'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:53:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 'Mohammed' enters top 20 boys names list in England and Wales  (Read 7401 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2005, 02:22:30 PM »

There's lots of Muslims here and I get along with them pretty fine, BUT I do have qualms with them elsewhere.

The weekend of Christmas I was visiting my relatives with my family (my family lives really far away so I don't go home that often, I usually only see them when they visit other relatives since I live much closer to most of them) and the last day there was a bit of a reunion in my aunt's church's basement that she rented out. This aunt is the one I mentioned that lives in Minneapolis and works at the University of Minnesota. Well when I got there I noticed graffitti on the entrence to the church, although I had no clue what it was saying.

I asked her about that when I got inside and she said she had never noticed it before. Well she said she had never seen it before and asked one of the ministers when he came around. And he said that came up only a couple days ago and they submitted a police report, and it was likely caused by the fact the nearby apartment complexes house a lot of Somalian Muslims, and there have been reported incidents of Muslim gangs attacking Christian targets in this way before. So yeah, I am annoyed.

But I have never heard of that happening down here, in fact almost all the graffiti and vandalism I see is either anti-Bush or pro-Christian. Etched on the walls around here especially bathroom stalls you usually see something like "BUSH IS A TERRORIST" and the citing of some Bible verse. Some have even combined the two ("God is in control, Bush is not; Trust God, not GOP")
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2005, 04:31:16 PM »

I would never be disturbed over a large number of Muslims.  The only part of that story that disturbs me is why so many people want to give their kids the most popular names.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2005, 04:45:01 PM »

I would never be disturbed over a large number of Muslims.  The only part of that story that disturbs me is why so many people want to give their kids the most popular names.

You realize what happens when any extremist religious group - by that I mean any group of religious who take their relgion seriously - becomes the majority in a country?  Look at Saudi Arabia, Iran, the US.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2005, 05:34:33 PM »

Islam should be criminalized.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2005, 10:00:06 PM »

I lived with Muslims in my student days and found them to be the warmest, kindest people I could hope to meet - In other words, it would be wrong to tar everyone with the same brush. Besides, homophobia is not quintessentially a Muslim problem. Look at the Christian right.
They don't have public executions of homosexuals.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You know, I don't want to integrate with them.  They can integrate with me and become like me.  I really have no desire to see women being unable to drive and homosexuals stoned to death.  Sorry.

Richius: "P*ki" is equivilent to "N*gger". Don't use it please.
*shrug* Not over here.  I don't use it as a racial slur, so don't read it as one.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »

A supportive view of the BNP! No chance! What I have said before is that I can understand why people would be driven to support them in urban areas. People do feel threatened by Muslims and to label them all as racists and bigots is plain wrong and grossly incorrect. I also know Muslims who are very nice to me and are also angry at their own community. But I know others who once were friends but who shunned me because I was a victim of 'western decadence' These are educated urbane people who withdraw into a shell that only involves people with like thoughts. And to even suggest some future 'holocaust' against Muslims is absurd.

I know several dozen Muslims and have never felt threatend by them.  Why do you bunch every Muslim in with the extremists.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2005, 07:21:29 AM »

But I don't! Reread what I have written and you will see. I said I am friends with many Muslims who are angry at their OWN community for the problems I have mentioned!
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2005, 01:25:54 PM by Michael Z »

I lived with Muslims in my student days and found them to be the warmest, kindest people I could hope to meet - In other words, it would be wrong to tar everyone with the same brush. Besides, homophobia is not quintessentially a Muslim problem. Look at the Christian right.
They don't have public executions of homosexuals.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You know, I don't want to integrate with them.  They can integrate with me and become like me.  I really have no desire to see women being unable to drive and homosexuals stoned to death.  Sorry.

You appear to be suffering from Carlhaydenitis in that you willingly twist other people's words or nitpick in order to further your own hate-filled agenda, so I'll try not to find myself dragged into a lengthy debate with you. However, your fleeting generalising stereotype of an entire ethnic/religious group of people is somewhat unsettling. But then you've already established yourself as something of a racist c**nt, so I'll happily ignore any of your future posts since your opinion is utterly unworthy of my time or consideration.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies