Is Apple still looked at as a "socially responsible" company?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:58:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Apple still looked at as a "socially responsible" company?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Apple still looked at as a "socially responsible" company?
yes (apple fan boy)

no (apple fan boy)

yes (not apple fan boy)

no (not apple fan boy)

i don't care, I buy what the trends tell me to buy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Is Apple still looked at as a "socially responsible" company?  (Read 330 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:52:38 AM »

In light of the recent NYT article detailing how sh**tty Apple is when it comes to the working conditions at its factories inside the PRC and the backlash it has caused, have our Apple fanboys here changed any?  Of course Apple isn't the only company that sucks at this, but they are viewed as the "alternative" computer, we don't want Micro$oft, we want fruit and niceness.  Their target demographic cares a lot about social issues and hates big business.  Of course the profits they are making are HUGE and the margins on their most popular products are just as HUGE.  Dell and IBM wish they could have margins half as big.

So my question, Apple fans, do you still look at the company the same way?  Will you shop around next time you buy an MP3 player or a computer?

(and labor costs on a new iPod are only like $10, the margins are 10 times that...so even if it costs twice as much to manufacture under better conditions, it would only add $10 to the price, or god forbid, cut $10 off of the huge profit margins Apple builds into it's products)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 08:50:54 AM »

Don't really care (Apple Product Owner)

And no, some of us don't buy Apple because it's trendy, we buy Apple because it's better.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »

We should slap a tariff on Apple and force at least some of their operations back here (or push the Chinese to adopt better labor standards)

Then again, China is now outsourcing to Vietnam, Laos, etc. We should crack down on their policies as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies