BRTD w/Hipster Christianity...Tweed w/LDS...what next, opebo w/Hare Krishnas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:43:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD w/Hipster Christianity...Tweed w/LDS...what next, opebo w/Hare Krishnas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BRTD w/Hipster Christianity...Tweed w/LDS...what next, opebo w/Hare Krishnas?  (Read 1862 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »

God only knows what form he'll have me believing in Him next.

Any guesses?

Zoroastrianism?

I briefly flirted with nontrinitarian Pentacostalism.

i find the whole Trinity/Oneness debate quite ignorant in light of the fact the bible never atttempts to parse the nature of God.  If fact, when Jesus was asked to parse it, he refused and brought the focus back to faith in him instead of being focused on trying to understand the nature of God:

John 18

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. "

That was almost 20 years ago.

You're more than 20 years old? That's surprising.

I've determined that Johannus is, in fact, an old.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:43 PM »

i find the whole Trinity/Oneness debate quite ignorant in light of the fact the bible never atttempts to parse the nature of God.  If fact, when Jesus was asked to parse it, he refused and brought the focus back to faith in him instead of being focused on trying to understand the nature of God:

John 18

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. "

When you were 11? That doesn't exactly count.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »

God only knows what form he'll have me believing in Him next.

Any guesses?

Zoroastrianism?

John 18

You're more than 20 years old? That's surprising.

I've determined that Johannus is, in fact, an old.

You wouldn't believe that if I had a pic of me on here (which ain't happening)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »

BTW I found out that the woman who opened my heart to Christ is also a huge Ron Paul supporter so if I see her again another change might happen with me...

Paultarded BRTD would be an Atlas doomsday scenario.

He already thinks we would be better off if Ron Paul was president on 9/11.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »

BTW I found out that the woman who opened my heart to Christ is also a huge Ron Paul supporter so if I see her again another change might happen with me...

Paultarded BRTD would be an Atlas doomsday scenario.

He already thinks we would be better off if Ron Paul was president on 9/11.

The alternative is Bush, so that's not saying much. Gore would be better than either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies