Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 38
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85195 times)
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »

Congratulations to our own Alfred F. Jones, the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast! Ho there for the national elections!

That's actually Simfan.

Is it? I guess congratulations to him, then, and to you for your full term.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

So Labor is pretty much the dominant party in regional legislatures, AFAIK. Maybe we could trade the Presidency off with the Libs.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #577 on: June 20, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »

Congratulations to our own Alfred F. Jones, the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast! Ho there for the national elections!

That's actually Simfan.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

So Labor is pretty much the dominant party in regional legislatures, AFAIK. Maybe we could trade the Presidency off with the Libs.

Not the IDS! You'll never defeat the Bloc Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »

That's actually Simfan.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

You guys can go off and have your drunken parties. We'll be stealing your Dibbles.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »

That's actually Simfan.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

You guys can go off and have your drunken parties. We'll be stealing your Dibbles.

I'd like to respond to that, but "Don't touch my Dibbles!" sounds rather inappropriate...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

That's actually Simfan.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

I'd like to respond to that, but "Don't touch my Dibbles!" sounds rather inappropriate...

That should be the anti-Fuzzy brigade's collective slogan.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »

That's actually Simfan.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

That should be the anti-Fuzzy brigade's collective slogan.

We're not specifically anti-Fuzzy, we're (trying to think of a good description), uh, pro-freedom.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »

What about "No dibs on our Dibbles!"?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #583 on: June 20, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »

That really rustles my Dibbles.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2012, 12:29:47 AM »

Congratulations indeed!
It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.

Thanks, everybody! Now to work on some legislation and recruiting more Labor members in the IDS. I still have no idea how I won, especially considering I'm the sole Labor member in the IDS. Had any vote been different, I most likely would not have made it. Any help, advice or encouragement for the future will be much appreciated.

Despite the right-wing leanings of the region, partisanship is pretty weak here. That's why a purely regional party focused on regional issues was able to gain so much traction here. With enough Southern pride, a good work ethic, and a little luck, anyone can succeed in the IDS.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #585 on: June 21, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »

Congratulations indeed!
It's important to build up credibility and experience for our members, especially those who are newish to Atlasian politics.

Congrats!
Seems our party is indeed making some strides, even if they are small steps.

Thanks, everybody! Now to work on some legislation and recruiting more Labor members in the IDS. I still have no idea how I won, especially considering I'm the sole Labor member in the IDS. Had any vote been different, I most likely would not have made it. Any help, advice or encouragement for the future will be much appreciated.

Despite the right-wing leanings of the region, partisanship is pretty weak here. That's why a purely regional party focused on regional issues was able to gain so much traction here. With enough Southern pride, a good work ethic, and a little luck, anyone can succeed in the IDS.

Based on myself being elected, that does seem to be the case. I have a good work ethic and plenty of Southern pride, so hopefully luck will stick around. Wink
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #586 on: June 21, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »

Hey, can I get some whips for GOTV efforts in the presidential election? I'm anticipating a fairly busy next week or two and while I'll be around I might not be able to make immense time commitments to the forum or the game.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #587 on: June 22, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2012, 12:44:45 AM by Senator Seatown »

I suggest everyone votes for Oakvale over Napoleon, go see the debate thread for why. If you can get through reading all the moderate hero rhetoric that is.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #588 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2012, 01:19:41 AM by Napoleon »

I suggest everyone votes for Oakvale over Napoleon, go see the debate thread for why. If you can get through reading all the moderate hero rhetoric that is.
Really? I'm not a moderate hero- I didn't pick a rightist running mate or campaign as The Independent ticket.

At least I've stated what I will do if elected, and I think the overwhelming majority of it would be supported by Labor members.

Presidential Policy Priorities

I will seek the creation of a national university system, with campuses in all five regions. This system will give us the capacity to educate more of our young people and expand their opportunities for future careers, with the additional benefit of construction ans education job creation.

I will seek the prohibition of federal "land swaps", a modified version of a previous proposal of mine that will not interfere with regional lands.

I will seek to prohibit using tips or commissions from counting toward an employee's minimum compensation.

I will seek to diversify the tax code and decrease income tax rates if possible. It is too easy to evade an income tax for the very wealthy.

I will negotiate fair agreements with China regarding their currency and work to mediate conflicts in the Middle East through diplomatic means.

I will reconsider our use of drone technology and the moral hazards associated with it.

I will push for programs designed to help those struggling with mental health and disabilities by giving them options for treatment or therapy with compassionate care.

I will reform immigration laws and allow foreign students studying in Atlasia the opportunity to work here and apply for citizenship.

These policies will help Atlasia move forward and I will closely with Senators of any party to ensure they become law, in addition to proposals from individual Senators that may come forward.Smiley

I trust most Labor members can look at my record and see that I am the better fit for this party's voters.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #589 on: June 22, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

You're both seeming like moderate heroes.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

Moderate hero seems to be losing all meaning with people throwing it about these days...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »

Seeing as how the Oakvale/Cincinnatus ticket is slightly closer to the center than Napoleon/Kalwejt, implying that Napoleon voters are 'moderate heroes' doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #593 on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »

Now, now, boys, let's not fight. We can tear each other apart after we're done with Clarence and Yelnoc.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #594 on: June 22, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »

Now, now, boys, let's not fight. We can tear each other apart after we're done with Clarence and Yelnoc.

Ideally the tearing each other apart business stops once we are done with Clarence and Yelnoc.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #595 on: June 22, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »

I wasn't trying to fight, necessarily... just give an observation. Tongue
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »

So...how should I start my political career?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »

What issues do you focus on? You can propose laws in the Pacific Legislature.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »

One thing you might want to consider is recruiting non-players to join and register in the Pacific Region.  I'm not even sure if the Pacific Legislature is filled due to the inactivity. :/
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »

One thing you might want to consider is recruiting non-players to join and register in the Pacific Region.  I'm not even sure if the Pacific Legislature is filled due to the inactivity. :/

Isn't the Pacific Legislature universal?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies