What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What makes you Dem/Repub/Indep?  (Read 43683 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: January 06, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »

In real life, I would be an independent, however since PA has a closed primary system, and I do want to vote in primaries, I am a Democrat because of my slight lean to the left.

I feel that the Republican party (and unfortunetly the Democrats too to a lesser extent) fail to realize that there are major problems going on in the country and the world (with issues like poverty, AIDS, the environment and genocide) and choose to do little about them.

I have strange opinions on social issues, as  I am pro-life (for abortion and death penalty), pro-gay marriage, pro-funding for religious charities, anti-school prayer, pro-Patriot Act and pro-gun control.

From a foreign policy standpoint, I strongly agree with the war in Afghanistan and strongly disagree with the war in Iraq.  I feel after the War in Afghanstian we should have turned our attention to more immediate threats such as North Korea and Iran, and spent more time trying to help peace processes in conflicts such as Israel-Palestine and India-Palestine.

Economically, I am a staunch believer in progresive taxation, as I feel putting money into the hands of the poor and middle class will not only help those geniunely in need, but this money will more likely be spent, rather than just thrown in the bank.  I believe that everyone has the right to an education, health care and a retirement, and if somebody chooses to use a private provider, that's their choice, but the money should not get a tax deduction (I don't believe in school vouchers).

In addition, although I am a Democrat, my favorite government official happens to be a Republican (Chris Shays).
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:20:23 PM »

What do you think happens to money when it gets put in a bank?

Taxes do not get paid and the money does not go back into the economy
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:27:12 PM »

What do you think happens to money when it gets put in a bank?

Taxes do not get paid and the money does not go back into the economy

You know what a loan is?

When I receive my paycheck, I put in the bank, and when I go to the ATM to take it out, i haven't lost any money because of taxes.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

When I receive my paycheck, I put in the bank, and when I go to the ATM to take it out, i haven't lost any money because of taxes.

Dude...read my above post.  That's not all a bank does.

Aha I missed your above post and after reading it, I agree with you and you caught my drift.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies