To the new Parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  To the new Parties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: To the new Parties  (Read 7619 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
« edited: January 28, 2012, 08:48:42 PM by WeareAnonymous »

Now that the old parties have been dissolved I would like the leaders of the new parties come here and explain what would make me want to join your party so I can see which would be best for my views.

Thank you and let the discussion begin.

JCL (-IN)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

Hi, I'm 20RP12 and I formed the Individual Freedom Party.

We are a party that advocates fiscal Conservatism and social Libertarianism, specifically smaller, more efficient Government.

We'd love to have you join Smiley

x 20RP12
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »

While I'm skeptical you would find our party to be the right fit for you, if you consider:

-a party that promotes social capital and strong civic institutions as they are the best way to advance and maintain democracy
-a party that believes in the government, as an arm of the people, can help advance the well being of the people, but should not dominate them, their lives, or their business
-a party that believes in a society of values, those namely being mutual respect, social stability, toleration and diversity, tradition, and an interest in the common good
-a party that promotes an internationalist and multilateral foreign policy yet a robust defense policy
-a party that elevates and supports science and the arts
-a party that thinks in terms of the long-term and making investments in the future

to be a party that closely fits your views, then I would suggest you join us in the Communitarian Party.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »

While I'm a leader of a new party, I doubt you'd be interested, so I will not waste my time.

Long live the revolution!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

To the Communtarians and the IFP and other parties

What are your views on the substanative issues of the day?

Role of government
Fiscal Matters: Re the debt crises and solutions
Foreign Policy
Civil Liberties
Abortion
Marriage
Religious Freedom
Education
Immigration
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

The Communist Party is the only real party which stands for The Revolution. The Secretary-General, aka me, has a copy of the Granma at home. Nobody can claim that, meaning that those who claim to speak in the name of the revolution are only capitalist impostors out there to fraud the people. For Strong People!

Our views:
Role of government: Protect and Serve the People, Guide the Revolutionary Exercise. We will get in contact with those who had decided to vote for CPA and at the last moment did not manage to take this courageous and essential step under the influence of the propaganda for a self-sufficient government.
Fiscal Matters: We must not miss an hour. Now it’s time for organization and struggle so that the plutocracy pays for the crisis; to struggle for the satisfaction of people’s modern needs. The only path for the workers is the path of resistance - popular alliance - counterattack. The government of JCP and the social-democrats are ruthless in crushing the workers’ rights and have unveiled their true face early.
Foreign Policy: The people must condemn the provocative acts of aggression of the EU and the position of the Atlasian government. The struggle of the people against the barbaric measures of the government and Troika must be combined with the struggle for the disengagement of the country from the imperialist organizations, their interventions and the wars that they bring.
The CPA calls on the workers, the self-employed, the youth and the women in an all-people’s rally with the following line: End to the sacrifices for the interests of the monopolies. The people should become neither victimizer nor victim in the imperialist war.
Civil Liberties: A lie by capitalists and their ilk to trick the proletariat into blindly following the bourgeoisie.
Abortion: Nobody cares.
Marriage: Sham.
Religious Freedom: Religion is the Opium of the People.
Education: Must not be bourgeois education, whose use is the formation of a bourgeois capitalist elite which can continue the oppression of the proletariat.
Immigration: Nobody cares.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »

Role of government
Fiscal Matters: Re the debt crises and solutions
Foreign Policy
Civil Liberties
Abortion
Marriage
Religious Freedom
Education
Immigration

The role of Government is to serve its people and not to infringe or restrict their rights.

There's always room to cut spending.

The IFP advocates a humble foreign policy that shuns the idea of nation building and instead offers that we befriend and trade with countries. Basically, Non-Interventionism.

We believe that Atlasians are entitled to many civil liberties, such as marriage, the choice to smoke marijuana, right to protest, etc.

We discourage abortion and believe that it should not be federally funded, but we believe it should be legal.

We believe that this is a regional issue, but we personally adopt principles encouraging marriage equality.

We believe that all Atlasians have the right to practice whatever religion they choose, regardless of what it is.

We believe that creation of curriculum should be left to the regions. We also advocate school choice.

We believe that while immigration is an extremely long process, it should be done legally in order to gain citizenship. We believe that if you are here illegally, you should at least go about filling out the proper paper work first.

Thank you!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »

JCL, you'd probably end up like this: agreeing with the IFP on fiscal and foreign policy matters and agreeing with the CPA on social issues. The CPA though isn't completely opposed to your views on economics and foreign policy, they are moderate on both. It's a matter of which views you're willing to compromise. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »

Role of government- The government, in a democratic society, is an extension of the people. Thus the role of government should be determined by the desires and the interests of the people and the furthering of our well-being as a nation.

Fiscal Matters: Re the debt crises and solutions- We support fiscal responsibility and will look at systems to reform entitlement spending, military spending, and needless waste; however the government must continue to meet its obligations- both to lenders and the people

Foreign Policy- We promote a internationalist and multilateral foreign policy yet a robust defense policy. We shy away from needless foreign interventions, but are committed to defending our country and achieving the goals we set out in both our diplomacy and military actions. In regards to "nation building", we stand opposed to continued military operations to achieve political and societal goals abroad, and to that extent support aid and multilateral peacekeeping to accomplish those goals at a substantially lesser cost to both life and money

Civil Liberties- We support civil liberties in general, but are supportive of maintaining social cohesion, increasing social capital, and are mindful of tradition in general.

Abortion- We generally oppose abortion, and to that extent are in favor of making abortion rarer and encouraging other options for the preservation of the life of the unborn. We are hopeful that with medical advances that abortion will be reduced 

Marriage- The status of marriage should remain as it is currently. We support the idea of marriage and believe that the nuclear family, composed of two married parents* and children, is the optimal form of the family, and is most ingenious way of raising responsible children and citizens.

Religious Freedom- All Atlasians are entitled to hold the religious beliefs they choose. Religious organizations are an example of the organic communities on which our nation is built on, and should be left alone as long as they do not act in a manner that his harmful to the body politic.

Education- We believe that all Atlasians are entitled to a free and public education. While we strongly support a coherent national curriculum and common core standards, education should largely be the purview of the regions. We also support school choice, charter schools, and vouchers- whatever allows students to receive the best education; however public schools should be strengthened as well.

Immigration- Immigration strengthens and enrichens Atlasia- we are all, with the exception of First Nations peoples, Immigrants. We should encourage it and lower the legal barriers skilled individuals and international students face coming to and staying Atlasia. However we must stem the tide of illegal immigration as it harms our economy and subverts civil society and communities.

*I am deliberately not saying "husband and wife"
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:52:03 PM »

JCL, you'd probably end up like this: agreeing with the IFP on fiscal and foreign policy matters and agreeing with the CPA on social issues. The CPA though isn't completely opposed to your views on economics and foreign policy, they are moderate on both. It's a matter of which views you're willing to compromise. Tongue

The only CPA is the one which fights for the proletariat, not your bourgeois sham party!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »

The only CPA is the one which fights for the proletariat, not your bourgeois sham party!

We have 2 CPAs!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

He was talking about the Communitarian Party Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »

He was talking about the Communitarian Party Tongue

Our CPA, then.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »

To cut it short... you're screwed.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »

Hey man, the IFP is a great party! Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »

Hey man, the IFP is a great party! Tongue

That's not really the issue... in order to fit into either party, he'll have to compromise... and JCL is pretty much constitutionally incapable of such a complicated act.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »

SimFan: I would say father and mother as I wholeheartedly oppose GLBT adoptions or marriage outright. It's this reason I wasn't appointed by the current Mideast Governor. Are both the Communtarians and IFP pro-regional sovreginity in our duel federalist system?

Polnut: Freedom brings people together. On core personal principals though I will stand like a stonewall even if I stand alone. IRL Dr Paul has done much work with both the left and the right building coalitions regarding individual liberties (look at the recent opposition to SOPA and PIP)

Cathcon: That is a good assessment of my quandary. That is why I decided put this thread together so I could make an informed decision.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:42 PM »

Marriage- The status of marriage should remain as it is currently. We support the idea of marriage and believe that the nuclear family, composed of two married parents* and children, is the optimal form of the family, and is most ingenious way of raising responsible children and citizens.

To be honest, I prefer multigenerational extended families to nuclear families. What are your feelings on that subject?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2012, 10:50:56 PM by Nathan »

Chairman of the Social Democratic Union (Name Subject To Change) here.

Role of government- The government is the natural extension of the people in accordance with democratic principles. Its role is that of a mediator between interest groups in society and a protector of those who would be weaker without its presence.

Fiscal Matters- While I doubt any of us would if asked say that we think there is somehow something intrinsically good about high taxation and spending, we believe that these things are far preferable to what we see Atlasia as running the danger of becoming without them.

Foreign Policy- None of us are warmongers and in general we support a strong but multilateral and humanitarian-focused international presence. We don't all have the same opinions on foreign trade but for the most part we are more in favor of free movement of labor than free movement of capital. It's all about what trade policies are judged to be best for the working man and woman both here and abroad.

Civil Liberties- We support absolute freedom of peaceful political speech but do not believe that unlimited private political spending is either required for or necessarily conducive to such freedom.

Abortion- I don't believe we (yet?) have arrived at any official position on abortion. My feeling is that I am probably much less in support of it than most of the party rank and file, but I could be wrong.

Marriage- The status of marriage should remain as it is currently. We support Atlasia's marriage equality and oppose any attempts to roll it back or undermine it.

Religious Freedom- We support amicable separation of church and state and freedom of religious conviction in the Atlasian political and cultural tradition; not hostile separation as in some continental European traditions.

Education- We believe strongly in public schooling at all levels, including strengthening our state university systems in order to provide the best and broadest-based higher education to all Atlasians regardless of class.

Immigration- Most of us support freedom of movement. I am personally in support of amnesty for peaceful and permanent undocumented immigrants.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

Nathan: What about the rights of the regions?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »

The IFP whole-heartedly supports Regional Sovereignty, yes.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 10:59:57 PM »

Rights of the regions in what respect? Within the framework of making sure that every Atlasian citizen has access to his or her own rights, immunities, life and limb, education, square meals, and opportunity to work, we're entirely in support of regions tailoring specific policies to fit their unique needs and circumstances.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »

Rights of the regions in what respect? Within the framework of making sure that every Atlasian citizen has access to his or her own rights, immunities, life and limb, education, square meals, and opportunity to work, we're entirely in support of regions tailoring specific policies to fit their unique needs and circumstances.

What I ment is the right of the regions to disagree and not enforce or override via law the federal government when conscience and constuition dictates (ie Nullification) In the manner of how many of the states are opposed to Obamacare on the grounds of its interference with the 10 th amendment rights of the states?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.

Amen...rather in a gay household then aborted
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies