The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The CO, MN & MO Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The CO, MN & MO Results Thread  (Read 39203 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: February 07, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »

If Romney wins all three states tonight, will he clinch the republican nomination?

The only thing that could unclinch Romney is Santorum.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:15 PM »

Are insiders saying that Romney will still win Colorado?

Hard to say. He's underperforming in most counties compared to 08.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »

When Mitt Romney doesn't spend millions of dollars on a state, he loses in a landslide.

And his opposition hasn't been able to match. Obama will match him dollar for dollar with change in the general. This guy is toast.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »

He's saying all the right things but he's not being particularly articulate.

He sounds tired to me.

He has visited Colorado, Missouri, and Minnesota more than all of the other candidates combined.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »

Santorum won Adams with 41% to Romney's 31%. In 2008, Romney carried it with 61% of the vote.

Santorum may just sweep the board tonight.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »

Romney shot his load in Denver and suburbs and it wasn't enough.

Amazing night for Santorum. Romney may have a bit of a home state effect in Michigan but Santorum's brand of Conservatism is a strong match.

Just when you think this primary is done, something great happens.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »

Mitt's campaign has to be the most incompetent ever.

Doesn't anyone realize that pushing the message that the race is "over" might cause your supporters to think that the race is actually over and not show up? 

And given that a couple of caucus states are up, where the message to turn out is even more important than normal, isn't this just asking for trouble?

My point is - do Mitt's people think that all those who have been against him since 2007 are just going to simply give up because he pulled some of Giuliani and McCain's voters in FL, SC and NH?  Are they really that arrogant?

This is a serious question I'm asking Mitt's supporters.  Do you think a guy with this incompetent of a campaign, who seemingly miss these rather obvious points, can actually win an election barring it being a situation where anyone can win?

His campaign style reminds me of a certain platitude loving, vague, robotic, Governor of New York, circa 1948....
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »

Mitt's campaign has to be the most incompetent ever.

Doesn't anyone realize that pushing the message that the race is "over" might cause your supporters to think that the race is actually over and not show up? 

And given that a couple of caucus states are up, where the message to turn out is even more important than normal, isn't this just asking for trouble?

My point is - do Mitt's people think that all those who have been against him since 2007 are just going to simply give up because he pulled some of Giuliani and McCain's voters in FL, SC and NH?  Are they really that arrogant?

This is a serious question I'm asking Mitt's supporters.  Do you think a guy with this incompetent of a campaign, who seemingly miss these rather obvious points, can actually win an election barring it being a situation where anyone can win?

His campaign style reminds me of a certain platitude loving, vague, robotic, Governor of New York, circa 1948....

?

George Romney didn't run until 1968.

Thomas Dewey. The parallels between him and Romney are bountiful. Romney seems to have picked up his playbook.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies