Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Allen West on Liberals: Get the Hell Out Of The U.S.  (Read 4075 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 12:21:58 PM »

Aren't equality and achievement the American dream?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »

The American dream is to turn the whole country into Mississippi.
Scabr
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »

He's finished, anyway, so all this really makes no difference. After the insane email he sent Rep. Wasserman Schultz, there is no doubt he means what he says. During the last election, he even used rhetoric about going to his opponent's house, which is clearly crazy as well.

The insane email that called Wasserman Schultz unprofessional? That sounds like an accurate description to me. Anyway, this is obviously just rhetoric you can throw to the crowd, you know, kind of like how Republicans like to throw Grandma off cliffs?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 01:22:29 PM by Nathan »

He's finished, anyway, so all this really makes no difference. After the insane email he sent Rep. Wasserman Schultz, there is no doubt he means what he says. During the last election, he even used rhetoric about going to his opponent's house, which is clearly crazy as well.

The insane email that called Wasserman Schultz unprofessional? That sounds like an accurate description to me. Anyway, this is obviously just rhetoric you can throw to the crowd, you know, kind of like how Republicans like to throw Grandma off cliffs?

Allen West calling somebody else unprofessional is de facto insane, even independent of the content of the email, which was rhetorically a throwback to a century that most of us wouldn't want to live in as well as at points quite blatantly misogynistic.

Incidentally, I always found the point in the email at which West tells the leader of a major national political party to 'focus on [her] own congressional district' hilarious considering that he lives in her district, not his own.

I mean, you don't have to defend West on the email even if you like him. I think probably most people have at some time in their life sent a highly regrettable email to somebody they don't like. It's just unfortunate when it's done semi-publicly by a US Congressman.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 04:37:11 PM »

Surprise. And now he's trying to backpedal.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »

West will be back in Congress. Sorry.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »

It's called a dream for a reason.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

I take it you agree with Mr West on this as well as other topics?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »

I take it you agree with Mr West on this as well as other topics?

His rhetoric is quite over the edge at times, and while Debbie Wasserman Schultz engaged in cowardly tactics, it probably didn't merit that particular response.

That said, he is a very good congressman.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »

The fact that many may think that doesn't make him more likely to win reelection, of course.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

The fact that many may think that doesn't make him more likely to win reelection, of course.

No, but the fact that he is moving to a new improved Congressional district chock full of additional Republican voters does.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »

No, but the fact that he is moving to a new improved Congressional district chock full of additional Republican voters does.

So parachuting into a safe seat like they do with such characters in Britain, then?  I wonder what your opinion of this practice in when people in Britain, or for that matter Democrats, do it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »

Did you read the email? It was not normal the way he went off.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »

So parachuting into a safe seat like they do with such characters in Britain, then?  I wonder what your opinion of this practice in when people in Britain, or for that matter Democrats, do it.

Fortunately, it's not exactly a safe seat, it's actually quite marginal, especially for someone who shoots off their mouth like West does. His over the top style may still cost him a seat.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »

No particular opinion one way or another. As a general rule its beneficial when the Democrats (ie, say, Steve Rothman) abandon districts where they will lose in favor of bashing another Democrat.

You go where you can best serve the public.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »

Does Adam West live in his district because that would be the best congressional election ever.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »

No particular opinion one way or another. As a general rule its beneficial when the Democrats (ie, say, Steve Rothman) abandon districts where they will lose in favor of bashing another Democrat.

You go where you can best serve the public.

All right, fair enough then.

For what it's worth, I don't object to West seeking greener pastures either, since he's staying in 'his' area of South Florida and not blatantly carpetbagging to Texas or someplace (it would have, I like to think, annoyed me when HillRod did that had I been politically aware at that time).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »

West's carpetbagging isn't that awful when you consider the districts in Florida represent no real communities of interest anyway and can easily end up represented by someone from a part of the district not very representative of it. Plus since he'll be a bad candidate in a marginal seat it gives us an opportunity to take it. It's not a safe seat that he's moving to and still even voted for Obama.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 01:28:33 AM »

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »

Yes West is going to win in a walk in his new district where McCain won a whopping 48.3% of the vote.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 07:36:34 AM by smoltchanov »

I sincerely hope  - not. He is an idiot. The caricature Republican Alan Grayson (the only other difference - one is white, another - black, but both are idiots...)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies