CO-06: Romanoff looking into run against Coffman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-06: Romanoff looking into run against Coffman
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-06: Romanoff looking into run against Coffman  (Read 1447 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »

Article.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The district is about D+1 at 51.6/46.5 Obama.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »

Coffman should go for the US Senate.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »

Andrew Romanoff for Congress!!!!
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »

Wow. Interesting.

I say Romanoff stuns Coffman 54.0% to 46.0% if both run for Congress. It'd be better for Coffman to run for Senate.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »

Wow. Interesting.

I say Romanoff stuns Coffman 54.0% to 46.0% if both run for Congress. It'd be better for Coffman to run for Senate.

I think Coffman'd beat Romanoff, not Udall.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:52:35 PM »

Wow. Interesting.

I think Coffman'd beat Romanoff, not Udall.
^

Everyone says how weak Coffman is, but he won the district while Obama won it and the vote swing is pretty large. The question is, if he goes for Senate (since he's the best candidate next to Suthers and the two of them may be the only viable options to have a chance at all), who'd be the R replacement to go against Romanoff?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »

Coffman isn't trying for Senate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

How good of a chance does Romanoff have?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »

How good of a chance does Romanoff have?

He's probably as good a recruit that Democrats could get here. Coffman won by 3 points in 2012, but I'm not sure how much worse turnout will be in an off-year.

In 2010, Romanoff made a point of not taking super PAC money, ŕ la Feingold. That may need to change this time.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »

Gardner doesn't seem to have much fire in his belly either.

Udall, Hagan, Shaheen and Pryor would all theoretically be vulnerable, but they might all get passes because none of the A Team Republicans seem committed to running in those states.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »

Well now that he's announced we'll see if Newell, Middleton, and Morgan run. Of Course Morgan may be appointed Lt. Governor if Garcia becomes Sec of Labor. But Romanoff will have the fundraising advantage and have plenty of support. I fear his rise (but not completely since democrats have screwed him before so he isn't a complete party hack who obeys at command). I'd have supported him over Norton if that's what came down to the Senate race.

Something to think about, all those rumors that he's gay. I mean if he runs for this...maybe it doesn't come out. But if it's true it's going to catch up to him (Granted its not like a social conservative being ousted from the closet). But this isn't San Francisco.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »

Well now that he's announced we'll see if Newell, Middleton, and Morgan run. Of Course Morgan may be appointed Lt. Governor if Garcia becomes Sec of Labor. But Romanoff will have the fundraising advantage and have plenty of support. I fear his rise (but not completely since democrats have screwed him before so he isn't a complete party hack who obeys at command). I'd have supported him over Norton if that's what came down to the Senate race.

Something to think about, all those rumors that he's gay. I mean if he runs for this...maybe it doesn't come out. But if it's true it's going to catch up to him (Granted its not like a social conservative being ousted from the closet). But this isn't San Francisco.

I was unaware Morgan Carroll was being considered for Lieutenant Governor (that's who you meant by Morgan, right?). If so, that's great news! I've always liked her and had hoped she would challenge Coffman in the last cycle.

Why would you have gone for Romanoff over Norton, btw? Norton struck me as an incredibly overrated candidate, but she seems like a pretty mainstream Republican.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »

Yeah, but this is the Denver suburbs, and this isn't 2004.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 12:52:12 AM »

I was unaware Morgan Carroll was being considered for Lieutenant Governor (that's who you meant by Morgan, right?). If so, that's great news! I've always liked her and had hoped she would challenge Coffman in the last cycle.

Why would you have gone for Romanoff over Norton, btw? Norton struck me as an incredibly overrated candidate, but she seems like a pretty mainstream Republican.

Yes I meant Morgan Carroll, sorry about that confusion.

Romanoff is a human, Norton is a robot. Simple as that. Norton truly is a sound byte and nothing more. Romanoff, while a liberal, actually cares about the people, he talks to them, he discusses their concerns. Norton was the exact same version for the right as Michael Bennet, only with a worse staff  and less money. They both stayed as far away from interviews and TV and events as possible because they made gaffees all the time. They weren't genuine. They followed script cards, not what they believed. I could trust Romanoff to be a Romanoff democrat, I couldn't trust Norton to be anything (what was she a RINO or a radical tea partier?) she was too many stats smashed together to try to make a generic republican candidate to win the seat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies