Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act [Rejected] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:08:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act [Rejected] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act [Rejected]  (Read 5606 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: January 31, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2012, 01:40:43 PM by Senator Napoleon »

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone who votes in favor of this bill is an idiot. There isn't even a point in having parties when you have other parties undermining that. Keep your caucuses off of my ballot!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

Now that the two parties have agreed to dissolve, there isn't really any reason to oppose this.

So the new parties don't deserve any sort of legitimacy? Definitely not fair. People can have their stupid multiparty caucuses and they can also keep them off of ballots, the way any normal democracy functions. Or else why even limit caucuses? Why not five caucuses? Three caucuses certainly isn't enough.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »

The only point of this bill is to put multiparty caucuses on the ballot, wholly undermining the parties we already have for no good reason at all. Caucuses can have whoever they want as a member but they don't need to be recognized by the SoFE. It isn't as if we are restricting freedom of assembly by not passing this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »

Anyone who votes in favor of this bill is an idiot.
While at this point, I agree with you on this bill, calling your colleagues idiots is completely unnecessary in this chamber. There are much better ways you can get your point across.

None of my colleagues have voted in favor of this bill!

But yeah I do take my comment back. Seriously, though, this does more bad than good. Even if I did support this I would want to wait and see how the new parties develop before I go around stirring up trouble with such disruptions.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »

I would prefer abolition of all caucuses to this change. Again, WHY do they need to be on the ballot? We are going to have four sets of parties on the ballot now for each candidate? This is a joke.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

Please point to where I said I wanted to get rid of the current caucus system.

I happen to be the only member of my party in a caucus!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 03:53:00 PM by Senator Napoleon »

Not only no, but HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length