concern to the IDS?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate y'all's endorsement.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

Is it of any concern to the IDS?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate y'all's endorsement.

Well if the federal government were to fall, the IDS would stand ready to reap the benefits of its demise.

But the federal government won't fall if Tweed succeeds. All that happens is either Napoleon or Tweed gets the Presidency. It's Bush v. Gore-level stuff, not downfall of Atlasia-type.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »

This case can not be compared to Bush v. Gore, are you serious? That case had legitimate electoral law questions in an election wherethe results could not be completely decided otherwise. Tweed clearly lost this election and has not raised any constitutional or legal provisions that support his case.

I said it's Bush v. Gore level; it has to do with who won an election, not whether or not the federal government continues to exist.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

I accept the appointment.

Thanks for the new job!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »

If it's not too early, I'd like to motion that we endorse "Anybody but Seatown" in the August Senate elections (we can endorse more specifically once the candidates are set, of course). My case is below:

I agree, that is quite unjust, the founding fathers should have never compromised with the devil(South, not the British).

He referred to us as the Devil. I doubt he works for our interests or shall anytime in the near future.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 09:44:42 PM »

Hold up guys. He was referring to the American South, not the Atlasian South. And even then he was reffering the the slavery days, so lets not hold this against him. Although We should advise him to watch what he says when referring to our glorious region.

Your fearless leader has spoken.

I just saw it while flicking through the NE's capital thread, so context may not be perfect Tongue Your Vice-Chair, SJoyceFla the not-quite-as-fearless-a-leader-as-Jbrase-but-still-quite-a-fearless-leader, has spoken and concurs with the Chair.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »

So shall we endorse anyone for the At-Large Senate elections? We've got 4 Southerners on the ballot AFAIK (Hashemite, Xahar, Clarence, and Hagrid).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »

Is Xahar still a Southerner? I thought he left the region.

He's registered in Florida (3/4 of the Southern Senate candidates are).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

Florida is a popular state, evidently.

Who wouldn't want to go to Florida? We have sunshine, beaches, palm trees, large anthropomorphic mice, and more likely than not your grandparents.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:51 PM »

I am about to be busy with school and related stuff pretty soon, so I would like to resign my position. SJoyve is now Fuhrer of the IB.

I'll still be here though Smiley

I've ordered the architects to fill in 'Vice-" on my statue.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »

Oh yeah, Bacon King too. Wanna just endorse the 5 Southerners?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 03:28:35 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Right then, a vote's in order on the candidates to receive the formal endorsement of the Imperial Bloc for At-Large Senate:

Official Imperial Bloc At-Large Senate Endorsement Ballot

Hashemite (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»-Florida)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Xahar (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»-Florida)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Clarence (Whig-Florida)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Bacon King (Liberal-Georgia)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

HagridoftheDeep (Whig-South Carolina)