ReLOVEution - The Common Man's struggle for Freedom in 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:51:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  ReLOVEution - The Common Man's struggle for Freedom in 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ReLOVEution - The Common Man's struggle for Freedom in 2012  (Read 11621 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »

This dead?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »

Well damn, guys, I forgot about this.  I've been writing Aksum related stuff.  But this would be a nice change.  Maybe I'll post an update.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »

“-weather conspired against us, but I assure you, this campaign will carry on.  Thank you, and God Bless.”  Matt heard the audience buzz through the paper-thin walls of the antechamber as Romney finished speaking.  The door opened, and in strode Romney, his plastic smile melting into a deep frown. 

“No, the Governor will not be taking questions at this time,” Matt heard an aid shout as the reporters swarmed forward.  Romney slammed the door shut, blocking out the feeding frenzy.

“What the hell was that, Rhoades?” snarled Romney.  Matt straightened out of his slumped sitting position.  He still had some dignity; after all, he was the manager of this train wreck.

“Maybe the Paulites are seeding the clouds?” ventured the campaign manager.  Or maybe God isn’t Mormon.

“Ha.  Ahaha.”  A pause, longer than necessary.  “That was not a laugh, Mr. Rhoades.  That was…” Romney waved his hand absently in the air, trying to put his finger on the right word.

For a man beginning his sixth year campaigning for President, he sure is bad at that speaking thing.

“Yes sir, not funny at all sir.”

“Good.”

Another pause, longer yet. 

“New Hampshire.”

“Yes sir.”

“We need to win New Hampshire.”

“We do, yes.”

“It’s a home state of mine, you know.  We were never really expected to win here, maybe this won’t hurt us.

Yeah right, I would bet everything I own the next polls will show us barely above water.  The media narrative will tear this campaign apart.

Matt nodded.  “We need to think about how this will affect the, uh, the main stream media’s narrative, though.  We need to win back the momentum.  And the best way to win it back is to dominate a debate.”

“Hmm…you’re right, Matt, you’re right.  I’ll need to talk to my debate coach.”

“That would be a good idea.”

“When’s the next debate?”

“In four days.”

“Damn.”

Matt’s head snapped up, Romney blushed.

“Er, darn.  Darn, I said, uh, Darn!”

“Yes sir, right.  Um, if you’ll excuse me-” Matt hurried away.  Oh will I enjoy writing that book.  “Inside the Romney Camp”?  Nah, too drab.  Matt shook his head.  First things first, shore up New Hampshire.  There are more ways than one to change the narrative. Matt pulled out his cell phone, and flipped through his contacts lists to “Paul Ico.”  He took a deep breath, steeled himself, and hit dial.

Sniff.  “Hello?” whined the voice.

“Hey Paul, this is Matt.  You ok?”

Sniffle.  “Yeah,” cough “yeah, I’m fine.”

Matt rolled his eyes.  Where the hell did they find this kid?

“Good, Paul, that’s good.  I need your help; we’ve got a week until New Hampshire, and we need to get some things done.  Now here’s what I want you to do…”

Paul scrolled down to the Mitt Romney to be Republican Presidential Nominee 2012 market and clicked buy shares.  He purchased 100 shares at the rock bottom price, input the credit card info for the account Matt had told him about, and confirmed his purchase.

Paul leaned back and fell flat out of his swivel chair, landing on the disconnected chair back he had torn off of the seat and thrown to the floor in a fit of rage hours earlier.  He coughed, picked himself, and sat back down on the swivel stool. 

A tab in Internet Explorer drew his attention.  Atlas Forum.

“Those fools think Romney is done for.  I’ll show them,” he muttered navigating to the 2012 board.  He scanned the topics.  PPP twitter feed says Romney shaky in first night of NH Polling.

Bastard liberal firm.

New Reply

Mitt Romney has lived in New Hampshire for years.  It’s right next to Massachusetts, where people love him for his excellent term as governor.  There is no way he will lose the state; Iowa was a freak accident, it came down to the weather and those cultist Paultards.  Nothing screwy will happen in New Hampshire, unless of course liberals like PPP sabotage the Republican primary process.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »

This is pretty awessomme. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

It's back! It's back! I hope you remembered my name!!

Well damn, guys, I forgot about this.  I've been writing Aksum related stuff.  But this would be a nice change.  Maybe I'll post an update.

Aksum? Do tell me more.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »

Aksum? Do tell me more.
Aksum!  The Ethiopian Empire that dominated Red Sea trade from around the time of Christ until the Dark Ages, and created a powerful civilization which would go on to resist all colonial encroachment.

There's so much to talk about, I'm not quite sure where to start.  You could read the wikipedia article but it's piss poor, to be nice.  This book by Munro-Hay is the best overview of Aksum I have found on the internet.  I'm writing a history on Aksum which will hopefully be easier to read and more in-depth when it comes specifically to history, but finding good, up to date sources has been a struggle.

But yeah, if there's anything specific you want to know, just ask me.  Aksum is my pet history subject, so hopefully I will have an answer Smiley
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 01:12:04 AM »

Thanks for updating!  Once again, I'd like to be in it, if that's okay.  I really like this TL!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 01:12:27 AM »

Thanks for updating!  Once again, I'd like to be in it, if that's okay.  I really like this TL!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »

Aksum? Do tell me more.
Aksum!  The Ethiopian Empire that dominated Red Sea trade from around the time of Christ until the Dark Ages, and created a powerful civilization which would go on to resist all colonial encroachment.

There's so much to talk about, I'm not quite sure where to start.  You could read the wikipedia article but it's piss poor, to be nice.  This book by Munro-Hay is the best overview of Aksum I have found on the internet.  I'm writing a history on Aksum which will hopefully be easier to read and more in-depth when it comes specifically to history, but finding good, up to date sources has been a struggle.

But yeah, if there's anything specific you want to know, just ask me.  Aksum is my pet history subject, so hopefully I will have an answer Smiley

Oh, I know all about Axum... don't forget I'm half Ethiopian! I was wondering what you doing that was related to it.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »

Aksum? Do tell me more.

Oh, I know all about Axum... don't forget I'm half Ethiopian! I was wondering what you doing that was related to it.
That's awesome, I didn't know that.  Might be an odd question, but you wouldn't happen to know anything about Ethiopian history that wouldn't be in the history books and archaeology journals, would you?  Oral traditions and the like?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »

I would of course love to be in this timeline, but I really don't see how you can fit in a random 16-year-old German.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »

I would of course love to be in this timeline, but I really don't see how you can fit in a random 16-year-old German.

You're part of the growing libertarian movement in Germany, perhaps?  The FDP does better, and you look to Ron Paul for guidance, etc?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »

You're part of the growing libertarian movement in Germany, perhaps?  The FDP does better, and you look to Ron Paul for guidance, etc?
Ehh, no.
The FDP has no chance for at least the next decade, imo.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »

Ehh, no.
The FDP has no chance for at least the next decade, imo.

Just trying to see how it would work; I meant maybe you'd be voting for them, knowing they couldn't win, comparing it to Americans voting for Ron Paul or something.  Eh, German crossovers sound hard.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »

Lol @ calling FDP "libertarian".
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2012, 08:50:47 PM by Jerseyrules »

I don't understand, I haven't been there in quite some time, and I'm a little rusty on the politics of the Fatherland :/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies