Liberal hatred
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:03:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Liberal hatred
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Liberal hatred  (Read 9212 times)
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004, 12:34:28 AM »

Here, here, Gabu!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2004, 12:37:28 PM »

What's also funny is that Ford, a non-Christian was accusing liberals including me a Christian of hating Bush because of Christianity.

That's like how my Jewish friend has been called anti-Semetic for disliking Ariel Sharon!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2004, 01:14:58 PM »

What's also funny is that Ford, a non-Christian was accusing liberals including me a Christian of hating Bush because of Christianity.

That's like how my Jewish friend has been called anti-Semetic for disliking Ariel Sharon!

You can be a non-Christian and still not hate Christians, and if you can back up your accusations you can and should point out bigotry.

That said, I didn't say liberals hated Christianity, I said that for the cultural elite, which is comprised almost exclusively of liberals and which sets the tone for liberal politics, Christianity represents something that is low on the social totem pole.

I haven't accused anyone of hating Christian, not even the cultural elite.  I did say, though, that the cultural elite do not hold Christianity in high regard.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 01:21:59 PM »

People have different standards on Christianity. High or low, it's still always there.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »

As a liberal, I believe that the vast majority of conservatives are stupid, and are thus voting against their own interests.  It's a sad day when the poorest county in America votes for Bush overwhelmingly, when it is the Democrats who are in favor of protecting their interests.  I don't hate conservatives.  I just believe that the vast majority who vote republican are dumb and are voting against their economic interests. 

A blue collar worker votes for Bush because he is anti-abortion.  Fine.  But he should realize that Bush will be using his tax dollars for a costly tax cut for the rich.  That his tax dollars will result in the overall tax burden of the richest 1% of Americans falling from 22% to 20%, and that his tax burden will increase 2% as a result.

Are these people "evil?"  No, of course not.  They're simply voting over abstract conceps instead of actual economic consequences.  That's their decision.  But is it an informed decision?  No, of course not. 

Roll Eyes

I know this is from three years ago, but I have to respond....

Your arrogant and patronizing attitude ('You poor, dumb redneck -we know what's good for you better than you do, so vote for us') to those blue-collar voters who voted Republican until relatively recently doesn't exactly help your cause.  And their decision to vote Democratic in recent elections has more to do with the tarnishing of the GOP brand than any intrinsic attractiveness of the Democratic Party.       
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »

As a liberal, I believe that the vast majority of conservatives are stupid, and are thus voting against their own interests.  It's a sad day when the poorest county in America votes for Bush overwhelmingly, when it is the Democrats who are in favor of protecting their interests.  I don't hate conservatives.  I just believe that the vast majority who vote republican are dumb and are voting against their economic interests. 

A blue collar worker votes for Bush because he is anti-abortion.  Fine.  But he should realize that Bush will be using his tax dollars for a costly tax cut for the rich.  That his tax dollars will result in the overall tax burden of the richest 1% of Americans falling from 22% to 20%, and that his tax burden will increase 2% as a result.

Are these people "evil?"  No, of course not.  They're simply voting over abstract conceps instead of actual economic consequences.  That's their decision.  But is it an informed decision?  No, of course not. 

Roll Eyes

I know this is from three years ago, but I have to respond....

Your arrogant and patronizing attitude ('You poor, dumb redneck -we know what's good for you better than you do, so vote for us') to those blue-collar voters who voted Republican until relatively recently doesn't exactly help your cause.  And their decision to vote Democratic in recent elections has more to do with the tarnishing of the GOP brand than any intrinsic attractiveness of the Democratic Party.       

Yes, the only thing the Democratic party has going for them is that the Republican party is that people figured out that the Republican party is destroying America. Of course, Pelosi and Reid aren't doing a damn thing about that.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »

I have you on 'ignore' so don't bother responding.

Thank you.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »

I don't think Defarge even comes here anymore.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2007, 09:32:37 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2007, 09:36:33 PM by Frodo »

I don't think Bush can compare to FDR.

I think when Bush's Presidency goes into history, it will say "Bush was a kind-hearted, and physically driven man. But, he lacked the mental agility to be President, and had too much of a one track mind. His policies were based on a religous and moral stance. But, being religous and moral doesn't always balance the budget.

I thought I was fair, and looked at his Presidency as an honest critic. I never said he was dumb as a bag of rocks (Having mental agility is different than being able to manipulate beliefs on patriotisim.), nor did I once say I hated him. The only hatred I've read is for either Bill Clinton or John Kerry on this board.

Simplistic and too overly predictable, and I have no interest in making personal attacks on the President, however much it may be in vogue.  Rather, when Bush's presidency gets judged by history, its epitaph will read:

Despite the overwhelming support of the American people in the wake of the first major attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, as well as developing a new (and meritable) National Security Strategy to meet the new threats of militant Islam and transnational terrorism, the Bush administration whittled it away by caving to partisanship and placing too heavy a focus on loyalty at the expense of professionalism and expertise.  It is these weaknesses that constantly threatened to doom its goal of rebuilding Iraq as a hallmark of democracy in the Middle East. 

It is not the new national security strategy (i.e. pre-emption) that is at fault, but rather the actors charged with the responsibility of carrying it out, and through their own incompetence discrediting it.

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »

Why are you replying to people who don't come to this board anymore? Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2007, 09:44:20 PM »

Who knows -they might come back, or they might be lurking as we speak (type).  Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »

I have you on 'ignore' so don't bother responding.

Thank you.

He's a coward who doesn't actually want to debate anyone because then he'd lose.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2007, 11:19:35 PM by Frodo »

Perhaps I am being overly idealistic, but debate (to me) is not about 'winning' or 'losing' but coming to a common ground with your opponent.  I treat it not as a sport (i.e. like football) but as a discussion, and that is the format I am most comfortable with.  Too many see it the other way around -and without the sportsmanship that at least sports has...in theory, anyways.  The fact that so many here are more focused on proving their ideological bonafides to their peers when debating pretty much sucks up any eagerness I have in engaging in it. 

I have tried to reach you in the past, jfern, but you are impossible to reason with.  That is the reason I no longer bother to engage in debates with you.  You remind me very much of that right-wing Christian evangelical zealot (from another forum) I debated for months with, and you two have more in common than you'd like to think.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2007, 02:29:49 AM »

It is very difficult to come to compromise when there is quite reasonably bitter hatred on one side and abiding fear on the other.  Naturally working-class people hate the Right for oppressing them and demanding absolute privilege, and naturally the owners fear the Left since if it really gained power it might be tempted to pay them back in kind for the hideous suffering they have caused. 

It is very difficult to say to a cannibal 'ok, just eat my leg'...  And why should he only consume that once he has the better of you?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2007, 07:53:51 AM »

Defarge was online last week, but he hasn't posted anything since July.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 09:25:28 AM »

The use by the right of the supposed hatred of them by the left, is meant to make liberal appear irrational - therefore make any arguments they make invalid.

George Bush isn't disliked because he abandoned "the elites" and sucked up to the South because of the suppose place in social ladder. In case it was missed, until 2006 the conservative-christian generally southern power base was the power in America. This perpetual victim mentality had worked so well. Bush has NEVER sidled up to the elites, in fact he publicly shuns them.

George Bush is disliked because
*he invaded a country he had no right to
*he advocated divisive attack politics for his advantage
*he advocates reckless economic policy
*he is completely lacking in intellectually curiosity... but I don't think he's stupid.

My GOD... and the rest.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 08:08:27 AM »

Liberal hatred of conservatives and conservatism is perfectly justified.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies