British General Election constituency maps 1955-2001 (New) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:08:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  British General Election constituency maps 1955-2001 (New) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: British General Election constituency maps 1955-2001 (New)  (Read 15648 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: February 07, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »

I have attempted creating a series of bitmaps to replace the Boothroyd template. I created a set of constituency maps from 1918 for Scotland which you’ll notice I now use, but never got further than a base county outline for England and Wales. Is it fun re-inventing the wheel? Yes. If I have the time I might get round to trying again.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:31:03 AM »

21 Tory seats in 1983 Sad

Also trying to make sense of the Ayrshire and Renfrewshire constituency boundaries.

Boothroyd's map squishes Scotland. The Ayrshire boundaries remained untoched right through to 2005 and broadly untouched in the 1st Holyrood Review. Likewise with Renfrewshire, though Greenock was a seat by itself. Greenock at that time took in Port Glasgow but not Gourock or Cloch. Renfrew West and Inverclyde was therefore as Tory friendly a seat as you could create. Notionally in 1979 it was just Labour. Some have disputed that but given Norman Buchan's personal vote a narrow Labour win could have been likely. It was won by the Tories in 1983 but fell to Labour, somewhat unexpectedly in 1987.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:55 AM »

but never got further than a base county outline for England and Wales.

I'm just ever so slightly curious. Do you still have it?

I think so actually; i'll need to dig it out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies