Opinion of the fashion style of Mormon missionaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the fashion style of Mormon missionaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the fashion style of Mormon missionaries
Very Positive

Positive

Neutral

Negative

Very Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Opinion of the fashion style of Mormon missionaries  (Read 4093 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »

Very negative. Suit jackets are too big, their pants are baggy and could be hemmed better, their shoes look cheap, and their ties are ugly and not tied properly.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

Are they not allowed to wear overcoats in the winter or cotton/linen suits in the summer?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

I could not agree more with the above post.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »

Seriously why can't they dress normal? I had people proselytize to me in college before and except for the Mormons they were dressed normal and without ties. I've had people hand me pamphlets and talk about Jesus outside Christian hardcore shows before. Obviously no one unironically wears a tie to a Christian hardcore show. Why can't the Mormons dress in a way that would make people more likely to listen to them?

They are dressing normal BRTD (though very poorly in their attempts to do so). Normal men, in the western world at least, wear a suit and tie.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »

They are dressing normal BRTD (though very poorly in their attempts to do so). Normal men, in the western world at least, wear a suit and tie.

Seriously?  I think you're calling 'normal' a rather small segment of the population, lief.. perhaps just the upper-middle class, no?

Well, these days, yes. But that's an unfortunate modern development. Even at the height of the Great Depression, the destitute knew well enough to dress properly:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies