Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:04:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16722 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »

Yeah, his campaign has been running a very delegate heavy strategy. I wouldn't be surprised were he dominating these non-binding caucuses in terms of delegates (which is the main reason I haven't left the forum, since I suspect rather strongly that Paul beat Santorum in the delegate count).

Of course, that doesn't translate into a win by any means. If there isn't a brokered convention, he would need to "officially" win at least 4 states or so to actually be able to "win" (otherwise, he could hypothetically steal the nomination with those tricky fake-Romney delegates switching). That isn't too big of a stretch (the Dakotas, Montana, Washington, Maine are five, and all aren't a stretch to see him winning even if things aren't going great).

He looks to be angling for influence with Romney, though, possibly trying to control the VP/treasury/Fed chairman. Romney would probably bend over backwards on the issues that the base supports, and he knows well enough that he is a weak enough candidate to fail without Paul's supporters. I guess we'll see in this exciting season Cheesy
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »

What's a Bacontard? Someone who fanatically supports bacon?

If so, sign me up immediately.
Aye, in fact, I think I will change my profile stuff in support.

I think a bacontard platform could sweep this presidential election.  Who doesn't like bacon? 

The Jews that control the media
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »

Could the Credentials Comitte deny seating those Paulites if they say they're going to vote Paul on 1st ballot, even if they're bound to someone else? If yes, the GOP is safe.

To my understanding, they could vote Romney/Santorum/what have you on the first ballot then switch to Paul on the second if they think he'll win. Alternatively, the Romney!Paul delegates could simply abstain (I think that's allowed) while the other ninjas vote to prevent Romney from winning the required delegates, and then switch to Paul in round 2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies