Jacksonville Manifesto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:51:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jacksonville Manifesto
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jacksonville Manifesto  (Read 248 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »

JACKSONVILLE MANIFESTO

Jacksonville, Florida
January 30th, 2012

A statement on personal desire:
After serving eight terms in the Atlasian Senate, I have been giving strong consideration to leaving and becoming employed in the private sector. This would allow me to claim private sector experience and allow me to declare myself an outsider fighting the establishment, before running for "higher office". Evil Just Kidding Grin. Though the allure of becoming a "money making independent" did have a certain appeal and with these new parties, cash registers became a common noise in my head. However, I have come to the conclusion that there is a higher duty I must answer too and a greater obligation that I must fullfill, therefore I am conceeding the opportunity to secure a large windfull of cash for these purposes. I am surrendering this because there is a cause that must be carried forward.

Regions and Balance of Powers
Since August of 2008, there has a been a political force that was devouted primarily to the preservation of equal representation of the regions within the federal power. Despite the party's diversification and attaining of national prominence as a party competing nationwide, it still advanced the interests of regions and preserving this crucial balance of power. In doing so, it thus fought for the interests of regional interests when they conflicted with then ational majority and allowed people to determine their government's decision at a level closer to them and thus more likely to govern in their interests.

This force will soon cease to exist and therefore the is required an effort to ensure that these interests and issues are carried forth in Atlasia, lest this new political transitions be taken advantage of reduce or remove the power of the regions and disrupt the balance between regional and national interests. Preservation of these crucial aspects of Atlasian is a essential to a healty and functioning demorcracy that serves all of the interests of Atlasia to the best of it's abilities. The Imperial Dominion of the South, while a loyal region to the national power, is the most unlike any other region in the country, in terms of it's politics and its culture. Therefore it is absolutely essential for the South especially, but also for the entire country.

A political movement outside of the brutally assassinated Regional Protection Party, must be created to ensure there is continued support for a gov't that is based on checks and balances between different branches of gov't, between the different levels of gov't and between the people and constituent components of the nation in the Atlasia's legislative body. There are several parties which pose great promise for advancing these interests but with the platforms of these parties yet to be hashed out, such is merely an assumption and this is too important a cause to leave to unsubstantiated guesses. The moribound RPP may soon cease to exist, but the cause of regions and political balance will never be exterminated.

A Call to Service:
In order to ensure that these issues continue to be fought for by atleast one person in the Senate during this period of political tumult, I consider myself duty bound and obligated to continue my service to the Imperial Dominion of the South and run for an unprecedented ninth term in the Atlasian Senate. In the coming days, before the election I plan to layout my ideas on how to generate activity, acheive game reform, expand economic growth, and of course in case it needs mentioning again, fight for the objections laid out in this manifesto.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies