t_host1 t_ranslation t_hread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  t_host1 t_ranslation t_hread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: t_host1 t_ranslation t_hread  (Read 2939 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »

If upheld, a counter measure I see developing. Like being required to be certified in the field of your expertise or licensed, bonded and insured in the various over the road, equipment use and legal type jobs, an individual seeking employment will be required prior to being employed, to be medically insured in order to fill their respective position. No different than some jobs requiring physicals or testing for substance abuse. 

If this court decision is upheld, I predict that a counter-measure will come to exist. In much the same way that holders of jobs relating to trucking, heavy equipment, and the law are required to be certified or licensed, bonded, and insured, job applicants will require health insurance to be hired. This would be no different from the requirements that some jobs have regarding physicals or drug testing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »

Are you sure he isn't trying to sell us insurance?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »

t_host1's  posts have become more readable since they began.  Some of his early posts defied translation.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »

Japan and the willing support of other nations can manage fission for all to benefit from but, a tsunami, the earthquake ro-bo-dope… attention all earthlings living within the shores of the sea, move NOW! Unless, you enjoy living and consuming energy doing all the things that one does --- is it worth the risk? ...absolutely, but,

there is a solution for electricity in abundance without fossil, fission/fusion, solar, wind or wave… think of, a mid-evil carnival ride and 100% employment... world wide.

Huh
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »

Yeah, we really need Xahar here.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »

aah...

things like, Obama assassinates the christian church without Seal Team 6?

i don't even know
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:19:28 AM »

aah...

i don't even know

wat
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »

t_host1's  posts have become more readable since they began.  Some of his early posts defied translation.

aah...

You were saying?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »

this forum has some colorful members, to say the least.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

There's still time for a late entry into the Republican primary field...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »

Japan and the willing support of other nations can manage fission for all to benefit from but, a tsunami, the earthquake ro-bo-dope… attention all earthlings living within the shores of the sea, move NOW! Unless, you enjoy living and consuming energy doing all the things that one does --- is it worth the risk? ...absolutely, but,

there is a solution for electricity in abundance without fossil, fission/fusion, solar, wind or wave… think of, a mid-evil carnival ride and 100% employment... world wide.

Huh

Let me try:

Japan and a lot of other countries can use nuclear power for the benefit of their people, sure, but look at what happened after the one-two punch of the earthquake and tsunami! Everyone who lives near the coastline, you better move or you might be in danger yourself!!* Is it worth the risk to keep using nuclear power, in spite of the dangers? Sure, I suppose. But I have a better idea to generate the electricity we need in order to maintain our standard of living, without relying on any of the conventional methods: imagine, if you will, a giant contraption resembling a Medieval carnival ride, where any number of humans can toil away to convert the mechanical energy from their bodies into electricity! By switching to this method of electricity generation we can have unlimited access to clean and affordable energy, and, as an added bonus, permanently eliminate unemployment worldwide**.

*: I'm uncertain if this remark is intended to be a hyperbolic jest directed at anti-nuclear fearmongers, or the expression of a genuine belief that the Earth's oceans are now irrevocably tainted by radiation in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster. My translation attempts to maintain neutrality regarding which of the two was t_host's intended point.

**: I think he's probably joking here but I'm honestly not sure?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »

There's still time for a late entry into the Republican primary field...

Quite possibly one of the greatest AF posts of all time.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »

For reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »

I believe he once admitted that he machine translates all his posts into another language and then machine translates them back to English.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »

I believe he once admitted that he machine translates all his posts into another language and then machine translates them back to English.

That would make sense.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

IIRC, that was someone else saying that his typing reminded them of doing so. Honestly, though, IMO his typing seems to be messed up in a totally different way than bad machine translation.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »

IIRC, that was someone else saying that his typing reminded them of doing so. Honestly, though, IMO his typing seems to be messed up in a totally different way than bad machine translation.

After all, what kind of machine translation would give you "the earthquake ro-bo-dope"?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »

Is this t_host guy a forum regular? lol
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 02:09:02 AM »

...the Obama tradition continues,

The Sovereign Survival Petition is once again delivered to the least preformed - life lived group of people on the planet - the Obama US Campaign Budget on a college campus.

jao

What does this mean?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »

The Sovereign Survival Petition is once again delivered to the least preformed - life lived group of people on the planet - the Obama US Campaign Budget on a college campus.

jao

What does this mean?

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »

Oddly enough, a thread that deals with the evolution and society, with Al pretty much here, I found myself agreeing. You can argue whether or not any particular question, or is not a scientific question. For example, I want to see "what is human nature?" As a scientific question, this forum was not until many others. Using science (or is not using science, or scientific use of the opposite), in response to philosophical questions, however, is essentially a tool to be used in any way debater wishes. In fact, my political views in the past by people who witnessed the fall much closer to this thread, for example, psychology is not to hate

Oh, rest assured, just think about all the arguments on the subject has been rehashed constantly at one point or another. I have a right to take the history of sexuality class (, dyed-in-the-job social constructivist who is whole, as a poor person granted), and it really helped me realize how utterly intractable constructivists, social and behavioral scientists, there is a break between.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »

jao

What does this mean?

You win the thread.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »

Oddly enough, a thread that deals with the evolution and society, with Al pretty much here, I found myself agreeing. You can argue whether or not any particular question, or is not a scientific question. For example, I want to see "what is human nature?" As a scientific question, this forum was not until many others. Using science (or is not using science, or scientific use of the opposite), in response to philosophical questions, however, is essentially a tool to be used in any way debater wishes. In fact, my political views in the past by people who witnessed the fall much closer to this thread, for example, psychology is not to hate

Oh, rest assured, just think about all the arguments on the subject has been rehashed constantly at one point or another. I have a right to take the history of sexuality class (, dyed-in-the-job social constructivist who is whole, as a poor person granted), and it really helped me realize how utterly intractable constructivists, social and behavioral scientists, there is a break between.

Curiosity, what language or languages​​, Why not use?

('Out of curiosity, what language or languages did you use?'->Japanese->Greek->Japanese->English)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »

Why would he do that in the first place?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 07:23:26 PM by Yelnoc »

Why would he do that in the first place?
It's not a "he", it's a program.  A guy I knew talked about making a bot like this, though I never thought he got past the conceptual stages, as far as I know.

EDIT:
The plan was to pull sections from a list of blogs, run them through Google Translate, and then post them on the target forum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies