Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 10:13:15 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  It happened again!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: It happened again!  (Read 2227 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 04:00:17 am »
Ignore

infraction points have no meaning.  there should be some sort of objective scale that is on some level conformed to.  one man's 2 is another's 6.

Isn't that just a reflection of all of life, none of us ever truly able to communicate our experiences to others? And thus the infraction system, in its absurdity, becomes a beautifully defiant strike against the emptiness of the universe.

I have to write three pages on the last two parts of The Plague by tomorrow. Care to help me out?

Good catch there. Wink I must admit I haven't read The Plague yet, so I wouldn't be of much help. I'm pretty good at writing pretentious bull though.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »
Ignore

What you actually posted was an image that implied that domestic violence is hilarious. The inherent ironic brilliance of the image was not, I think it is fair to say, immediately apparent.

Oh, where is that picture?  I want to see it.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »
Ignore

I infract Mechaman's swearing at 10 points, simply because it's the only thing that gets him to stop.

This seems like a textbook case of how infraction points should not be used.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 07:06:40 pm »
Ignore

I infract Mechaman's swearing at 10 points, simply because it's the only thing that gets him to stop.

Possibly.

But, in Ink's defense, my common sense catches up to me when I realize that if I say anything that requires me to insert an invisible italics in between the u and the c I'll be muted.

I mean granted, that isn't the only way to make me stop (if mods knew the real reason why I undertook such a stance/platform to begin with, they would've proceeded with different actions), but it is somewhat effective.

Well, it's somewhat effective for the next three months or so........
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:08:54 pm by MechaRepublican »Logged

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »
Ignore

Wow, Badg was testy that day.

Wasn't me. Though odds are I was testy that day over something. Wink

Good point.  You would have demanded the death penalty Smiley

Nonsense! 20 to life would've been just fine. Grin

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:18 am »
Ignore

I'm donating these to Nathan:

Grumpy Santa's helpers.   Cheesy

ōcēlōxōchitl
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:48 am »
Ignore

Why Nathan?

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:53 am »
Ignore

Why Nathan?

I meant INKS........Just friendly harassment of our Dear Captain Profanity Smiley

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »
Ignore

Why Nathan?

I meant INKS........Just friendly harassment of our Dear Captain Profanity Smiley

Gramps... I hear you're supposed to take those pills with food.  Hard to do that without any Jimmy John's! Wink
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:55 pm »
Ignore

Gramps... I hear you're supposed to take those pills with food.  Hard to do that without any Jimmy John's! Wink

Ha ha, you'll die of starvation before I bring it Tongue

Link
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 05:00:28 pm »
Ignore

What you actually posted was an image that implied that domestic violence is hilarious. The inherent ironic brilliance of the image was not, I think it is fair to say, immediately apparent.

Yes but the post that followed immediately after should have been a clue to the mod.

So what do you lot think about feminism? Will anyone openly agree with Santorum (or his wife) that feminism is bad and women ought to stay at home, care for the children, and be proud of it, or does that issue actually put Santorum as being too much of a throwback, even for Republicans?

I agree with a previous poster.  That is kind of broad question.  What I find particularly offensive is most people don't have the economic freedom to even make that decision.  It's all hands on deck just to scrape out a meager existence.  Santorum's pompus ass needs to go [censored] himself.

Truly the words of someone who advocates and is entertained by domestic violence.

Anyway even after I appealed the infraction and pointed out the two posts that were next to each other I received no reply from the mod up until this point in time.  No explanation. No discussion.  I can understand someone being emotional and having a knee jerk reaction but if someone explains themselves and their post was obviously misinterpreted they should acknowledge the situation and make some effort to make amends.  Neither thing to this point has happened.  You all are left to decide what you make of that.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:02:14 pm by Link »Logged

Insane quote of the year-

"Every aspect of life in America is worse than when he [Obama] took over" -Marco Rubio
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »
Ignore

Link,

I’m not sure what happened to the last thread you created an hour ago complaining about another 10 point infraction…but you need to tread lightly, for although I would enjoy having my Ignore List wiped clean by your preceding execution, the gods do NOT favor you, which might cause the Moderators to get carried away and subsequently and accidentally shoot an innocent bystander like myself.

In other words: settle down before you get us both carted out in body bags.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »
Ignore

Link,

I’m not sure what happened to the last thread you created an hour ago complaining about another 10 point infraction…but you need to tread lightly, for although I would enjoy having my Ignore List wiped clean by your preceding execution, the gods do NOT favor you, which might cause the Moderators to get carried away and subsequently and accidentally shoot an innocent bystander like myself.

In other words: settle down before you get us both carted out in body bags.

If you get banned, it's because you've deserved it, even after numerous chances.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
Ignore

If you get banned, it's because you've deserved it, even after numerous chances.

Hey, hey, hey...aren't you violating the truce, or has your messenger not retuned yet?!

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 07:32:01 pm »
Ignore

Inks, I have forwarded you the return message I sent by way of your emissary.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:35:23 pm by consigliere jmfcst »Logged

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »
Ignore

Inks, I have forwarded you the return message I sent by way of your emissary.

It's good to hear.  I just hope you stick to your promise.  Like I've said numerous times - I really do want you to stay on the forum.  I like having you here.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »
Ignore

It's good to hear.  I just hope you stick to your promise.  Like I've said numerous times - I really do want you to stay on the forum.  I like having you here.

Then perhaps you should reread my response, Inks....I have given neither you nor your emissary any promises to keep.  In my judgment, the truce was simply the best alternative…for both sides.  

Now depart from me and don't hassle it...  

Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout