Romney fires debate aide for being successful at the expense of his boss...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:44:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney fires debate aide for being successful at the expense of his boss...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Romney fires debate aide for being successful at the expense of his boss...  (Read 5658 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »

Yes, I know it says "not being retained", which if you read further in is clearly not true, but at any rate, this article reveals so much about Mitt Romney, his campaign, and the disaster that would be the Mitt Romney presidency, if, God forbid, it were to ever occur, it is well worth reading...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72433.html
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:09 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 12:42:08 AM by Politico »

The signal is clear: No more debating until Obama.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »

Mitt Romney likes to fire people, so this does not surprise me.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »

Since you like to pretend you speak for his campaign, I'm going to assume that you don't realize how much Romney's attitude pisses off those who don't support him.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »

Since you like to pretend you speak for his campaign, I'm going to assume that you don't realize how much Romney's attitude pisses off those who don't support him.

Look, Romney is ultimately responsible for Romney's comeback. Go ask Rick Perry about having great advisers and the best of resources.

I know it pisses off a lot of people, Democrats included, that Mitt is now the presumptive nominee, but that's the case. O'Donnell will obviously advise him before the debates with Obama because that's the prudent thing to do: Get the best debate adviser in the nation to advise you before debates. Obviously it does not make sense to have the best debate adviser on your team when you are not going to debate again until late September/early October. I strongly suspect the scheduled debate for February is no longer going to happen, and thank goodness. We've had one too many GOP debates already. How many have we had: 20? People, even people who love politics like us, have seen enough of them.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:09 AM »

Wow, my post did not have a long life. The Atlas Bureau for Extreme Censorship strikes again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »

Whoever deleted Eraserhead's post should resign immediately. It was a true gem.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:02:19 AM »

was it anti-Mormon?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 01:02:53 AM »

Look, Romney is ultimately responsible for Romney's comeback. Go ask Rick Perry about having great advisers and the best of resources.

I know it pisses off a lot of people, Democrats included, that Mitt is now the presumptive nominee, but that's the case. O'Donnell will obviously advise him before the debates with Obama because that's the prudent thing to do: Get the best debate adviser in the nation to advise you before debates. Obviously it does not make sense to have the best debate adviser on your team when you are not going to debate again until late September/early October. I strongly suspect the scheduled debate for February is no longer going to happen, and thank goodness. We've had one too many GOP debates already. How many have we had: 20? People, even people who love politics like us, have seen enough of them.

In other words, use, abuse and throw away when not necessary, is your argument.  Nice to know that you have as much morals as your head, the wannabe Mormon-in-Chief.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:03:18 AM »

was it anti-Mormon?

Not at all. It was just a commentary on Mitt Romney's "I like to fire people" remark! Apparently we can't attack Romney at all anymore!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 01:06:07 AM by Politico »

In other words, use, abuse and throw away when not necessary, is your argument.  Nice to know that you have as much morals as your head, the wannabe Mormon-in-Chief.

I am sure O'Donnell was well compensated for his services, and will be well compensated in the future when the campaign brings him back on-board for the real debates (you know, the debates with Obama that Gingrich said he would refuse to participate in).

It seems to me the Romney campaign has decided there will be no more GOP debates, so it does not make sense to keep a debate adviser on-board indefinitely, especially if he is going to get more credit than he deserves. If it was all about O'Donnell, who is really a hired gun, Bachmann would be the nominee right now.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 01:05:24 AM »

Moderators will exercise their power to forward their opinions.  it's a disaster... currently a weatherable disaster, but we non-Mods quite need to organize and find a way to mess them up.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 01:08:10 AM »

was it anti-Mormon?

Not at all. It was just a commentary on Mitt Romney's "I like to fire people" remark! Apparently we can't attack Romney at all anymore!

When the moderators started complaining about all the information posted about Mormonism, they, in particular, signaled out you and Eraserhead as the two most problematic sources of this information, and the two most likely who would have be dealt with.

Guess they've just extended supposedly anti-Mormon posts to supposedly anti-Romney posts, since they are likely one in the same as he is a direct descendant of one of the original Twelve Apostles, which makes him a real important person in that church.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »

Disgusting and worrying news, SS. Thank you for sharing it with me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

Sam Spade has become, however ironically, a self-hating informant... he knows all, and he knows Us, and despite his misanthropy, he wants to see destruction, and as such he so informs..
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 01:12:40 AM »

After the revolution, which let's be honest Sam Spade is unlikely to survive, he will be venerated as a martyr forefather by the new posters' commonwealth.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:19 AM »

Sam Spade has become, however ironically, a self-hating informant... he knows all, and he knows Us, and despite his misanthropy, he wants to see destruction, and as such he so informs..

Instead of trying to be mystical and profound, just point out what I am and have always been - a troublemaker.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »

Something had to be done in response to that article that gave the credit to behind the scenes operatives. Even if the candidate is a puppet pulled along by his behind the scenes staff, you don't want it printed, especially before the contest in question has been held, more or the less, the whole campaign. Whether this was the right move, we will have to see.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:01 AM »

The anti-Mormon rhetoric sure is ugly. Is the left only good nowadays at being hateful towards religion, and successful people? You do realize this is the United States, not the Soviet Union, right? It's favorable to be religious and successful in America.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 01:26:05 AM by Eraserhead »

Well, I always assumed I was on The List but it's good to know it from an official source. The situation here continues to become more dire. Soon Lief and I will just have "Mormon" and perhaps even "Romney" automatically deleted from all of our posts.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »

Huh
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »

I am not a religious person, nor have I ever reported any post on this Forum, but you are being very disrespectful towards religious people, specifically Mormons, with this type of rhetoric.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »

Mitt Romney likes to fire people, so this does not surprise me.

So does his pal Trump.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 01:28:36 AM »

Something had to be done in response to that article that gave the credit to behind the scenes operatives. Even if the candidate is a puppet pulled along by his behind the scenes staff, you don't want it printed, especially before the contest in question has been held, more or the less, the whole campaign. Whether this was the right move, we will have to see.

If a new talent at a company leads to successful development of a new product which makes the company a lot of money, and the CEO becomes thought of better as a leader in his field, do you get rid of him merely because it is found out that he made the development and not the CEO of the company?

It's almost like Mitt Romney and his people have never actually run anything.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 01:30:21 AM »

The anti-Mormon rhetoric sure is ugly. Is the left only good nowadays at being hateful towards religion, and successful people? You do realize this is the United States, not the Soviet Union, right? It's favorable to be religious and successful in America.

With this type of response, I have to conclude that you don't know anything about this country.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies