The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:40:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The CO, MN & MO Results Thread  (Read 38782 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2012, 11:22:39 PM by Politico »

Open primaries/caucuses are a joke. Why would you let Democrats participate in a Republican presidential primary/caucus, especially in a year when the Democratic incumbent is running unopposed? That does not even make sense.

I'm going to bed. When I wake up, Colorado will either be in the Romney column, or we're going to have to annihilate Santorum's campaign too. There is no way to stop Romney, and this is only helping Obama's chances...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 04:22:52 PM by Politico »

This is a serious question I'm asking Mitt's supporters.  Do you think a guy with this incompetent of a campaign, who seemingly miss these rather obvious points, can actually win an election barring it being a situation where anyone can win?

All it is going to take to beat Obama is NOT having a history of speaking about man-on-dog relations, colonizing the dark side of the moon, and bringing back the gold standard while allowing Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.

Neither sleeping with multiple mistresses nor sleeping with a fetus is going to be a huge winner with the 20% of the electorate who are going to decide whether or not Obama gets thrown out. The Santorum bit is a true tragedy, and I see nothing wrong with it because I cannot say what I would do in that situation. I might very well do the same thing he did. However, I am just reporting what the swing voters are going to think about it. The forecast: Not looking good. Still, Santorum is a huge improvement over the moral degeneracy of Newt Gingrich...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

This is a serious question I'm asking Mitt's supporters.  Do you think a guy with this incompetent of a campaign, who seemingly miss these rather obvious points, can actually win an election barring it being a situation where anyone can win?

Mitt Romney is a terrible candidate for a lot of reasons, and he probably won't win against Barack Obama. But no matter how much his detractors want to shout "ROMNEY CAN'T WIN," the fact doesn't change: The other two losers in the GOP race will get beat much, much worse.

Kudos. I disagree about him probably not winning against Barack Obama. In 2008? Absolutely. But Obama is toast, especially if what many think is going to happen in Europe happens in September or October.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So we get bonus points for a close loss?

Yeah, it's called winning back the Senate at best or at least holding onto the House. Do you really want to hand Obama a landslide victory, a Democratic Congress, and a massive so-called "mandate"? That's what happens if Santorum or Gingrich get the nod.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 11:44:33 PM by Politico »

What evidence do you have that Romney has coattails? From where I sit - the conservatives did better in '10 by expressing conservative principles. It would seem to me that Romney would depress turnout in the downballot races.

Independents and Democrats traditionally come out in stronger force for presidential elections compared to midterms. If we turn off independents by nominating Santorum, or especially Gingrich, we're in for huge downballot losses. All signs point towards Romney being the least likely to lose independents, and especially female voters. Females like Mitt's appearance, background, and overall presence. These females are going to decide which way things go this election. We are best off giving them what they want deep down inside: A good-looking, tall guy. Psychologists have looked into this. Romney is the best hope.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

What evidence do you have that Romney has coattails? From where I sit - the conservatives did better in '10 by expressing conservative principles. It would seem to me that Romney would depress turnout in the downballot races.

Independents and Democrats traditionally come out in stronger force for presidential elections compared to midterms. If we turn off independents by nominating Santorum, or especially Gingrich, we're in for huge downballot losses. All signs point towards Romney being the least likely to lose independents, and especially female voters. Females like Mitt's appearance, background, and overall presence. These females are going to decide which way things go this election. We are best off giving them what they want deep down inside: A good-looking, tall guy. Psychologists have looked into this. Romney is the best hope.

Oh, so you're not just a Romney hack - you're also a misogynistic prick. Good to know.

Are you denying that women, in general, are biologically hardwired to prefer tall, handsome men? Let's be objective here...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 05:13:09 PM by Politico »

It should be mentioned that Obama is also a tall, handsome man.

They're so ready to move on, you see.

Put another way, they need to "talk" with Obama.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 04:52:02 PM by Politico »

Oh, so you're not just a Romney hack - you're also a misogynistic prick. Good to know.

Are you denying that women, in general, are biologically hardwired to prefer tall, handsome men? Let's be objective here...

Since you are chatting up hormones in a psephological context,  just why did the diminutive and rather homely Dukakis carry the female vote while losing the male vote?

Simple: The alternative was George H.W. Bush. A wimp or a wimp. An old, rather homely guy or a younger, somewhat less homely guy. Age differences, and the eight years of Republican rule, probably eliminated H.W.'s height advantage.

In general, women chose Gore and Kerry because they were taller than Bush, and judged to be slightly more handsome. Same applies to Obama over McCain, but obviously a big advantage for Obama in the looks department.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

So, now it's all about which candidate have bigger penis, Politico?

Good thing that is not the case! Because, you know, I've heard about what happens "once you go black..."
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 04:58:03 PM by Politico »

BTW, to clarify: This is about the 20% of the women who could go either way. Obviously both sides have 40% of women locked up no matter the appearance/height of either side.

For some of you, it is a sad fact of life that looks matter, as does your height. But you cannot deny they make a difference in many situations.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »

Hey politico, I have a rather personal question for you. I hope you don't mind. Just what percentage of the content of your posts do you actually believe, as opposed to just having fun jiving, hoping that some at least won't get the joke? 

He believes in Mitt Romney.

I believe in an America that believes in America. That is the America that I believe America should believe in.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »

BTW, to clarify: This is about the 20% of the women who could go either way. Obviously both sides have 40% of women locked up no matter the appearance/height of either side.

I always saw it as Women being 50% Democrat, 40% Republican, 10% Swing and Men being 50% Republican, 40% Democrat, 10% Swing.  That makes sense considering the floor for both parties in the recent two decades has been 45%.

It's possible, but I like to think that's just how it generally ends up appearing. I suspect that both sides are always going to have about 40% of each gender no matter what. Then there's the potential of either side getting those 20% of each gender who are up for grabs. It just happens that the GOP usually wins the males and the Democrats usually win the females. But I do think it's possible to win both, and perhaps even to a large degree (e.g., a Gingrich/Obama match-up).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies