Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 05:44:09 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Regional Government sub-forum needs a moderator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Regional Government sub-forum needs a moderator  (Read 712 times)
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:40 pm »
Ignore

I just realized this when I was looking around for someone to sticky a thread there.  I don't have any good suggestions for the appointee, though I'm in there so often I could really do it myself.

Goodbye
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »
Ignore

Bacon King.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:30:40 pm »
Ignore

We need someone who is active in the game to be moderator of the whole section, and all forums and subforums in Atlasia. Bacon King is a good choice. Hell I'd even run myself Cheesy Lord knows I am active in all those forums.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:55:14 am »
Ignore

We need someone who is active in the game to be moderator of the whole section, and all forums and subforums in Atlasia. Bacon King is a good choice. Hell I'd even run myself Cheesy Lord knows I am active in all those forums.

No offense Teddy, but you should not be a moderator.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:57 pm »
Ignore

I have the ability to mod any board; please PM me or post any concerns you have here, until/unless any future time when a mod is appointed.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 01:06:58 am »
Ignore

I think the government appointed me when the sub-forum was created, but I'm sure that some the moderators wouldn't want me in their secret little clubhouse. Tongue

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:30:13 am »
Ignore

We need someone who is active in the game to be moderator of the whole section, and all forums and subforums in Atlasia.

Since we created the sub-board this has basically been my opinion. Gustaf has been very prompt in dealing with any business and Bacon King is reasonably active in the game, but, Atlasia is such a huge section of this forum with so many moving parts that it would be nice if we had someone from the game being a mod for that specific purpose.

A more reasonable choice, though, would be Ilikeverin. He's very active in observing Atlasia and has been for years, and I don't think I've ever seen him involved in any controversy at all. I can't imagine a kinder guy in Atlasia more suitable for that position, should Atlasia ever get a new mod.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:55 am »
Ignore

Mods who are active in the game (BK, Afleitch, Inks if he has not quitted) could be given extra powers.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 03:44:57 am »
Ignore

Two of those should certainly not be mods at all.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:39 am »
Ignore

Some time ago I mistakenly opened a thread in the Regional Government board instead of in the main Fantasy Election board. I then PMed Gustaf who told me I should PM Nym and the problem was solved instantly. So from my limited personal experience it seems to have worked very well.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »
Ignore

More power for Bacon King seems pretty reasonable IMO.

It is very advisable to examine and dissect the men of science for once, since they for their part are quite accustomed to laying bold hands on everything in the world, even the most venerable things, and taking them to pieces.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »
Ignore

I'd love to do it.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »
Ignore

I don't think Nym would have any objection to me posting this so I'll just do that and hope it settles the matter:

I just emailed him and he got back to me right away and removed Sam. Please let me know who/if you would like to replace him.

If Dave is that quick about the e-mails, and, discusses these things with the mods, then there's a good chance the mods already know.

I sent Dave an e-mail applying to be moderator. I will only say 3 things.

1 - I know I am odd due to my autism, but I think that when I've had power I've been fair with it.
2 - The biggest 'bad' thing I do is complain about moderation, this would be a chance to put my money where my mouth is so to speak
and 3 - I know from previous times when I've applied to be a moderator (elsewhere), the popular comeback from those who don't like me is "he would do ____" or "he wouldn't do _____" but in all fairness, you guys don't know what you are talking about, as in general they've never seen me with power before - I've always used power very very fairly.

That's all I gotta say on the topic. People can begin talking about all the terrible things I'd do after the beep

beep

Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:20:29 am »
Ignore

I'd be fine with it.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:54:31 am »
Ignore

I'd be fine with it.

This seems like the best idea.

It is very advisable to examine and dissect the men of science for once, since they for their part are quite accustomed to laying bold hands on everything in the world, even the most venerable things, and taking them to pieces.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout