Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 11:40:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Cannabis '14: The WA & CO Memorial Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Cannabis '14: The WA & CO Memorial Thread  (Read 25156 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:37 am »
Ignore

That Colorado poll only has 50% saying yes though. I remember how the polls were showing California would legalize Marijuana a month before the election, and then it all fell apart.
MagneticFree
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »
Ignore

I will be voting for amendment 64 in CO to legalize marijuana.  Hopefully CO will be the first state to make it legal.  That would be great.

Paul/Cruz 2016!
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »
Ignore

This is a cross-post from a few days back, but SurveyUSA's poll from about 10 days ago has I-502 leading 57%-33%.

n/c
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:45 pm »
Ignore

That Colorado poll only has 50% saying yes though. I remember how the polls were showing California would legalize Marijuana a month before the election, and then it all fell apart.

Yeah but don't you think the California initiative would have done better had it been in 2012 instead of 2010 (higher total turnout, proportionally more younger people voting, etc)?

Based on the polling and shifts against in the end, I'd guess Colorado is a tossup while Washington is lean pass and Oregon is likely fail.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:53 pm »
Ignore

Yeah but don't you think the California initiative would have done better had it been in 2012 instead of 2010 (higher total turnout, proportionally more younger people voting, etc)?

Based on the polling and shifts against in the end, I'd guess Colorado is a tossup while Washington is lean pass and Oregon is likely fail.

Yeah, but it would have failed this year as well. I think Washington might pass it, but I would very surprised if Colorado passes it.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 07:41:04 pm »
Ignore

Here is a polling update.

Looks like legalization is in a decent position in Washington and a slightly more precarious position in Colorado.

(ready4barry)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 02:47:12 am »
Ignore

Washington could pass it but Colorado is highly unlikely. Even in Washington I would guess there is about a 40% chance of it being defeated.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 02:46:31 pm »
Ignore

Man, good for Washington. Gay marriage and legalization will make the state a haven for creatives and modernist tech workers. I'm looking forward to having my big gay stoner wedding there!

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »
Ignore

Man, good for Washington. Gay marriage and legalization will make the state a haven for creatives and modernist tech workers. I'm looking forward to having my big gay stoner wedding there!

Congrats Mr. Moderate!  Cheesy
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »
Ignore

I voted against marijuana legalization, and I quite hope it fails. However, seeing the Feds crack down on those who think it's ok to smoke marijuana might be amusing too.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:16 pm »
Ignore

I voted against marijuana legalization, and I quite hope it fails. However, seeing the Feds crack down on those who think it's ok to smoke marijuana might be amusing too.

You are a sad human being who needs help. I hope there's a hell for paternalistic dicks.

edit: I'm not referring to realisticidealist but to paternalistic dicks. You're free to consider him one though!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:20:17 pm by TheDeadFlagBlues »Logged

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »
Ignore

Why? I can't think of any rational argument.
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
Ignore

Not in Romney's America.

Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
Ignore

Why are you hoping it fails? 

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »
Ignore

Government knows what's good for you.

The fact that some people actually get a kick out of seeing the state exercise its unrestrained authority against people for owning a plant is sad, but interesting.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:00 am »
Ignore

People who are so staunchly anti-marijuana should try smoking it sometime. You might be surprised to learn that isn't a big scary monster so much as it is an "alcohol alternative."

Some of us are trying to watch our carbs.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:43 am »
Ignore

Some of us are trying to watch our carbs.

but munchies Sad

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »
Ignore

Why should I hope it passes? I have no desire to start legalizing marijuana. I'd rather we banned alcohol and tobacco than continue with this discourse of legalization and laissez-faire morality. I do not wish the government to socially legitimize marijuana and the culture that surrounds it. I find it amusing when people so brazenly break the law and refuse to conceive of the inescapable nature of the consequences that follow--regardless of the supposed righteousness claimed by the transgressors.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »
Ignore

Why should I hope it passes? I have no desire to start legalizing marijuana. I'd rather we banned alcohol and tobacco than continue with this discourse of legalization and laissez-faire morality. I do not wish the government to socially legitimize marijuana and the culture that surrounds it. I find it amusing when people so brazenly break the law and refuse to conceive of the inescapable nature of the consequences that follow--regardless of the supposed righteousness claimed by the transgressors.

Sounds an awful lot like the idiot conservatives that go on about the "homosexual lifestyle". Surely you understand that marijuana usage causes no harm to others...and little to no harm to the user? Don't see why an otherwise compassionate person like you wants to ruin so many lives for something so trivial.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »
Ignore

How could you possibly find it amusing that people's lives a ruined daily because of the governments war on a harmless plant? Being around Houston I can say the victims of the war are disproportionately minorities, many of whom are doing nothing else wrong. Working with NORML I have also seen many people who have legitimate illnesses and the medicine they are prescribed is worse than the illness itself. One such fellow in north Houston chose to self medicate becuase while it may not have cured his spinal issue it at least took the pain away and didn't have the wicked side effects the prescription crap. He was busted and is now facing 25 to life and with his health problems will more than likely die in prison. I see nothing amusing about it.

It's ridiculous that it is somehow ok to take Oxycodone for pain, but not Marijuana. Especially considering that the chance of overdosing goes way up for strong opiates such as Oxycodone. On the other hand, it is virtually impossible to overdose on Marijuana. And of course opiates are much more addictive than Marijuana.

Even leaving aside pain pills, let us look at one of the primary reasons people choose to use Medical Marijuana in states like California, anxiety. There is a tremendous amount of legal benzodiazepine use in America for anxiety. Why shouldn't people be allowed to use Marijuana extract capsules for that very same indication?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:02:06 pm by Senator Sbane »Logged
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »
Ignore

If it passes there will be legal Marijuana and no state income tax. Very attractive place to live....

In any case, some of you are way too optimistic. There are a lot of Realisticidealist types out there. Especially women who stay undecided till the end and then overwhelmingly vote no. 
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:55 pm »
Ignore

Good news! PPP finds the amendment leading in Colorado, 53-43: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_CO_1025.pdf

(ready4barry)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23:12 pm »
Ignore

That "5" before that "3" is a biiiiiiig deal.

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:07 pm »
Ignore

I would imagine that the federal government has storm troopers on the ready. They're still arresting people connected with medical marijuana here in CA.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2012, 12:23:04 am »
Ignore

I would imagine that the federal government has storm troopers on the ready. They're still arresting people connected with medical marijuana here in CA.
And heavy heavy shame on Obama for it. He utterly failed this movement and they shouldn't forget that.

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout