Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:34:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 85915 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:54 AM »

Heh, I like that. It'll make a good secondary campaign motto.

"We're with Napoleon. We have standards."

Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

I'd like to be considered for this party's gubernatorial endorsement. My record on domestic policy speaks for itself and I have the most comprehensive plan to reform the Northeast. Thank you. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »

Hi guys,

I just want to let you all know I've decided not to run for re-election as Pacific Senator, and I encourage you all to run a candidate for Pacific Senator. Sbane is cool and it's not the end of the world if you don't, but please don't assume it will be a competitive election since I'm not running.

Also, run a candidate for President... Earl is kind of a dick, I can't vote for any ticket with a cat strangler on it, and the other two are right-wingers. NOTA is looking like the best option at the moment. Sad

Bgwah/BK write in? Smiley

I am also increasingly concerned...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »

Do we have any policy on a shorter workweek?

President Snowguy already shortened it, how many hours do you think it should be?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 03:18:03 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I do, but I feel that we should focus on solving problems through conventional means.

Or even unconventional means that perhaps incorporate less radical forms of the better aspects of Tweedism. As someone who helped reenergize the Northeast Region under inactive governor Ghostwhite, I would like to also seek the Labor Party's endorsement. I think your party would appreciate my record of service and it is too soon to give up on the Atlasia we know and love.

As President Polnut acknowledged, temporary slumps happen. We can make the game fun. I enjoyed the series of close elections when the RPP and JCP were still around.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »

Was invited to join the Liberal party, but I feel I should stand with real left-wingers rather than moderate heroes and join here. That cool with you guys?
Of course. BTW, I think 'Stand with real left-wingers' should be our new slogan.

That would be a great slogan, if it had some substance behind it. Asking for Liberal votes while simultaneously dismissing our convictions is less than endearing.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »

I would still like you to consider endorsing the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket, if such shall be appropriate. I must say, the recent election shows us that the Right (far-right) is stronger than ever, and that we must be united to win, and perhaps be open to a ticket that can broaden the coalition.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:45:46 AM »

The other day, I pitched an idea on the Game Reform Panel to try and bring back older members/find out why they left ans what could make the game more appealing.

Here's an idea I have- and I don't think I should be the one to do this, since I have only received the confidence of one region thus far. I think the Administration should act as something old an Ambassador to the Forum Community. We should identify what is causing so many of our active posters not to participate in the Fantasy Elections, even if just to vote from time to time, why formerthe players have left, and what we could possibly do to fix it. It is almost as if we are working within our own little bubble world. Since the President and VP have different colored avatars, you two can work to reach out to both sides and try to increase participation and improve the game's reputation with other forumites.

Of course, we should also try to bring newer members into the fold as well. We need more voters and more players, old or new.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »

Well, I appreciate the offer but Nathan is right. Sort of. Im actually the deputy leader of that other party.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »

Well, I appreciate the offer but Nathan is right. Sort of. Im actually the deputy leader of that other party.

Really? Who's the Liberal leader, then? I could've sworn it was you.

Scott, which of course makes the confusion understandable.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 11:28:13 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Seatown,

Might it not be Tweed who is personally unelectable, but that a candidate lacking in involvement and results is unelectable?

Like, are you serious? I don't even think Al is registered here.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »

Sorry I couldn't vote, but I support endorsing Napoleon.

Thank you Hawkeye. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 12:21:28 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 12:24:30 AM by Governor Napoleon »

No, I do not think your ticket should drop out and endorse me. I do think voters should be encouraged to vote for a better ticket. You shouldn't feel compelled to vote for a ticket just to make things competitive. You don't know what will or will not be competitive. How many of us thought the Whigs would win two seats with wormyguy sneaking in as well?

Kal and I are in this race to win, and we intend to compete for any voters we can. I see no harm in that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:38 AM »

If you're in it to win it, you should be after Tweed/Bgwah voters' second preferences. Having Liberals claiming they will preference Clarence higher than us is counterproductive.

I have no control over other voters' second preferences. Labor voters also are supporting Clarence over Tweed. It might be because of Tweed's message. Are you blaming me for their preference? That is ridiculous. I would love to win second preferences but your campaign is demand supporters to join in its opposition to IRV by not casting preferential votes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »

I, for one, will not be preferencing the Tweed ticket

Anyway, Tweed has said he's open to preferencing other candidates despite his personal dislike of the IRV system. I'm sure he can be convinced to give his second preference to the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket. Mutual second preferencing is the best bet for both tickets and for all progressives.

Okay, but my statement was before he said that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 01:04:59 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 01:08:13 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Anyway, Tweed has said he's open to preferencing other candidates despite his personal dislike of the IRV system. I'm sure he can be convinced to give his second preference to the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket. Mutual second preferencing is the best bet for both tickets and for all progressives.

This is what I've been trying to argue for.
I don't think anybody wasn't going to preference Napoleon/Kalwejt in their second preference who is voting for Tweed(except for Tweed himself). We need to find an acceptable left candidate for the entire Labor party that will campaign however. I think it's very important to do it because otherwise we risk losing our identity and eventually splitting as a party, and some of our members will join the Liberal party, which could potentially result in right-wing members of Liberal party leaving and resulting in an even bigger disaster than we currently have.

I don't know why you would say that. Are the Liberals losing their identity for splitting between AndrewCT and Labor candidates? We will have to work together to defeat the Whigs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »

You' ll be somewhere behind Bgwah/Tweed and last cycle's Bgwah/Napoleon but probably. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »

This is what I've been trying to argue for.
I don't think anybody wasn't going to preference Napoleon/Kalwejt in their second preference who is voting for Tweed(except for Tweed himself). We need to find an acceptable left candidate for the entire Labor party that will campaign however. I think it's very important to do it because otherwise we risk losing our identity and eventually splitting as a party, and some of our members will join the Liberal party, which could potentially result in right-wing members of Liberal party leaving and resulting in an even bigger disaster than we currently have.

I don't know why you would say that. Are the Liberals losing their identity for splitting between AndrewCT and Labor candidates? We will have to work together to defeat the Whigs.
No, the problem will be there if Labor dies and enough Labor members join Liberals - Liberal image changes because they are a small party, right-Liberals join the Whigs and Atlasia becomes a one-party state, because the left is divided and the right is with everybody that is at all to the right of center voting for Whigs. That means the right-wingers get one freebie of an election until left redefines itself. Also there will be a right-wing Senate to enact the will of that President. And don't blame it on me, some of the Labor members do not even want to consider endorsing you if you read the thread.

The Liberals are not a small party. We are in fact the largest party. Liberals will not join the Whigs. Some Labor members wont vote for me and some wont vote for Tweed. Unlike Tweed I have been an ally to the Labor Party, campaigning for Snowstalker and others. Tweed hasn't helped support the Left.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »

You' ll be somewhere behind Bgwah/Tweed and last cycle's Bgwah/Napoleon but probably. Wink
? So you are endorsing a two-party state?

No. What in the world makes you think that? I was talking about write ins that I always end up including somewhere on my ballot.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 01:30:07 AM »

Labor candidates did not campaign through PM, that's why. We didn't have any Liberal candidates getting out the vote.

Write ins are an expression of support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »

Excellent! Honestly though, I would like more members even if they are right wing. I reminded Phil to reregister for example, knowing he is also a Tweed voter. We need everyone to come back or join up.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2012, 03:33:00 AM by Governor Napoleon »

I strongly encourage our parties to work together in this election or risk letting a vote split help a less active and/or more right wing ticket slip in. I think there is too much at stake in this election for that risk to be worthwhile.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »

I will also seek this party's support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »

I think most Labor members like Napoleon but would prefer an alternative to neoliberalism.

Atlasia is not America and equating the two political situations would be a poor idea.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »

But it shouldn't be. This infighting some on the Left seem to be clamoring for will destroy us (just like last time Oakvale ran Wink ). Have you ever seen me approach Labor candidates like that? The most criticism I ever had for a Labor candidate was when the party ran an inactive and out of touch candidate for this nation's highest office. And, that member disappeared just as I expected. I would hate to go through these same motions once more, but apparently some of us have forgotten the midterms of two weeks ago and are set on tearing the Left apart when the Right has put together a stronger ticket than meets the eye.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies