FL: Mason-Dixon: Romney over Obama by 4, others trail the President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:25:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL: Mason-Dixon: Romney over Obama by 4, others trail the President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Mason-Dixon: Romney over Obama by 4, others trail the President  (Read 2223 times)
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« on: January 29, 2012, 03:35:28 AM »
« edited: January 29, 2012, 03:37:02 AM by colincb »

And the polls seem to vary widely about how much support Romney would get among Democrats: Quinnipiac says only 6%, Mason-Dixon and Suffolk say 15-17%.

According to Chuck Todd's "How Obama Won", both Ds and Rs went 87%-12% for their party's nominee in Florida whereas MD has Obama getting 77% and Romney getting 15% of Dems with 8% undecided.  I suspect the race is a little closer than what MD has it, which puts it in toss-up territory statistically.  Obama's up 3% with independents with 13% undecided.  He won that demographic by 7% in 2008 so he's not running as well with them.

My gut tells me that this will be a tough state for Obama because of FL housing market that seems to be getting blamed disproportionately on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae ("GSEs") based on the poll's results on Newt's consulting role with the GSEs.  That's not what actually happened as non-GSEs (Wall Street and other firms) accounted for 76% of the sub-prime/Alt-A mortgages that were purchased which fueled the real estate bubble.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies