Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Poll
Question: New poll (with 20RP12)
Boss Tweed

Polnut

ZuWo

Clarence

TJ in Cleve

Napoleon

Scott

Snowstalker

Benconstantine

NC Yankee

BigDaddy PA

Tmthforu94

20RP12

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)  (Read 42939 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:45 PM »

Why I'm Running for Senate

I run to prepare Atlasia for job growth.

I run to reveal the control that special interests have over our nation‟s Capitol and to demonstrate the freedom that only comes from refusing their money.

I run as a proud Whig, but an even prouder Atlasian. I believe in Atlasia, its values, its future.

The unmentioned problem are special interest campaign donations which own Nyman turning it into a corrupt institution where fat cat special interest checks write the tax code, write healthcare reform, and write bank reform.

I run for Senate and am not accepting any PAC or special interest money, any contributions over $100 per person, and I am remain committed to full disclosure.

We must break the stranglehold of special interests over the tax code, the budget, the debt, Wall Street reform and healthcare reform.

There is only one way to take back control of our country from the special interests - don‟t take their PAC money, their bundled money, their access money. Politicians must be free to lead, free to challenge special interests and free to change Nyman.

We need to deregulate small businesses so they can grow again.
We need to be energy independent and create a million new jobs.
We need to reduce Federal spending.
We need immigration reform that seals the borders.
We need tax reform that lowers the marginal rate with simplicity.

There is much we need to do, but the place to start is with special interest money and unfair trade – and no one is speaking of it.

We must break the stranglehold of special interest money on our political system. We must seal the hole and restore manufacturing jobs. This growth is essential to paying off the debt and getting us out of this financial trap in which we find ourselves. It is the special interests who use unfair trade and self-written tax loopholes to make their fortunes and steal our futures.

$100 limit. No PAC money. Full disclosure. Free to lead is the key. No other candidate can solve these two problems because they need their money.

Stand with me against the special interests. Spread the word!

Even with the obvious failure of government, the boys at the top are living so well they've forgotten the rest of Atlasia. I have not.

I ask the 99% of Atlasians who do not currently give to a political candidate to stand with me. Together we can restore Atlasia‟s promise to our children and grandchildren.

Free to lead a rising Atlasia.

May God bless Atlasia, and each and every one of you!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »

Strom approves![/southern accent] Wink

Go Pingvin!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

Sad.  Not loading
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

Endorsements:
Senator Clarence (Whig-FL)
SoIA 20RP12 (Liberal-WI)
IDS Legislator ChairmanSanchez (Popular Liberty-FL)
Assemblyman Cathcon (Whig-MI)

Ahem....
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

Forgive my spamming and lack of knowledge on the following, but if there were/are 3 Whig senators out of 5, wouldn't that effectively make you Majority Leader as Chair of the WP?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »

Forgive my spamming and lack of knowledge on the following, but if there were/are 3 Whig senators out of 5, wouldn't that effectively make you Majority Leader as Chair of the WP?
I think there are a total of 10 Senators if you count the ones elected regionally. I suspect two are labor(pacifc& midwest), 1 is liberal(northeast) and is whig(south). Not sure about Mideast.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »

I think there are a total of 10 Senators if you count the ones elected regionally. I suspect two are labor(pacifc& midwest), 1 is liberal(northeast) and is whig(south). Not sure about Mideast.
The Imperial Senator is a member of The Bloc.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

The Mideast's Senator is from the Liberal Party (for now) but is about to be expelled so who knows who it'll be in a couple weeks.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

Pacific and Mideast are Liberal. Midwest is Independent. IDS is Imperial Bloc. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

First he mangles my RL ideology and now he messes up my Atlasian political affiliation. What the hell did I ever do to you, Seatown, to deserve such treatment. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »

The Mideast is about to have a None of the Above Party Senator. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

There is no such organizational structure in the Atlasian Senate and with only 10 people such would be impractical. The organization of the Senate is structured on a non-partisan basis with three men in a room, the VP, The PPT and the Senate Dean (which we will soon have a new one when the Mideast Senator is liquidated)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

Why are people supporting this fascist? I don't even mean to be hypebolic. This guy literally supports fascist parties all over the world. Is that what the Whig party stands for?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »

You can say same about Tweed.

Why are people supporting this commie? I don't even mean to be hypebolic. This guy literally supports communist parties all over the world.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »

Why are people supporting this commie? I don't even mean to be hypebolic. This guy literally supports communist parties all over the world.

You yourself support the BNP, which is far worse.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

Does Tweed support Stalin, say? Does he support butchering people to get his way? (okay maybe he does)

You support the BNP and other such horrible parties. This is not something we can just agree to disagree about, you support the scum of the earth racists. And it's amusing that you think you are a Christian. You will be going to hell with those views. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »

I know he is a hell of a damned fool, but that is just the sort of person the Senate needs right now to stir up debate over things others wouldn't dare discuss.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

Also Sbane, since you seem to have time on your hands.

Perhaps you can explain why a Consitutional Amendment sat on the floor for three days when one more vote could have finished it. As of yet, your vote is still lacking. You might want to vote on it before I end it soon. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

Ideally, they will be supporting me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »

I know he is a hell of a damned fool, but that is just the sort of person the Senate needs right now to stir up debate over things others wouldn't dare discuss.

That is an utterly lowest common denominator, populist (in the worst sense of the term), midless excuse of a reason to justify straight ticket voting. You are a better man then that,Yank; this poor argument is beneath you.

Face it: A nut with overt racist sympathies got into the fold, but now the party is too gutless (or complcit?) To primary this, agreed, 'damned fool'.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

That is an utterly lowest common denominator, populist (in the worst sense of the term), midless excuse of a reason to justify straight ticket voting. You are a better man then that,Yank; this poor argument is beneath you.

Face it: A nut with overt racist sympathies got into the fold, but now the party is too gutless (or complcit?) To primary this, agreed, 'damned fool'.

He is actually the Chairman of the Whig Party.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

I had no problem of voting for Pingvin for Imperial Legislature, especially since region desperately needs active members, but there's no way I could ever vote for him for a federal office.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »

Sometimes the truth isn't the convenient answer you want it to be. I had no plans to vote straight ticket. I went in, copy and pasted the ballot into notepad and made several different preference schedules. The first one had Andrew at the top of the ballot.

What the Senate needs is disagreement on issues to spur debate and activity. As I have said before, as a game you can't approach people (even those you find disgusting) with a slash and burn mentality. Sometimes you need to make decisions to artificially spur the game and that means you don't do things the way you normally would in a real life election.

If you don't like it, that is too bad, Badger.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

Is that an endorsement, Yank? Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »

Sometimes the truth isn't the convenient answer you want it to be. I had no plans to vote straight ticket. I went in, copy and pasted the ballot into notepad and made several different preference schedules. The first one had Andrew at the top of the ballot.

What the Senate needs is disagreement on issues to spur debate and activity. As I have said before, as a game you can't approach people (even those you find disgusting) with a slash and burn mentality. Sometimes you need to make decisions to artificially spur the game and that means you don't do things the way you normally would in a real life election.

If you don't like it, that is too bad, Badger.
I think you should run for President, Sen. Yankee.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies