To the new Parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  To the new Parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: To the new Parties  (Read 7623 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 12:15:48 AM »

Maybe you'd prefer the SDU (NSTC)'s whiskey and hard candy. The creature comforts of the Working Man.

Probably. When it comes to alcohol I only drink the hard stuff because it's the only stuff that tastes halfway decent and isn't reserved for females.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 12:17:21 AM »

Faaaaar out...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 12:19:38 AM »

Trippin' dude!
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 12:21:44 AM »

To JCL...

I think you would probably be better off in the Communitarian Party than the Individual Freedom Party since the CPA the two are farther apart on social issues than they are on fiscal issues. Certainly neither is everything you are looking for in a party (heck, I don't agree with some of the stuff Simfan said in this thread) but that's part of being in a party. We aren't as far to the left fiscally as our name might suggest either. Look at our membership, we have many more fiscal conservatives than liberals in our ranks.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »

Maybe you'd prefer the SDU (NSTC)'s whiskey and hard candy. The creature comforts of the Working Man.

Probably. When it comes to alcohol I only drink the hard stuff because it's the only stuff that tastes halfway decent and isn't reserved for females.

I can only stomach highly diluted whiskey but the taste isn't bad. I actually prefer sweet dessert wines, which are reserved for women or very elderly men, but then I'm at heart at least one of those things anyway, possibly both, so yeah...

My favorite type of hard candy is candied ginger. That stuff's amazing, but it's definitely an acquired taste.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 12:23:54 AM »

However, if you join the IFP, you could start a Social Conservative-minded caucus, bringing diversity to the party.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »

To JCL...

I think you would probably be better off in the Communitarian Party than the Individual Freedom Party since the CPA the two are farther apart on social issues than they are on fiscal issues. Certainly neither is everything you are looking for in a party (heck, I don't agree with some of the stuff Simfan said in this thread) but that's part of being in a party. We aren't as far to the left fiscally as our name might suggest either. Look at our membership, we have many more fiscal conservatives than liberals in our ranks.

I know I have like minded folks socially (Many of the Pro-Life Caucus is here) in the party but I want to help unite the conservative factions to have a shot of bringing a small government conservative agenda to help Atlasia. The left is doing so and it would hurt us if we didn't. A way to do so would be almost as right/libertarian on economics.

What are the parties views on Right to Work (aka open shop factories vs closed shop union factory regions) IRL Indiana will become Right to Work within the next few weeks.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »

We firmly oppose Right to Scab in any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »

...Take me for a trip upon your magic swirlin ship. All my senses have been stripped and my hands can't feel to grip and my toes to numb to step...

Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:53 AM »

Which new party should I join? I've only known 1 party my whole life in Atlasia, and needless to say, I feel naked without my RPP. I need a new home or I need to leave Sad
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:39 AM »

Why do you oppose gay adoption. Sure, some of us might prefer that gay couples not exist, but they do. I'd rather have a child growing up in a family, as non-traditional as it might be (short of crime, etc.) than in a government orphanage. Those kids that are stuck there will hardly be ready for the world when they leave at the age of eighteen, and it's better in my opinion to have them growing up in a household.

Amen...rather in a gay household then aborted
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 01:55:46 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 02:03:20 AM by WeareAnonymous »

We firmly oppose Right to Scab Workin any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.

While I support the right to organize for the purpose of collective bargaining and guarantee of workplace safety I also equally hold to the belief that being forced to join a union as a requirement of employment in any industry is wrong. There are many "Regan/JFK Democrats" IRL who
While think it wise to have unions think it dangerous to allow union dues to go to causes and political canidates who oppose their personal values. I am from one of the union towns in the Midwest that have many conservatives who work in the auto factories like Delphi, Chrysler/Fiat and Ford who think the unions are so historically in bed with the left that the conflict with many of their personal conservative values.  
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:12 AM »

To Duke, JCL, and others undecided: Join the Pigs Wear Boots Confederation. You'll have a chance to have a direct impact on the game, and we will focus heavily on game reform so this game can be more enjoyable. Once that's solved, we'll start tackling other important issues.

We don't have a specific platform yet on the issues - that's up for the entire body as a whole. But we welcome those of all colors and stripes.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 02:11:46 AM »

We firmly oppose Right to Scab Workin any and all incarnations. Unionization is the cornerstone of an equitable industrialized society.

While I support the right to organize for the purpose of collective bargaining and guarantee of workplace safety I also equally hold to the belief that being forced to join a union as a requirement of employment in any industry is wrong. There are many "Regan/JFK Democrats" IRL who
While think it wise to have unions think it dangerous to allow union dues to go to causes and political canidates who oppose their personal values. I am from one of the union towns in the Midwest that have many conservatives who work in the auto factories like Delphi, Chrysler/Fiat and Ford who think the unions are so historically in bed with the left that the conflict with many of their personal conservative values.  

The solution to that is limits on political contributions, not taking a wrecking ball to the working class.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »

The solution to that is limits on political contributions, not taking a wrecking ball to the working class.

Allowing non union labor promotes competition and does not take a wreaking ball to the working class.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »

Allowing non union labor promotes competition and does not take a wreaking ball to the working class.

Non-Right to Work doesn't 'disallow' non-union labor by any means.

Regardless, I don't think you and the SDU (NSTC) will or would be a good fit in either direction, for several reasons.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 02:37:57 AM »

Nathan: though we may be on opposing sides may we find a way to have an passionate yet amicable debate on the issues and maybe on an issue or two come together for the best of all Atlasians.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 02:48:18 AM »

If you are looking for non-amicable debate, I could tell off someone??

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:02 AM »

In my seeking a future party, I created this thread to make a fair and wise choice regarding my alliances going ahead. I'd like things to maintain the civility and at times fun that we all have in playing this game regardless of personal politics
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:12 AM »

In my seeking a future party, I created this thread to make a fair and wise choice regarding my alliances going ahead. I'd like things to maintain the civility and at times fun that we all have in playing this game regardless of personal politics

OH YEA?
WELL!!!

YOU SMELL!!!

also, join the Liberals.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 04:22:02 AM »

To Duke, JCL, and others undecided: Join the Pigs Wear Boots Confederation. You'll have a chance to have a direct impact on the game, and we will focus heavily on game reform so this game can be more enjoyable. Once that's solved, we'll start tackling other important issues.

We don't have a specific platform yet on the issues - that's up for the entire body as a whole. But we welcome those of all colors and stripes.

This sounds nice.

I will join this.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2012, 04:31:08 AM »

Nathan: though we may be on opposing sides may we find a way to have an passionate yet amicable debate on the issues and maybe on an issue or two come together for the best of all Atlasians.

Definitely.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:43 AM »

Which new party should I join? I've only known 1 party my whole life in Atlasia, and needless to say, I feel naked without my RPP. I need a new home or I need to leave Sad

You would fit in well with the Moderate Party, I'd say - center right economically, liberal on social issues.

Another party for you to have a look at could be the United Imperialist Front - the one and only Southern Party.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:05 AM »

Join CPA! We can be your new, comfortable home Smiley.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »

Duke, you'd be a great fit for the IFP! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies