Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 08:43:08 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Why is Sam not a moderator anymore?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why is Sam not a moderator anymore?  (Read 1007 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »
Ignore

So Dave finally got around to it?
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »
Ignore

he asked to be dropped over a year ago, but only after his comments revealing the content of what exactly it is that goes on in the Mods' insulated corner:

When the moderators started complaining about all the information posted about Mormonism, they, in particular, signaled out you and Eraserhead as the two most problematic sources of this information, and the two most likely who would have be dealt with.

Guess they've just extended supposedly anti-Mormon posts to supposedly anti-Romney posts, since they are likely one in the same as he is a direct descendant of one of the original Twelve Apostles, which makes him a real important person in that church.

...and so on, was he stripped.

I believe we, the Community, the lifeblood of this Forum as has always been and always will be, have the right to know the following:

1. does Nym90 have the capability as ModAdmin to 'demoderate'?
2. if so, did he demoderate Sam Spade, or did Dave Leip?
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:26 pm »
Ignore

Haha. I'm pretty sure that Sam was demodded before he posted that. In fact, I think the causality might have been the reverse. The way it happened certainly had nothing to do with any comments, anyway.

When Inks wanted to resign the issue of how effective resignations are came up. This prompted Nym to contact Dave with asking him to demod Sam. And thus it happened.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »
Ignore

Inks has not been demoderated.  thus blowing to pieces your glass house of pained lies.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »
Ignore

Inks has not been demoderated.  thus blowing to pieces your glass house of pained lies.

Huh? That has nothing to do with it...I don't think he has contacted Dave with a request to be demodded.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »
Ignore

Nym did not e-mail Dave bringing my announcement to his attention, because I did not ask him to.
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 03:56:30 pm »
Ignore

Haha. I'm pretty sure that Sam was demodded before he posted that. In fact, I think the causality might have been the reverse. The way it happened certainly had nothing to do with any comments, anyway.

When Inks wanted to resign the issue of how effective resignations are came up. This prompted Nym to contact Dave with asking him to demod Sam. And thus it happened.

Sam was demodded February 1 or 2, I believe, because it was right around the time this thread was made: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148265.0  I remember when I first saw the title of the thread, I initially thought it was talking about a replacement for Sam in the Other Elections category.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 05:00:27 pm »
Ignore

I don't think Nym would have any objection to me posting this so I'll just do that and hope it settles the matter:

I just emailed him and he got back to me right away and removed Sam. Please let me know who/if you would like to replace him.

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »
Ignore

Tweed reminds me of those protesters who've been camped outside the White House continuously since the Vietnam war, but marginally less coherent.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:31:16 pm »
Ignore

Tweed reminds me of those protesters who've been camped outside the White House continuously since the Vietnam war, but marginally less coherent.

That lady.  People who go to DC, you might think it's cool to talk to the peace lady.  Don't bother.  She's off her rocker.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 07:55:39 pm »
Ignore

you fool.  I hate that I even deign to reply to you.  you understand nothing of the depth of life.  you go on one speed and you're convinced it's the ultimate dimension.  then you'll turn 50 and it will be nothing, worth absolutely nothing.  and you'll start to see in the technicolor that I see, just for a second, a blip.  and you'll fall back on your chair, staring at a wall while not seeing anything at all... and then you'll know, know something you can't quite put into words.
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »
Ignore

Rather than respond to whatever the hell that post meant, here's something else to keep Tweed occupied for a few hours:

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:57 pm »
Ignore

Anti-war protestors were not coherent in the 60s either

Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:03 pm »
Ignore

Only Dave can demod. 

I have asked to be demoded for the past year, ever since the time around the jmfcst thing, which I disagreed with (not the only reason why I wanted out - see the points system crap), but Dave doesn't read anything and doesn't care, and I'm not going to do his work for him.  He can read this forum, and should at least read the mod forum.

At any rate, when Inks had one of his usual tantrums, and requested to be demoded, the issue came up again, and Nym offered to e-mail Dave.  I guess he did, and I was demoded.  This was before my post of last evening, far before.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »
Ignore

Only Dave can demod.

Once Dave was contacted for the first time via the method that he has indicated is the most effective for communication with him, he promptly fulfilled Sam's (year-old) request.
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »
Ignore

Excellent!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout