Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 09:45:16 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  How on Earth is this post "trolling?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: How on Earth is this post "trolling?"  (Read 4834 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »
Ignore

A clear case of "I don't like the poster, so we'll act with a heavy hand."

sssshhh don't say that, anytime I say that (outside this thread for some odd reason) I get post after post after post; even PM's from inks, telling me that it's just not true!

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
Ignore

I love this thread too.  I love the popular outcry against the stop-at-nothing, and also selectively harebrained, moderators, who see Atlas as their own lump of Play-Doh, ready to be molded into any ball, cylinder, or, given their likely predilections, inverted penis, that they wish.

Joe, Inks, take it to Moderator's Corner.  This isn't the place.

must present a united front!  can't give the appearance of dissension within the ranks.  keep it secret, protect the sanctity of the veil.

infracted

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »
Ignore

I love this thread too.  I love the popular outcry against the stop-at-nothing, and also selectively harebrained, moderators, who see Atlas as their own lump of Play-Doh, ready to be molded into any ball, cylinder, or, given their likely predilections, inverted penis, that they wish.

must present a united front!  can't give the appearance of dissension within the ranks.  keep it secret, protect the sanctity of the veil.

infracted

what was?  I've received no notification to that effect, although I do make certain posts with full knowledge that I'm assuming certain risk... I don't have to comment as to whether the above was one of them.  my enduring hope is that Mikado was infracted for his Stalinism.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »
Ignore

infracted

what was?  I've received no notification to that effect, although I do make certain posts with full knowledge that I'm assuming certain risk... I don't have to comment as to whether the above was one of them.  my enduring hope is that Mikado was infracted for his Stalinism.

infracted again

careful, you're on the secret list

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Ignore

I love this thread too.  I love the popular outcry against the stop-at-nothing, and also selectively harebrained, moderators, who see Atlas as their own lump of Play-Doh, ready to be molded into any ball, cylinder, or, given their likely predilections, inverted penis, that they wish.

must present a united front!  can't give the appearance of dissension within the ranks.  keep it secret, protect the sanctity of the veil.

infracted

infracted again

That's creepy, Mr. Moderate.  You keep Tweed in a secret place and punish him when you feel he deserves it... but in a way that nobody, not even him, can see...

Do we need to notify the authorities?

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2012, 10:45:59 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: jmfcst on January 23, 2012, 12:25:19 pm
Quote from: realisticidealist on January 23, 2012, 11:39:57 am
IA: A New Hope
SC: The Jmfcsts Strike Back
FL: The Return of the Romney?

more like:

IA:  Gayniggers from Outer Space http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjQZaLO9ao
NH: The Day the Earth Stood Still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGz9j3-jtA
SC:  the jmfcsts strike back

Post Modified for Inappropriate with 3 (out of 10) infraction points

---

the Mod changed it to "Gayn*ggers"....so we can't even name a movie title from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_outer_space?  We'll at least I was under 10 infraction points for a few days.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »
Ignore

more like:

---

the Mod changed it to "Gayn*ggers"....so we can't even name a movie title from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_about_outer_space?  We'll at least I was under 10 infraction points for a few days.

You should consider yourself lucky.  The only thing that keeps you around is that the moderators can't ban you without having to ban BRTD likewise.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »
Ignore

I love this thread too.  I love the popular outcry against the stop-at-nothing, and also selectively harebrained, moderators, who see Atlas as their own lump of Play-Doh, ready to be molded into any ball, cylinder, or, given their likely predilections, inverted penis, that they wish.

must present a united front!  can't give the appearance of dissension within the ranks.  keep it secret, protect the sanctity of the veil.

infracted

infracted again

That's creepy, Mr. Moderate.  You keep Tweed in a secret place and punish him when you feel he deserves it... but in a way that nobody, not even him, can see...

Do we need to notify the authorities?

I am an infractosexual

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2012, 11:45:52 pm »
Ignore

Inks needs to resign over this!

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 12:09:37 am »
Ignore

Done.
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 12:26:23 am »
Ignore

Done.

Nope, still in the Moderators group.

more like:

---

You should consider yourself lucky.  The only thing that keeps you around is that the moderators can't ban you without having to ban BRTD likewise.

Unlike him, I have never been over 100 infraction points (or even 50 for that matter). Not that I support banning him mind you or even most of his infractions. I'd like to note that based on the infraction system the big black cock incident was apparently equivalent to a stupid unfunny joke about living in Siberia.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 12:28:42 am »
Ignore

But I'll note that even though Inks can be pretty annoying with the anti-profanity crusade and much of his moderating actions he is one of the few mods who is actually impartial in his moderation actions, unlike for example afleitch, Joe and Gustaf.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 12:36:13 am »
Ignore

I prefer a lack of impartiality to an obsession with moderating things.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2012, 12:38:33 am »
Ignore

I have resigned... obviously Dave hasn't been on to remove me from the group, but I have given notice of my resignation.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2012, 01:47:13 am »
Ignore

Done.
If every moderator who wanted to resign was allowed to resign, the forum wouldn't have any moderators left.

Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2012, 02:12:00 am »
Ignore

But I'll note that even though Inks can be pretty annoying with the anti-profanity crusade and much of his moderating actions he is one of the few mods who is actually impartial in his moderation actions, unlike for example afleitch, Joe and Gustaf.
Oh, I agree 100%.  Inks is generally a fair moderator.  I just think this particular case was a bad call.  And anybody who uses a term like "anti-pro-heterosexual" deserves to be run through the coals a few times.  But perhaps we've roasted him a bit too much. 

I think if Inks is resigning, all the moderators should resign.  Because all of them deserve to be moderators less than Inks.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2012, 02:27:18 am »
Ignore

So now Inks is resigning because a few people complained about his actions? LOL, if only all the mods were as easy.

It perplexes me that Teddy is so f**king paranoid too. If there was some big conspiracy against him he would've been banned long ago.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:07 am »
Ignore

I have resigned... obviously Dave hasn't been on to remove me from the group, but I have given notice of my resignation.

Of course, Sam resigned like a year ago, and Dave still hasn't done anything about it.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2012, 02:36:20 am »
Ignore

I think Lunar tried to resign too, and he still has a forum somehow, which also showed a great example to the dumbness in the current system when a reported post of mine went ignored for several days and he popped back in briefly after a several month absence and infracted me for it.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2012, 02:55:42 am »
Ignore

I'm only paranoid because when I show that the system has glaring flaws, people do not like it, be it here on the atlas, on other websites, or out in the real world. People don't like to be told they are doing something wrong.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2012, 03:07:23 am »
Ignore

Yeah, resignation is meaningless, and I'm sure Inks knows it.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:06 am »
Ignore

Yeah, resignation is meaningless, and I'm sure Inks knows it.

Well one presumes it's a Spadian resignation, though the title may remain, he will cease taking part in any moderating actions.

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:18 am »
Ignore

Give an example of a partial moderation action that I've undertaken.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2012, 03:41:51 am »
Ignore

So now Inks is resigning because a few people complained about his actions? LOL, if only all the mods were as easy.

It perplexes me that Teddy is so f**king paranoid too. If there was some big conspiracy against him he would've been banned long ago.

*sigh*

That obviously was not the reason he resigned. But I'll let him explain himself if he wants to.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2012, 05:13:53 am »
Ignore

more like:

---

I considered that the more lenient option, rather than deleting it or whatever. All I have never heard of that movie; all I did was edit your post to match the title of the youtube video you posted so that the racist word was removed.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout