Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 02:18:16 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39 Print
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 30943 times)
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2012, 08:09:57 pm »
Ignore

Nix, you realize the Labor Party voted to endorse me before Seatown intervened right?

No, I did not. I have to confess, I really have no idea what's going on here. But no one else seems to know either.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »
Ignore

Checked back a few pages, and now I see what you're talking about. I believe Nathan referred to it as a "tentative endorsement." They also tentatively endorsed Tweed, no? Is it Oakvale's turn now? 20RP12? Who knows?

Anyway, I think that a lukewarm endorsement is worth very little to your campaign. That's why I commented.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:21 pm »
Ignore

Checked back a few pages, and now I see what you're talking about. I believe Nathan referred to it as a "tentative endorsement." They also tentatively endorsed Tweed, no? Is it Oakvale's turn now? 20RP12? Who knows?

Anyway, I think that a lukewarm endorsement is worth very little to your campaign. That's why I commented.

I agree but I want my support in this party to be more than merely lukewarm whether it is first preferences or second preferences. I have been called moderate hero, neoliberal, other terms, and I have been nothing but an ally to all leftists regardless of party. I even offered Snowstalker the CJO position to give him a chance to rehabilitate a positive image for himself and he told me he was taking a break until June and declined. Then he restarted his presidential campaign. The Left is truly a dysfunctional joke right now which is why I think having this conversation will put us back on the same page, or at least get us to a point where we understand how critical winning this election is. I haven't subscribed to the partisanship I see from some so it is foreign to me but it can be resolved.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:20:00 pm by Governor Napoleon »Logged

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:09 pm »
Ignore

If I can interject here as a non-Labor person here.

I haven't endorsed anyone, and I don't plan to for another couple of weeks, but one thing is ABUNDANTLY clear... not just our version of the right, but the extreme right are stronger and more motivated than ever.

The last election was a sign how important it is that the left is united. Now, I mean 'united' as in preference flows. Regardless of where your first preference goes, where your second and third preferences go will be important.

That also means endorsing someone who will be able to make all progressives comfortable. Endorsing a candidate that you cannot insure against leaking preferences is a recipe for disaster.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
Ignore

I suggest you endorse either Napoleon or Oakvale. Tweed is too radical.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
Ignore

Okay, I'd like to clear a few points up here:

1. This party never even tentatively endorsed Tweed. I tentatively endorsed Tweed because I was given to understand that he had a better idea of what he was doing than he did. There was, rightly, a rebellion within the party and I, I think rightly, backed down when I realized that I was wrong and most of the party was right.
2. I do, however, think that we should endorse Napoleon over Snowstalker for many of the reasons that have been articulated.
3. I haven't been present for this debate so far because I had finals and I'm currently at a hotel whose vaunted 'high-speed internet' is anything but. I apologize for the inconvenience and going forward I hope to be able to spend more time on this.
4. The Labor Party voted to endorse Napoleon. The only reason I described this as 'tentative' was because the turnout was piss-poor.
5. I like Tweed and get on well with him. This was (referring back to point 1) why I had endorsed him and asked for the party's support in doing so. However, at the current moment I do not believe that this is the way for Atlasia.
6. I have no intention to make the Labor Party an auxiliary of the Liberals but the simple fact is that Snowstalker as a Labor Party candidate sucks. Of course it's better to have a leftist elected as opposed to a rightist. Of course we should support the most leftist candidate we can. But I'm of the belief that whoever we end up endorsing should at least have a relatively stable personality and not have quit and then unquit the race, the party, Atlasia, any number of other things.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:20 am »
Ignore

I admire Nathan's ability to enter the thread and settle things with only one post while a good multi-member debate was going. It seems that every one collectively decide to step back and say "okay, that's that" as he demonstrated authority with a much lighter approach than the rest of us were taking. Very impressive.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:47 am »
Ignore

...May I appoint you as Proctor to put together and declare an endorsement vote to be held over the next...shall we say, three calendar days (ending, perhaps, 12 am or 1 am on Monday)?....
Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes []No
Labor Endorsement order Preference(Only candidates that receive over 50% of the vote):
[]Napoleon
[]Young Tweed
[]Oakvale
Voting ends 6AM EST on Monday.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2012, 01:07:32 am »
Ignore

This is exceedingly minor, but shouldn't candidates be in alphabetical order?

Wink

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2012, 01:09:35 am »
Ignore

This is exceedingly minor, but shouldn't candidates be in alphabetical order?

Wink
This isn't an official election Smiley
RG Fritz
JLD
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:58 am »
Ignore

What about 20RP12?

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2012, 03:22:23 am »
Ignore

What about 20RP12?
I didn't expect a lot of people voting to endorse him, but you can write him in.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:56 am »
Ignore

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about that left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.
Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:47 am »
Ignore

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
Labor Endorsement order Preference(Only candidates that receive over 50% of the vote):
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale

Sorry, Oakie!

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2012, 05:46:59 am »
Ignore

What about 20RP12?
I didn't expect a lot of people voting to endorse him, but you can write him in.

He's the only Labor ticket running in a Labor election; I'd expect him to be on the ballot. (Napoleon is Liberal/IB, Oakvale is two independents, Tweed is CPoA/ELF, Clarence is Whig/IB, RP is Independent/Labor).

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 11, 2012, 07:51:08 am »
Ignore

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[]Yes []No [X]Abstain
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world.- Jack Layton (1950-2011)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 11, 2012, 09:57:15 am »
Ignore

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[X]Yes []No
[1]Napoleon
[3]Young Tweed
[2]Oakvale

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:30 pm »
Ignore

1. This party never even tentatively endorsed Tweed. I tentatively endorsed Tweed because I was given to understand that he had a better idea of what he was doing than he did. There was, rightly, a rebellion within the party and I, I think rightly, backed down when I realized that I was wrong and most of the party was right.

this I do not like.  if I ran a contained and boring campaign like my opponents it would be easy to wear a veil of teflon, never make an error.  I will make errors!  but I will act, I am nebulous, not a formed commodity packaged for the June election.  try, fail, try again, it works, try again.  Permanent Revolution to Trotsky, 'Begin at the Beginning' from Lenin.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:16 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon

[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[]Yes [X]No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[3]20RP12
[2]Oakvale

RG Fritz
JLD
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
Ignore

My vote is to endorse the following, in this order:

1. Napolean
2. 20RP12
3. Tweed
4. Oakvale

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »
Ignore

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about hat left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

I'm impressed, trying a bit of boat rocking eh?

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 11, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »
Ignore

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[2]Young Tweed
[3]Oakvale

I will come back to my parents' for supper and then will go to a birthday party for a handsome 13-year-old. 

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
Ignore

Just one word about the last Senat at-large elections because I see that this topic has been brought up again and again: One very important reason why Labor only managed to get one single seat was the fact that many of your Liberal "friends" chose to give their first preference to Andrew instead of your candidates. Had more members of the Liberal Party actually cared about that left-wing solidarity that they now demand from you, you would have at least 2 at-large Senators now.

Honestly I completely agree with this, despite the fact that I'll be first preferencing Napoleon and have the most confidence in him of all the candidates, it always has bothered me that when it comes to "Left wing solidarity" all it really means is "support the centrist left." That being said, however? I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Also I'd just like to note I'm really happy that Nathan has backed off of his past support for Tweed, as I very nearly left the party when he did. Tongue

Napoleon
[X]Yes []No

Young Tweed
[]Yes [X]No

Oakvale
[X]Yes []No

[1]Napoleon
[2]Oakvale

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 11, 2012, 09:36:51 pm »
Ignore

Endorsement vote:
Napoleon
[X]Yes []No
Young Tweed
[X]Yes []No
Oakvale
[]Yes [X]No
[1]Napoleon
[2]Young Tweed
[N/A]Oakvale

Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »
Ignore

Why not Oakvale?

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout