Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 06:30:28 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  To the new Parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: To the new Parties  (Read 2150 times)
Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 12:15:48 am »
Ignore

I don't know who to join.

Sad

The IFP has brownies and cupcakes! Cheesy

Somehow I wouldn't trust your brownies...

Maybe you'd prefer the SDU (NSTC)'s whiskey and hard candy. The creature comforts of the Working Man.

Probably. When it comes to alcohol I only drink the hard stuff because it's the only stuff that tastes halfway decent and isn't reserved for females.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 12:17:21 am »
Ignore

Sad

Shhh...just enjoy the pretty colors and mellow out to Pink Floyd, man...

Man...

Faaaaar out...

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 12:19:38 am »
Ignore

Trippin' dude!

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 12:21:44 am »
Ignore

To JCL...

I think you would probably be better off in the Communitarian Party than the Individual Freedom Party since the CPA the two are farther apart on social issues than they are on fiscal issues. Certainly neither is everything you are looking for in a party (heck, I don't agree with some of the stuff Simfan said in this thread) but that's part of being in a party. We aren't as far to the left fiscally as our name might suggest either. Look at our membership, we have many more fiscal conservatives than liberals in our ranks.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 12:23:26 am »
Ignore

Sad

Maybe you'd prefer the SDU (NSTC)'s whiskey and hard candy. The creature comforts of the Working Man.

Probably. When it comes to alcohol I only drink the hard stuff because it's the only stuff that tastes halfway decent and isn't reserved for females.

I can only stomach highly diluted whiskey but the taste isn't bad. I actually prefer sweet dessert wines, which are reserved for women or very elderly men, but then I'm at heart at least one of those things anyway, possibly both, so yeah...

My favorite type of hard candy is candied ginger. That stuff's amazing, but it's definitely an acquired taste.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 12:23:54 am »
Ignore

However, if you join the IFP, you could start a Social Conservative-minded caucus, bringing diversity to the party.

Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:57 am »
Ignore

To JCL...

I think you would probably be better off in the Communitarian Party than the Individual Freedom Party since the CPA the two are farther apart on social issues than they are on fiscal issues. Certainly neither is everything you are looking for in a party (heck, I don't agree with some of the stuff Simfan said in this thread) but that's part of being in a party. We aren't as far to the left fiscally as our name might suggest either. Look at our membership, we have many more fiscal conservatives than liberals in our ranks.

I know I have like minded folks socially (Many of the Pro-Life Caucus is here) in the party but I want to help unite the conservative factions to have a shot of bringing a small government conservative agenda to help Atlasia. The left is doing so and it would hurt us if we didn't. A way to do so would be almost as right/libertarian on economics.

What are the parties views on Right to Work (aka open shop factories vs closed shop union factory regions) IRL Indiana will become Right to Work within the next few weeks.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 12:52:16 am »
Ignore

We firmly oppose Right to Scab in any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 01:10:14 am »
Ignore

...Take me for a trip upon your magic swirlin ship. All my senses have been stripped and my hands can't feel to grip and my toes to numb to step...

Cheesy

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:53 am »
Ignore

Which new party should I join? I've only known 1 party my whole life in Atlasia, and needless to say, I feel naked without my RPP. I need a new home or I need to leave Sad
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:39 am »
Ignore

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.

Amen...rather in a gay household then aborted

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 01:55:46 am »
Ignore

We firmly oppose Right to Scab Workin any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.

While I support the right to organize for the purpose of collective bargaining and guarantee of workplace safety I also equally hold to the belief that being forced to join a union as a requirement of employment in any industry is wrong. There are many "Regan/JFK Democrats" IRL who
While think it wise to have unions think it dangerous to allow union dues to go to causes and political canidates who oppose their personal values. I am from one of the union towns in the Midwest that have many conservatives who work in the auto factories like Delphi, Chrysler/Fiat and Ford who think the unions are so historically in bed with the left that the conflict with many of their personal conservative values.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:03:20 am by WeareAnonymous »Logged

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:12 am »
Ignore

To Duke, JCL, and others undecided: Join the Pigs Wear Boots Confederation. You'll have a chance to have a direct impact on the game, and we will focus heavily on game reform so this game can be more enjoyable. Once that's solved, we'll start tackling other important issues.

We don't have a specific platform yet on the issues - that's up for the entire body as a whole. But we welcome those of all colors and stripes.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 02:11:46 am »
Ignore

We firmly oppose Right to Scab Workin any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.

While I support the right to organize for the purpose of collective bargaining and guarantee of workplace safety I also equally hold to the belief that being forced to join a union as a requirement of employment in any industry is wrong. There are many "Regan/JFK Democrats" IRL who
While think it wise to have unions think it dangerous to allow union dues to go to causes and political canidates who oppose their personal values. I am from one of the union towns in the Midwest that have many conservatives who work in the auto factories like Delphi, Chrysler/Fiat and Ford who think the unions are so historically in bed with the left that the conflict with many of their personal conservative values.  

The solution to that is limits on political contributions, not taking a wrecking ball to the working class.

JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 02:19:36 am »
Ignore

The solution to that is limits on political contributions, not taking a wrecking ball to the working class.

Allowing non union labor promotes competition and does not take a wreaking ball to the working class.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 02:22:54 am »
Ignore

Allowing non union labor promotes competition and does not take a wreaking ball to the working class.

Non-Right to Work doesn't 'disallow' non-union labor by any means.

Regardless, I don't think you and the SDU (NSTC) will or would be a good fit in either direction, for several reasons.

JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 02:37:57 am »
Ignore

Nathan: though we may be on opposing sides may we find a way to have an passionate yet amicable debate on the issues and maybe on an issue or two come together for the best of all Atlasians.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:18 am »
Ignore

If you are looking for non-amicable debate, I could tell off someone??

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:02 am »
Ignore

In my seeking a future party, I created this thread to make a fair and wise choice regarding my alliances going ahead. I'd like things to maintain the civility and at times fun that we all have in playing this game regardless of personal politics

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:12 am »
Ignore

In my seeking a future party, I created this thread to make a fair and wise choice regarding my alliances going ahead. I'd like things to maintain the civility and at times fun that we all have in playing this game regardless of personal politics

OH YEA?
WELL!!!

YOU SMELL!!!

also, join the Liberals.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 04:22:02 am »
Ignore

To Duke, JCL, and others undecided: Join the Pigs Wear Boots Confederation. You'll have a chance to have a direct impact on the game, and we will focus heavily on game reform so this game can be more enjoyable. Once that's solved, we'll start tackling other important issues.

We don't have a specific platform yet on the issues - that's up for the entire body as a whole. But we welcome those of all colors and stripes.

This sounds nice.

I will join this.
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2012, 04:31:08 am »
Ignore

Nathan: though we may be on opposing sides may we find a way to have an passionate yet amicable debate on the issues and maybe on an issue or two come together for the best of all Atlasians.

Definitely.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:43 am »
Ignore

Which new party should I join? I've only known 1 party my whole life in Atlasia, and needless to say, I feel naked without my RPP. I need a new home or I need to leave Sad

You would fit in well with the Moderate Party, I'd say - center right economically, liberal on social issues.

Another party for you to have a look at could be the United Imperialist Front - the one and only Southern Party.
tell me the Pilate's died and we're no longer alone
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:05 am »
Ignore

Join CPA! We can be your new, comfortable home Smiley.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:19 am »
Ignore

Duke, you'd be a great fit for the IFP! Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout