Scott for Northeast Senator (VICTORY SPEECH)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott for Northeast Senator (VICTORY SPEECH)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Scott for Northeast Senator (VICTORY SPEECH)  (Read 10550 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2012, 11:59:09 PM by Senator Scott »

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.  Tonight I am proud to announce my candidacy for Northeast Senator!

Ever since I was sworn into the Northeast Assembly back in August, I have been using the privilege to learn about our government, gain experience, write and pass numerous bills, and now, lead our legislative branch as Speaker.  Have I made a few mistakes along the way?  Indeed, I have.  But I have used these errors to learn and become a better representative.

To demonstrate my commitment to this region and show my constituents where I stand, I have kept a list of all legislation we've considered this region as well as keep an organized, and routinely updated list of bills that I have both written and supported over my career.  I wish to bring this same type of openness and organization to the Atlasian Senate.

Now, in Atlasia, we have many issues facing our country.  It is absolutely necessary to have a government that's dedicated to protecting your rights, ensuring your liberty, promoting the general welfare, and stepping into matters when most necessary.  To do this, we must keep a temporary safety net available for the poor, give Atlasians the incentive to achieve success, and pass the right regulations that help our businesses- not stifle job creation.

Here's where I stand on some important issues facing our country:

Trade
I generally support free trade with other nations, as long as those nations share our interests and promote the rights of their workers.

Taxes
I am a firm supporter of progressive taxation because they give our job creators the incentive to spend and invest in jobs, whereas flat/regressive taxes do not.  However, I understand that it is important to keep rates at a reasonable level so that people are not overburdened by federal and regional taxes.  Our corporate taxes must be without loopholes and low enough so that Atlasia can be the number one country for starting a business.

Healthcare
I support the Atlasian National Healthcare Act and will support positive efforts to reduce expenses.

Environment
It should be a priority of our government to promote environmentally-friendly energy sources and stand up for responsible environment policy.  One of my major environmental issues is mountaintop removal; as Northeast representative, I authored the legislation that banned this practice from our region so that Appalachian residents may prosper with cleaner air, healthier lives, and so that recreational activities (such as hunting and fishing) may be undisturbed.  If elected to the Senate, I would push for similar legislation on a federal level.

Abortion
Abortion has always been, to me, a deeply emotional issue affecting doctors, women, and families.  It is my view that women's health and privacy must always be protected, and that is why I am pro-choice.  As Senator, I will oppose all legislation that infringe upon this right and work to ensure that reproductive freedom is honored by this government.

Marriage Equality
I believe that marriage rights ought to be ensured to people, regardless of gender or sexual preferences.  I will stand up for LGBT interests so that all Atlasians may enjoy equal rights.

War & Conscription
I believe that war should be an absolute, last resort for any government.  While I believe the world community should work to promote liberty for all people, it is important that we do not achieve this by policing the world in any way.  I will only support military action if foreign enemies pose a clear, legitimate threat to Atlasia and the world itself.  I maintain that having a strong defense is important to protect the citizens.

However, under no circumstance will I support coercing people into joining our military, and I will support all efforts to withhold this option from our government.  Right now, I have been speaking strongly for a bill currently pending in the Senate that would do this.

Marijuana
I support the recreational use of marijuana in Atlasia.

---
In this campaign, I hope to earn your vote even if we don't see eye-to-eye on every issue or belong in the same political party.  If I am given the opportunity by you to serve, I will work with senators of all parties and ideologies where we can find common ground.

If you would like to know more about where I stand on other issues, you can find out by either asking me or checking out my legislative record.  On that note, I'd like to wish my opponent, Simfan34, a clean and honest race. Smiley

Campaign Song

Endorsements
Senator Napoleon
Senator Polnut
Northeast Rep. Cincinnatus
Former Senator Barnes
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »

Okay you win.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

Good luck Scott- I disagree with you strongly on your views but you are  a good guy and I respect you
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »

You've been a first class Representative and Speaker. I like Simfan but experience is such an important asset in this office (and Governor too!). I know from serving as your Senator since June. Endorsed my friend Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:16 PM »

I like your platform very, very much.  For what it's worth, you have my endorsement.  Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

Thank you very much, everyone. Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

Endorsed.  The People expect a kick-back for this.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »

Completely endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2012, 09:39:06 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Press Release

The 'Scott for Senate' campaign will be making campaign stops in the following locations over the next three days.

Wednesday
Hartford, CT
Providence, RI
Albany, NY
Nashua, NH
Burlington, VT

Thursday
Ellsworth, ME
Buffalo, NY
Boston, MA
Burlington, VT
New Rochelle, NY
New York City, NY

Friday
Paterson, NJ
Philadelphia, PA
Lancaster, PA
Trenton, NJ
Dover, DE

He hopes to see fellow Liberal Party candidates along the way for joint campaign stops.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »

No stop in WNY?  I'm protesting this tour..
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I'm a former Senator (in reference to the endorsement list).  I know, no one cares, but my named looked kind of lonely. Sad Grin
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »

Whoops.  Well, fortunately I was able to pencil in a campaign stop there. Cheesy

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I'm a former Senator (in reference to the endorsement list).  I know, no one cares, but my named looked kind of lonely. Sad Grin
Sorry, I didn't know that.  I will correct this. Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

Whoops.  Well, fortunately I was able to pencil in a campaign stop there. Cheesy

Wonderful!  Pizza and Buffalo wings for everyone!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »

I will be in NYC on Thursday.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »

...as will I Cheesy
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »

Excellent! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »

Campaign Announcement

Brief announcement.  If I am elected to the Atlasia Senate next Friday, one of my first orders of business will be to propose a Constitutional amendment that will read the following:

"The Senate shall make no law that applies to the citizens of Atlasia that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Regional officers; and, the Senate shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Regional officers that does not apply equally to the citizens of Atlasia."

The ongoing conscription debate (and Senator 20RP12's proposal to require Senators to serve in the military during draft time) helped inspire this proposal.  This amendment is necessary to ensure that our politicians and their families are not be entitled to any special privileges that are not enjoyed by their constituents, whether it be exemption from conscription (if such a thing is ever proposed) or any other law that self-serves government officials.

Let's keep government accountable!  Vote for Scott next Friday!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2012, 01:56:27 AM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Only a couple days away from the election, folks.  Soon, you will have the chance to elect a new bunch of leaders to the Atlasian government that will innovate our country for a better tomorrow!

As Speaker, I have demonstrated my ability to both lead and represent my constituents in the region.  And while I believe the current Assembly and administration have passed great pieces of legislation, it isn't perfect, but I am confident that you will elect the right people who can bring the necessary reforms.  After the elections, I want the discussion on game reform to continue at both a regional and federal level.  We must listen to all ideas that our constituents and politicians have in mind, and we encourage your input!

Most of you have a very clear idea of where I stand on the issues.  While I stand on a strong set of principles, I also believe that we must do what is necessary and practical to keep our nation growing strong.  We need to put forward the right policies that give all hardworking Atlasians, both white collar and blue collar, the incentives to be successful.  We need to empower local communities to develop their cities by investing in infrastructure.  In rural communities, we must prevent the continuous loss of jobs that we have seen for decades by responding to the needs of rural business owners and farmers.  Access to health services and electricity must be guaranteed to all Atlasians, no matter how remote their areas are.

Our tax code must be one that's simple, fair, and doesn't suppress job growth.  I support the progressiveness of our current tax code, but our Corporate Tax should always be competitive with other nations.  If our government maintains an agenda that makes us competitive and responds to the needs of workers at the same time, I know that Atlasia can become the number one place for anyone to either start or work in a business.  Trade laws have to be enforced, and we must not trade with countries that do not share our values on human and workers' rights.

We have some very competitive elections ahead, especially for the Senate seat and the presidency.  But I am confident that if you knock on doors, make phone calls, and do whatever else you can to get out the vote, we can win.  This Friday, vote for three loyal Northeasterners whose leadership has been tested; vote Napoleon for Northeast Governor, Scott for Northeast Senator, and Polnut for President of Atlasia!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »

Good luck Scott-
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:51 AM »

Thank you. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

Election Day is just hours away!  In my final press release before the election, I would like to remind the voters what this election is all about: character, activism, reform, and leadership.  When you cast your vote tomorrow, ask yourself who you believe can best represent the Northeast Region in the Senate, even if that candidate isn't the person you agree with all the time.

I am pleased to announce that we currently lead in two polls taken over the course of the campaign.  While the outlook of the election looks good, we can only win this race if you turn out to the polls!

Get out the vote, and keep up the fight!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »

I might give you a high preference if you're a fellow Fairfield Countier.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »

Election Day is just hours away!  In my final press release before the election, I would like to remind the voters what this election is all about: character, activism, reform, and leadership.  When you cast your vote tomorrow, ask yourself who you believe can best represent the Northeast Region in the Senate, even if that candidate isn't the person you agree with all the time.

I am pleased to announce that we currently lead in two polls taken over the course of the campaign.  While the outlook of the election looks good, we can only win this race if you turn out to the polls!

We are thrilled you have chosen to support the Andrews for co-presidents! We will not disappoint you in this new era!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »

I might give you a high preference if you're a fellow Fairfield Countier.

Good thing I am. Cheesy

We are thrilled you have chosen to support the Andrews for co-presidents! We will not disappoint you in this new era!

You will definitely be getting a high preference from me. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2012, 06:36:22 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

It appears that this election will be closer than expected.  However, the polls are still open and we are not even finished with the first day of voting.  I thank those who have already voted for me, and I am hopeful that supporters who have not yet voted will have the opportunity to.

To summarize what I have been campaigning on this election, I am promising to bring activity, honesty, experience, and progressive values to the Atlasian Senate!!  I have a record that I am proudly running on which is organized and clear so that all my stances on the issues are out there for the voters to consider when deciding who they'll vote for.  I will be both a pragmatic and principled legislator who will always put the interests of the region- both social, economic, and foreign- first and foremost.

There is still plenty of time to head out to the polls.  I appreciate every bit of support I get, and I assure those who have placed their confidence in me that they will not be disappointed. Smiley

Get Out The Vote!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies