CPAC to feature white supremacist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:41:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC to feature white supremacist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CPAC to feature white supremacist  (Read 3155 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[...]

Here are some more details on Brimelow’s vicious racial hatred, from Right Wing Watch:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

WTF lol
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »

When I clicked this thread, I honestly thought we'd be discussing Gingrich.

Oh well.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »

I actually thought this was about Ron Paul.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »

-______-

Some Libertarian you are -____-
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 06:46:06 PM by Fuzzy »

So much for the "OMG the Republican Party isn't insensitive, it's just that Democrats have brainwashed people of color!" argument.  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »

Remember that poll I put up, right?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

From what little I've seen of VDare (links Straha sends me mostly), they seem to be economically-illiterate nativists in the extreme with a good helping of thinly-veiled racism towards Mexicans, but they're hardly "white supremacists" in the KKK/neo-Nazi sense of the term.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »

-______-

Some Libertarian you are -____-
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148289.0
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2012, 06:49:39 PM by the brute choir »

Even outside the Teabaggers this isn't anything new from the "mainstream" right. Hannity used to have a close working relationship with Hal Turner, for example. And all sorts of respectable conservatives and libertarians have been on Political Cesspool.

On another note: I will say that as racist as Brimelow is, at least he's never said that we should shove grenades up arab babies asses like Michael Reagan. Or called for murdering Palestinian "monkeys" like Imus. Or any of the other hideous anti-Arab things neocons do on a daily basis. Seems like CPAC would be full of shameless racists even if he wasn't invited...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148289.msg3182190#msg3182190
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »

Oh dear. Vdare is quite the snake pit. I had that outfit brought to my attention far too often at the Free Republic site way back when.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »

Why are so many conservative posters, who were foaming at the mouth over Obama's Catholic hospital decision, suddenly silent over this bs?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »

Why are so many conservative posters, who were foaming at the mouth over Obama's Catholic hospital decision, suddenly silent over this bs?

I wanna know this too.

But on the other side of the coin, if some liberal group hosted an event and had a Black Panther spewing anti-whitey stuff, the Neocons would be all over that.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »

I wanna know this too.

But on the other side of the coin, if some liberal group hosted an event and had a Black Panther spewing anti-whitey stuff, the Neocons would be all over that.

I've been silent about this because inviting someone crazy as a speaker is rather different than the POTUS enacting a policy targeting my church. Naturally I'll be pretty pissed off. If the Democrats invited a Black Panther to something I probably wouldn't have bothered commenting on that either. Of course this is a really stupid thing to do. Inexcusable really, something the Repulicans need to stop doing. But it's hard to get worked up over some random dude giving a speech. To be honest I don't really care who gets to talk. I can't imagine he'll have anything too terribly useful to say.
Jacobtm

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »

Except the anti-whitey stuff is just an oppressed group speaking out against their oppressor.

Why should the people we brought as slaves and only really started let voting in the 1960's not hate whitey?
Link
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »

I wanna know this too.

This.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »

Except the anti-whitey stuff is just an oppressed group speaking out against their oppressor.

Why should the people we brought as slaves and only really started let voting in the 1960's not hate whitey?

^^^
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »

^^^

And whites shouldn't fear retaliation.. why then? Lame apologism and double standards is where all the "anti racist = anti white" memes come from.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »

^^^

And whites shouldn't fear retaliation.. why then? Lame apologism and double standards is where all the "anti racist = anti white" memes come from.

The double standard idea is a red herring, IMO. I mean, uh, okay, it is a double standard, but there's a reason why.

If we lived in an ideal world where there was no history of opression and racism directed at one group from another, more powerful, group, then obviously anti-white racism would be as "bad" (for want of a better word) as anti-black racism. I mean, "anti-whitey" stuff, as Jake put it, is a fairly understandable reaction to hundreds of years of having your civil rights trampled on because of the colour of your skin, if not a laudable one.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2012, 01:55:29 PM by the brute choir »

^^^

The double standard idea is a red herring, IMO. I mean, uh, okay, it is a double standard, but there's a reason why.

If we lived in an ideal world where there was no history of opression and racism directed at one group from another, more powerful, group, then obviously anti-white racism would be as "bad" (for want of a better word) as anti-black racism. I mean, "anti-whitey" stuff, as Jake put it, is a fairly understandable reaction to hundreds of years of having your civil rights trampled on because of the colour of your skin, if not a laudable one.

All the "understanding" in the world won't help you during say, another LA or London-style riot if you're white. So no, it is as bad for society as white racism. Plus non-hispanic whites are rapidly declining as a percentage of population. They're already minorities in a lot of areas, obviously. Do you think you're going to assuage their fears about the implications of that by saying black/hispanic racism isn't that bad or that "only white people can be racist?"
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

^^^

Laudable? What purpose does it serve? It feeds white racism and contributes to making real social and civic integration impossible where it exists.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 02:58:15 PM »

^^^

All the "understanding" in the world won't help you during say, another LA or London-style riot if you're white. So no, it is as bad for society as white racism. Plus non-hispanic whites are rapidly declining as a percentage of population. They're already minorities in a lot of areas, obviously. Do you think you're going to assuage their fears about the implications of that by saying black/hispanic racism isn't that bad or that "only white people can be racist?"

Most of the London rioters I saw were white. I guess that doesn't matter to the racist brain.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »

Ah, the "you're racist" card. FYI, I'm not a straight christian WASP. A lot of my outlook if anything, is very influenced by having seen what the FARC and far-right paramilitaries did to my mom's country (as well as the war on drugs etc. etc.). Of course if you had bothered to read my first reply to this thread you'd see that I'm not exactly thrilled by what I hear coming out of the mouths of even a lot of "respectable" conservatives about say, Palestinians or Iraqis.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »

Ah, the "you're racist" card. FYI, I'm not a straight christian WASP. A lot of my outlook if anything, is very influenced by having seen what the FARC and far-right paramilitaries did to my mom's country (as well as the war on drugs etc. etc.). Of course if you had bothered to read my first reply to this thread you'd see that I'm not exactly thrilled by what I hear coming out of the mouths of even a lot of "respectable" conservatives about say, Palestinians or Iraqis.

I don' t know if you are racist. I just don't get why you take their side so much. It was apparent the London riots became much bigger than some race riot if you were paying attention. It may have started in a black area, but it didn't stay there. And many of the victims were people of color. Asian owned businesses were heavily affected. So you know what, I will get offended if you try to make it into a silly whites vs the brownies/blackies.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies