North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:14:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races  (Read 36066 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 29, 2012, 04:05:20 AM »

I don't see him getting the 40% in Union.

Union will be though, I agree. He's already represented a pretty big swath of it for 4 years now though. Also, Obama got 39% in the Union part of the district and Hagan got 42%, so I think 40% would be a decent benchmark for Kissell.

I think that, other than the counties that he's safe in, Kissell needs to focus the most on Cabarrus.

Indeed, his performance in Cabarrus will make or break him. 44.5% will be difficult- even in 2008 he didn't break 43%.

Kissell, if anything, seems to overperform in Union, however. In 2008, he outperformed Obama by over two points in the portion of the county he currently represents, and in 2010 he outperformed Obama by about a point and a half. Even with the addition of more Republican areas of the county, I see 40% in Union as being easier to achieve than 44.5% in Cabarrus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies