Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 38
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85188 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2012, 08:04:13 PM by Nathan »

Neither should we sit idly by and allow the nation to continue to decay into oblivion.

Democracy at the level of the nation-state is a means to an end. The end has not been met.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »

Neither should we sit idly by and allow the nation to continue to decay into oblivion.

Democracy at the level of the nation-state is a means to an end. The end has not been met.

I would be very concerned if the Labor Party goes down this path.

The answer to a time of stagnation (especially before November this year) is not a revolution.

This scenario would provide drama, but also more likely to force more people out of Atlasia than compel them to come, let alone maintain numbers.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

I will most likely leave if the revolution succeeds because my job as RG/SoFE is the only thing keeping me here.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »

The answer to a time of stagnation (especially before November this year) is not a revolution.

This scenario would provide drama, but also more likely to force more people out of Atlasia than compel them to come, let alone maintain numbers.

I'd be similarly concerned if the Labor Party became complacent and neoliberal, but if there's not much appetite for this within the Party I'll advise you that my personal support for this need not govern you. Tweed gave me an ultimatum to decide now earlier today and I decided yes but this very well might turn out to have been a bad idea and I admit that. I would still appreciate it if I could get at least some of you on board with this, because I'm convinced that something drastic has to be done. What I do know is that we can't go on like this. There's a certain level of inevitable risk involved.

I won't be resigning any of my offices at this time.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »

I'd be similarly concerned if the Labor Party became complacent and neoliberal, but if there's not much appetite for this within the Party I'll advise you that my personal support for this need not govern you. Tweed gave me an ultimatum to decide now earlier today and I decided yes but this very well might turn out to have been a bad idea and I admit that. I would still appreciate it if I could get at least some of you on board with this, because I'm convinced that something drastic has to be done. What I do know is that we can't go on like this. There's a certain level of inevitable risk involved.

Look, you're completely within your rights to advocate what you want.

I just think it's going to end badly. I'm not saying this out of self-interest of any kind, I say this as someone who sees nothing positive in this kind of destabilisation.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »

Look, you're completely within your rights to advocate what you want.

I just think it's going to end badly. I'm not saying this out of self-interest of any kind, I say this as someone who sees nothing positive in this kind of destabilisation.

Understood. Thank you for your advice.

I'd like to keep this debate open longer. Say, through tomorrow? Or until Tweed gets back to us. I've asked him to drop in and explain to us why he thinks this is a good idea.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »

Let's make it happen.

It is the sense of the Party that the revivification of Atlasia as laid out in Boss Tweed's current platform is of absolute necessity for any serious Presidential candidate in these lethargic times.

Good? It even has a Paul Verlaine reference.
I withdraw my previous acceptance pending further information about the nature of Tweed's ideas.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »

Let's make it happen.

It is the sense of the Party that the revivification of Atlasia as laid out in Boss Tweed's current platform is of absolute necessity for any serious Presidential candidate in these lethargic times.

I withdraw my previous acceptance pending further information about the nature of Tweed's ideas.

The ideas I was referring to at that point were his presidential platform, which was before he declared his revolution.

Again, Tweed, get in here, please.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2012, 05:25:49 AM »

Let's make it happen.

The ideas I was referring to at that point were his presidential platform, which was before he declared his revolution.

Again, Tweed, get in here, please.
Ah. I support his platform, though I'm not so sure about this 'revolution'.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2012, 05:53:32 AM »

I forecasted the exact complaints being made in this thread in my video, which I would urge all of you to watch and pay attention to.  your notion of 'treason' is absolute nonsense: THIS IS A GAME.  it is a game that is so far removed from what we want it to be, yet all of you feel this abstract loyalty to election calendars and failed structures.  have fun with it, while I, the Creator, now also take upon myself the role of the Savior.

any of your contributions to my project would be appreciated, and would benefit you in the long run.

also please note that I never called my project a 'revolution': the phrase was 'decisive, revolutionary break'.  I seek discontinuity.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »

Thank you, Tweed.

It should be remembered that Tweed was indeed, as he claims, one of the driving forces behind the creation of Atlasia in the first place. It should also be remembered that the current mockup structure of Atlasia does not fit the vision that many of us have already decided that we functionally agreed with.

What, exactly, do you guys think the point is in continuing this game as it has been?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »

If you win, I'll make sure that the Senate keeps you in check.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #287 on: April 05, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »

If you win, I'll make sure that the Senate keeps you in check.

I'm not sure you understand the point of the ideas being floated.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #288 on: April 05, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »

I do, but I feel that we should focus on solving problems through conventional means.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 03:18:03 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I do, but I feel that we should focus on solving problems through conventional means.

Or even unconventional means that perhaps incorporate less radical forms of the better aspects of Tweedism. As someone who helped reenergize the Northeast Region under inactive governor Ghostwhite, I would like to also seek the Labor Party's endorsement. I think your party would appreciate my record of service and it is too soon to give up on the Atlasia we know and love.

As President Polnut acknowledged, temporary slumps happen. We can make the game fun. I enjoyed the series of close elections when the RPP and JCP were still around.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #290 on: April 05, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

Or even unconventional means that perhaps incorporate less radical forms of the better aspects of Tweedism. As someone who helped reenergize the Northeast Region under inactive governor Ghostwhite, I would like to also seek the Labor Party's endorsement. I think your party would appreciate my record of service and it is too soon to give up on the Atlasia we know and love.

As President Polnut acknowledged, temporary slumps happen. We can make the game fun. I enjoyed the series of close elections when the RPP and JCP were still around.

Thank you, Napoleon. While I'm still in support of Tweed and most of Tweedist thought I am not the boss of the Party and I of course remember your work in the Northeast, including your encouraging me to enter politics, with honor. I think we'll be proud to consider endorsing you as well as continuing to consider Tweed's ideas and methods.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2012, 11:59:42 PM »

I'm doing a write-in campaign for Senate. Draft Seatown!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2012, 07:08:55 AM »

Hey, now we can kick Pingvin out! Huzzah!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »

Very important that everyone votes in the upcoming election, we have a lot of labor candidates running.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

Nathan, send the message to our fine members and tell them to Vote For Us!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Aye-aye!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2012, 03:25:06 PM »

Hold on, I have a question:

Do my Senate office and my campaign office have to be separate? Because Clarence's and TJ's are, but Pingvin's is.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2012, 08:38:01 PM »

Hold on, I have a question:

Do my Senate office and my campaign office have to be separate? Because Clarence's and TJ's are, but Pingvin's is.

That's how you prefer, I guess. Personally, I've always used the same thread for campaign and officeholding.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

Hey, I might be somewhat less able to be active in GOTV this time round than I expected on account of, uh, shall we say, emotional health issues. Would Antonio or Snowstalker mind handling this for the moment?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »

Hey, I might be somewhat less able to be active in GOTV this time round than I expected on account of, uh, shall we say, emotional health issues. Would Antonio or Snowstalker mind handling this for the moment?

Sorry, I'm utterly overworked these days.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies