Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:15:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16720 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 08, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »

In addition, even delegates that are binding can change their mind at the GOP convention if it goes beyond the first vote.  There have been stories of Ron Paul supporters undercover as supporters of other candidates so that if the convention becomes deadlocked, they'll be able to vote for Paul. 
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

Forum Paultards: have any of you seen any actual Iowa precinct reports regarding county delegate selection? I've seen Paul campaign stuff saying they have the delegates to control the caucuses of "all the small counties" as well as some people claiming "statewide, 70% of county delegates are Paul supporters," but I haven't found any concrete or even anecdotal evidence to support these assertions.     

Bacontard: All you can get is hearsay from people that have been to these caucuses.  I'm optimistic, but it's a what and see for the upcoming county/state level conventions - however they do it in Iowa (I'm thinking Minnesota, since I've been in that process.)

What's a Bacontard? Someone who fanatically supports bacon?

If so, sign me up immediately.
Aye, in fact, I think I will change my profile stuff in support.
FF
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »

It looks like Santorum may have the most to loose if Paul's ninja delegates pull through for him.  So far, they'd impact, Iowa, Minnesotta, and Colorada, all states Santorum won.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »

The primary process is already a joke, I don't hate Paulites for exploiting this fact (I find it entertaining).  Maybe this will be a lesson to the GOP to get their act in order.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »

Even if crazy Paul antics could cause issues at the convention, no other candidate is going to try to depend on it; if Romney has the pledges (by whatever definition) of 1144 delegates in June, Santorum will drop out and endorse him.
I could imagine the establishment might try to take advantage of Paulite mischeif by promoting a compromise candidate.  The establishment doesn't like Romney, they merely tolerate him because all of the other options are worse.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies