Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:54:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16728 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:14:12 AM »

Could someone clarify this for me? So is Paul trying to use these delegates to get more delegates than he was allocated from the votes he got?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:09:54 AM »

Could someone clarify this for me? So is Paul trying to use these delegates to get more delegates than he was allocated from the votes he got?

He wasn't allocated any delegates in the Nevada "straw poll" that was held on caucus day.

Scratch that.  I'm not sure what I was thinking... Nevada's delegates ARE bound to the straw poll conducted on caucus day.

Then what is the point of them showing up at all these conventions if they can't change the delegate total for the candidates.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:13:29 PM »

This effort is only trying to get delegates allocated for Paul in the first round of voting right? It doesn't actually have a say in the men and women selected specifically from each state to go to the Convention does it?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »

This effort is only trying to get delegates allocated for Paul in the first round of voting right? It doesn't actually have a say in the men and women selected specifically from each state to go to the Convention does it?

Not at all. This is an effort to get bona fide Pautards to the RNC by any means possible, even if they have to be pledged to another candidate in the first round.

Why hasn't the RNC stopped this? Do they really want a bunch of Paulistas embarrassing them on the convention floor?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:47:05 AM »

I don't think "ninja delegates" are even obligated to vote for any candidate during the first round. They are pledged, but I imagine they can cast their vote for whoever they want. I.e. most delegates vote for the winning candidate at the convention in a show of party unity.

What if they make a commotion by wearing pro-Paul clothing, or shout, or do something silly like that? Is there a good chance the majority of delegates are going to be Paul affiliated chosen ones, because this is now starting to worry me if it distracts from the Convention's focus on Obama.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2012, 08:10:15 PM by redcommander »

How many delegates has Paul hijacked either with pledged supporters, or people who will vote on the first ballot for one of the other three, but will pledge to Paul if there's a second?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies