How long until a candidate's religious views... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How long until a candidate's religious views... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How long until a candidate's religious views...  (Read 1258 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

How long until a candidate's religious views can be attacked, no matter how mainline he is?

It's inspiring seeing America, where normally only hatred for Atheism and Islam is permitted in mainstream political discourse, truly digging into a lilly-white man's religion, even one as home-grown as Mormonism.

It's truly great seeing the idiocy of believing in some crazy stories told by some nut thrust into the open. The strange rituals and unfathomable beliefs laid bare for all to mock really heartens me. I never thought I'd hear it, but people are finally saying it out in the open:

Who made this stuff up? They really believe this? They must be bat-shlt crazy!

I look forward to the day that Evangelicals, Baptists, and every other religious person can look forward to the same ridicule over their crazy baseless superstitions.

You tipped your cards when you used the word hatred.  That is exactly what all this misinformation and these lies about Romney's faith being spread by intolerant bigots is.  It is nothing less than hatred, intolerance, and bigotry.

Hatred, intolerance, and bigotry have no place in the America of 2012.  

Hatred, intolerance, and bigotry killed 6,000,000 Jews.

I shall now make sure that Romney is monitored any comments that fit into that bracket.

BTW - the last line made you sound really shrill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies