Presidential Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Debate?  (Read 3133 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:34 AM »

ZuWo asked me to moderate a debate, and so I was going to do host it starting tommorow.

However, Yelnoc if you want to go ahead and host the debate you would be excellent.  Or we could collaborate.

Indeed, I would love to participate in such a debate. It doesn't matter to me whether there is one or there are two moderators. Though maybe one of you guys could moderate the presidential and the other the vice presidential debate?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:48 AM »

Since the Labor Party guys appear to consider nominating a ticket on their own - and maybe there will be even more tickets - I suggest we should not start any debates today or tomorrow. The election starts on February 16 (and not, as I mistakenly assumed, a week earlier) so there is still some time.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:41:24 AM »

Amazing, at least 5 candidates.  I have to say, dissolution seems to have worked.

And yes, I would love to host the Vice Presidential debate.

5?

I count myself/Jbrase, Polnut/Tmth, EarlAW/Dr. Cynic, 20RP12/Pingvin, thus only 4. Or do you know more than we do? Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

Amazing, at least 5 candidates.  I have to say, dissolution seems to have worked.

And yes, I would love to host the Vice Presidential debate.

5?

I count myself/Jbrase, Polnut/Tmth, EarlAW/Dr. Cynic, 20RP12/Pingvin, thus only 4. Or do you know more than we do? Tongue

I think the Labor Party is determining whether or not to run a ticket.

Yes, but I got the feeling it was more likely that they would endorse EarlAW/Cynic. I may be wrong, though. An additional ticket would certainly make the race even more interesting, so I hope the Labor Party will indeed nominate someone!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »

I could open the debate tonight and just leave it open to any candidates who decide to jump in. Or I could wait a while longer. Either is fine.

As far as I can see, the Labor Party still hasn't decided whether to nominate a ticket or not, and if they do run a ticket it is far from clear who will run. That's why I suggest to wait one or two days more (we still have nearly two weeks before the elections begin), but I have no objections if you decide to open the debate today.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »

Let's see what happens with the labor party before we make any decisions.

Now that the Labor Party has picked a presidential candidate (Barnes), I think we could get started with the presidential debate (and hold off the VP debate until Labor has picked a VP candidate).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:34:25 AM »

Does everyone agree to start a debate as soon as shua is ready?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »

Regarding the structure of the debate, it will be important to keep in mind that we have candidates basically from every corner of the world (USA, Europe, Australia, at least) so we probably won't be able to respond to each other immediately all the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies