Maine results thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:30:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Maine results thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine results thread.  (Read 40389 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 11, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »

Where is the Paulite twitter link you guys are plumbing?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »

Where is the Paulite twitter link you guys are plumbing?

It's probably just some dude on Twitter.  The hashtag is #mecaucus.  I'm not seeing the tweet in question, though.

Thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »

So are the results just going to come all at once in one big dump? Pretty anti-climactic but I guess preferable to the Nevada mess.

Everything except Washington County will come in at once, where the caucuses were pushed back a week due to snow. If it's close, we might not know the winner until next week.

And somehow I have this instinct that Washington County is Mittens country. It's bucolic, incredibly scenic, probably relatively high income, and well salted with old line Yankees. But it's a caucus so ...

And it's a week later, so the game may be a bit different by then to boot.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »

So are the results just going to come all at once in one big dump? Pretty anti-climactic but I guess preferable to the Nevada mess.

Everything except Washington County will come in at once, where the caucuses were pushed back a week due to snow. If it's close, we might not know the winner until next week.

And somehow I have this instinct that Washington County is Mittens country. It's bucolic, incredibly scenic, probably relatively high income, and well salted with old line Yankees. But it's a caucus so ...

McCain won there last time. It was his only county win in Maine. Romney didn't do too well, but Paul did really poorly.

Yes, but now Mittens is the "moderate" candidate remember, while he wasn't against McCain. So to a fair degree now McCain = Mittens.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2012, 05:49:42 PM by Torie »

I don't really understand the Romney-hatred.

I think it's pretty clear that people's objections to Romney aren't political so much as personal.

It is rather intimidating, because just whom can be as perfect as Romney? Most of us are dissipated sinners who have failed miserably in life by comparison. So we have this sense that Mittens does not respect us, given all of our innumerable character flaws. Mittens may be God, but we suspect somehow that he does not love us. And the thought of a God who does not love us, is really a rather frightening specter, isn't it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »

I don't really understand the Romney-hatred.

I think it's pretty clear that people's objections to Romney aren't political so much as personal.

It is rather intimidating, because just whom can be as perfect as Romney? Most of us are dissipated sinners who have failed miserably in life by comparison. So we have this sense that Mittens does not respect us, given all of our innumerable character flaws. Mittens may be God, but we suspect somehow that he does not love us. And the thought of a God who does not love us, is really a rather frightening specter, isn't it?

Looks like Politico has learned how to hack, guys

Politico does not have my sense of poetry in prose I don't think. Tongue  And the above text has a certain subtlety.  Did you miss that?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »

Mittens 39%
Paul 36%
Santorum 18%
Newt 6%
Others 6%
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What on Earth is this all about?  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »

It's close enough that Ron Paul still has a chance at actually winning it, though.

Really?  How much is left?  If it's just a few scattered caucuses, Paul is screwed.  If this is some sort of weird "optional, some caucus sites do it" kinda thing, I guess Paul's still in it if he gets lucky.

I assume it's the former, though, since Intrade just went to like 99.9% Romney.

Paul may not be "screwed" in the metaphysical sense. As noted in that other thread I started, he may be doing the lord's work for the "perfect" one.  Smiley  It is kind of interesting how the personalities play off one another. I mean, Newt is really closest to Mittens in some ways on the issues (kind of frightening, but I said "kind of" rather than "replicates"), yet Newt and Mittens seem to loathe one another. And Mittens agrees with Paul on next to nothing, yet they seem to like and respect one another. Go figure. Meanwhile Perry hated Mittens I think mostly because he was jealous of his IQ. At least Newt had the grace not to point out just how low Perry's was.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

This poor bastard. Let this guy win something!

Well Alaska and LDS-lite Wyoming are out there. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2012, 06:52:03 PM by Torie »

This blows. My brokered convention dreams are being snuffed out again.

Romney's just going to flatten Santorum with ads in Michigan and that's that. F**k!

Paul will probably have a majority of delegates at the state convention.

Sure if Rick throws his votes to Paul.  Newt doesn't have any votes to speak of.  Tongue  Mittens is not going to allow his votes to be stolen by having Paulites go to the convention that are part of his quota. His operatives are on the ground in Maine.

Of more import, is that the destruction of Newt is moving rather fast now, with his twin anemic showings at CPAC and Maine today. So the odds continue to go up, that Rick will get his rather clean shot at Mittens, muddied only by Paulites, who Mittens needs now more than ever, since I don't think many of them would gravitate to Mittens if Paul exits.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

I wonder how many Paul votes will be found deep in the Adirondacks two years from now.

Wrong mountain range, in the wrong state. Actually, the mountains where the stolen Paul votes are, are rather prosaically called the "Northern Appalachians."  And yes, Alcon the votes were stolen, and I have marked their location, in case Twilight Sparkle wants to put on his knapsack, and his snowshoes, and his scuba gear (since they are at the bottom of a lake), and hike over there to retrieve them.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:27:29 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2012, 12:35:06 AM by Torie »

All this fuss over the opinion of 6,000 people - about 3-4 precincts in the real world. Amazing. The Atlas Forum could have just all moved to Maine, and swung the damn thing to Paul (after getting the Torie Mittbot types too stoned or smashed or both to get out of bed). Well, I already have posted my opinion of caucuses, but I guess I should say it again - they suck!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:08 AM »

What do the grey and the brown represent on the map?  Surely Newt didn't win anything (or did he?), so we have 4 colors but only 3 potential winners.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies