Why is America so religious in the first place? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why is America so religious in the first place? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is America so religious in the first place?  (Read 5552 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »

interesting topic

but, I think Japan is off topic for comparison since it's not even a Christian nation.

as far as comparing the US to Europe...the bible says that godlessness will spread in the last days.  not sure if it matters that some areas of the Christian world are farther along in that process than others.  though perhaps the US is Mystery Babylon and will play a role in defending Israel in the run-up to the antiChrist being revealed.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »

We are on the verge of a revival that would make the First Great Awakening look like child's play.

i don't know anything about the "First Great Awakening", but I highly highly doubt we're on the verge of a revival.

---

The Jesus Culture Awakening conference last summer in Chicago (this summer in NYC and Los Angeles) are just small previews of what's coming.

who is this group and what do they believe?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:57:51 PM »

We are on the verge of a revival that would make the First Great Awakening look like child's play.

i don't know anything about the "First Great Awakening", but I highly highly doubt we're on the verge of a revival.

You should read up on it, jmfcst. I'm not saying that to be snide or something, I genuinely think it would interest you a lot.

ok, just browsed the Wiki article.  I’ve never been much interested in church history, aside from the letters of early church fathers such as Justin Martyr.  Not sure why I’m like that, but I’m not even interested enough to parse through the reasons of my own lack of desire to know.

Guess it’s because I don’t find relevance in it for me.  Even though I attended a Catholic church in my early years and went through communion, I didn’t come to Christ through a church, and I’ve been going to a inter-denominational church for the last 19 years.  I don’t like church politics.  Heck, I don’t even like work related politics – which is one of the reasons why I’m a contractor.

In fact, from the time my family stopped going regularly to church (probably when I was around 8 or 9), until the time I was saved in my apartment in Oct ’92, I probably went to church less than 10 times.

I don’t like to hear about “church”, per se.  But I do like coming together as a body of believers to worship Christ and hear the word.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies