Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:46:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.  (Read 4110 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »

Story.

Speaking to a Lincoln Day Dinner in West Palm Beach for the Palm Beach County GOP, Rep. Allen West (R-Fla) fired off a humdinger of a line that within minutes drew recriminations from Democrats on Twitter.

"We need to let President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, (audience boos) and my dear friend the chairman of the Democrat National Committee, we need to let them know that Florida ain't on the table," West said. "Take your message of equality of achievement, take your message of economic dependency, take your message of enslaving the entrepreneurial will and spirit of the American people somewhere else. You can take it to Europe, you can take it to the bottom of the sea, you can take it to the North Pole, but get the hell out of the United States of America."

Following cheers, West added, "Yeah I said 'hell.'"

Moments after the quote was mentioned on Twitter, former Reid spokesman Jim Manley responded via his own Twitter feed: "Me to allen west. You first asshole."

And they say politics is getting more acrimonious.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

Sure it sounds hackish. But it also sounds awesome.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »

Sure it sounds hackish. But it also sounds awesome.

It's not hackish, it's down-right insulting and inflammatory.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

This is how these fascists think.  They consider the US the absolute property of the rich, and anyone questioning that should be ejected, jailed, or otherwise eliminated.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

I doubt he actually BELIEVES that... noetheless it is not good rhetoric
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »

Europeans might agree with Allen West that Obama is a liberal. Just not the kind of liberal that West thinks Obama is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

And I ALMOST went to this dinner. It was $200 I did not feel like wasting. I have a love-hate relation with West, my Congressman. This makes me hate him more than like him. West has a strategy of provoking people. Then, instead of accusing the detractor of hating "Black Conservatives" or something else, he fights back. That’s why I like him. We need the Allen Wests, Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul’s, and Dennis Kucinichs in Congress to make it interesting. Then the Collin Petersons and Shelley Capitos actually get the jobs done.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »

Europeans might agree with Allen West that Obama is a liberal. Just not the kind of liberal that West thinks Obama is.
Does not compute.
But it would be funny how dysfunctional would US be if all the liberals magically disappeared.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 10:26:33 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

This is suppose to be the adult in the room?

I can see the heads that would spin if Obama said this rhetoric to people who disagree with him.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »

Does not compute.
But it would be funny how dysfunctional would US be if all the liberals magically disappeared.

One way ticket to Somalia!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 10:25:33 PM »

I doubt he actually BELIEVES that... noetheless it is not good rhetoric
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »

Happily, he got screwed in redistricting and will lose his seat in November. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Reid's ex-spokesman seems to have said it best -

Moments after the quote was mentioned on Twitter, former Reid spokesman Jim Manley responded via his own Twitter feed: "Me to allen west. You first asshole."

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »

Does not compute.

One way ticket to Somalia!
Well to be honest, US wouldn't fare well with moderates or conservatives disappearing either, a large chunk of population suddenly being gone would destroy the social contract. But Libertarians...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »

Hopefully after next November's elections Allen West will have more time to spend with the voices in his head.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »

Well it's not like the guy has any reason to try to sound sane or moderate at this point. Might as well go down in flames like the single greatest person ever to come out of the otherwise wretched state of Florida did in 2010.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 02:47:08 AM by anvi »

Happily, he got screwed in redistricting and will lose his seat in November. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Amen.  This is really disgusting rhetoric.  At its most basic level, America is supposed to be about freedom of expression, freedom of political beliefs, the right to participate in the political process, and, should constituents vote one into office, the right to represent their interests.  The U.S., at varying times and circumstances, has been served well by both its conservative and liberal traditions.  For West or anyone else to say crap like this is about as un-American as any rhetoric can get.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 04:00:50 AM »

Obvious troll is ovbious.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »

Perhaps I ought to.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »

Well it's not like the guy has any reason to try to sound sane or moderate at this point. Might as well go down in flames like the single greatest person ever to come out of the otherwise wretched state of Florida did in 2010.

Yep. Grayson didn't go out without a fight!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 06:38:43 AM »

Then you can't have followed the man's career.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »

I have followed it with great interest and have met the Lt Col several times....he is one o f the politiciasn i Respect the most and I want him to run for President one day- I do not believe HE believes this, it was for the crowd
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »

He's finished, anyway, so all this really makes no difference. After the insane email he sent Rep. Wasserman Schultz, there is no doubt he means what he says. During the last election, he even used rhetoric about going to his opponent's house, which is clearly crazy as well.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »

This guy is so ~edgy~.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 10:33:37 AM by anvi »

I have followed it with great interest and have met the Lt Col several times....he is one o f the politiciasn i Respect the most and I want him to run for President one day- I do not believe HE believes this, it was for the crowd

Sorry Clarence, but he should not have said anything like this for the crowd--especially if he really doesn't believe it.  Political flame-throwing is one thing--but for a man who served in the army, was he fighting for the freedom of only people who agree with his political views, or for everyone's freedom?  My dad was a WWII veteran for all four years of the war, and a staunch Republican, but he would never in a million years have said anything this base, not even in private.  And whose freedom is West protecting as a member of Congress, for that matter?  The only thing that disappoints me more than West saying this is how frequently things very much like this are spouted by other public officials as well.  This country is supposed to be, at its core, a democracy of people who may believe as they see fit, and who have rights to participate in the political process, not some tyranny of people with only one set of beliefs about how the economy should be organized.  Apologies for the rant, of sorts, I'm obviously not upset with you, but with West, but this kind of rhetoric really pisses me off to the core.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies