FL: Allen West Switching Districts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:55:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Allen West Switching Districts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Allen West Switching Districts  (Read 6380 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »

What does FL-18 hold? Is it just a redrawn version of the current one? Or is it way down near Martin County? I have not seen the new district maps.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »

What does FL-18 hold? Is it just a redrawn version of the current one? Or is it way down near Martin County? I have not seen the new district maps.
All of Saint Lucie and Martin, and northern PB.
Has that changed, or is it the same? I would of thought that the new FL-18 includes parts of what is now FL-22.

Is a map of the redrawn districts for FL availiable anywhere?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »

Allen was unnecessarily gerrymandered out of his district. Florida is going to gain seats. This is the establishment punishing West for being an outspoken TEA Partier.

Why didn't they gerrymander Debbie Wassermann Schultz out of her district?
Do you even live here? I could have sworn that your avatar said GA. Anyway, West is my Congressman (as of now), and he is HARDLY "Tea Party". I have met him 16 times at this point, and I must say it is a love-hate deal. I love having a firebrand Republican known across the country as my Congressman. But I hate the fact that he is ardently Israel first, a radical Hawk, and extremely negative towards Ron Paul and Constitutionalist. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »

Adam Hasner is running against Frankel now, and it looks like I will get my 18 service hours working for his already doomed campaign.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:33:27 AM »

Adam Hasner is running against Frankel now, and it looks like I will get my 18 service hours working for his already doomed campaign.

So you don't think Hasner has a chance?
Forgive this threads bump, but after volunteering for Hasner in the last few weeks, I am convinced he can beat Frankel. He is far more charismatic then I remember and far less divisive as West. Frankel will have to take West's position as the "aggressive" candidate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

So you don't think Hasner has a chance?
Forgive this threads bump, but after volunteering for Hasner in the last few weeks, I am convinced he can beat Frankel. He is far more charismatic then I remember and far less divisive as West. Frankel will have to take West's position as the "aggressive" candidate.

Yes, he definitely has a better shot than West did, but the new FL-22 (as the current proposals say) is a 57% Obama district. It will be hard for him to win.
It will be. But Frankel has a way of pissing anyone/everyone off. I live a few cities away from her in the middle of Palm Beach County, where nothing she does affects us, but people still seem to dislike her. Its still a "lean Democratic" race, but Hasner has a much better shot then West would. Im going to be working in his place all day tommorow, and they have maps posted of the district. I will have to take a better look at it, because I really have not paid a whole bunch of attention to it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies