CPAC to feature white supremacist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC to feature white supremacist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CPAC to feature white supremacist  (Read 3156 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »

Look at the sh*tstorm I started!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 11:13:41 PM »

Ahem
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »

In response to your post, of course Tongue
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »

Wink
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 01:45:22 AM »

Ah, the "you're racist" card. FYI, I'm not a straight christian WASP. A lot of my outlook if anything, is very influenced by having seen what the FARC and far-right paramilitaries did to my mom's country (as well as the war on drugs etc. etc.). Of course if you had bothered to read my first reply to this thread you'd see that I'm not exactly thrilled by what I hear coming out of the mouths of even a lot of "respectable" conservatives about say, Palestinians or Iraqis.

I don' t know if you are racist. I just don't get why you take their side so much. It was apparent the London riots became much bigger than some race riot if you were paying attention. It may have started in a black area, but it didn't stay there. And many of the victims were people of color. Asian owned businesses were heavily affected. So you know what, I will get offended if you try to make it into a silly whites vs the brownies/blackies.
Well Asian owned businesses were targeted in the LA riots too.  Not that what your saying  about the London riots is wrong though.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »

Ah, the "you're racist" card. FYI, I'm not a straight christian WASP. A lot of my outlook if anything, is very influenced by having seen what the FARC and far-right paramilitaries did to my mom's country (as well as the war on drugs etc. etc.). Of course if you had bothered to read my first reply to this thread you'd see that I'm not exactly thrilled by what I hear coming out of the mouths of even a lot of "respectable" conservatives about say, Palestinians or Iraqis.

I don' t know if you are racist. I just don't get why you take their side so much. It was apparent the London riots became much bigger than some race riot if you were paying attention. It may have started in a black area, but it didn't stay there. And many of the victims were people of color. Asian owned businesses were heavily affected. So you know what, I will get offended if you try to make it into a silly whites vs the brownies/blackies.
Well Asian owned businesses were targeted in the LA riots too.  Not that what your saying  about the London riots is wrong though.
So were black owned businesses. I'm not saying it was wholly race related (as if riots are more than excuses for free loot for 90%), but clearly a huge factor.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 01:50:15 AM »

Well Asian owned businesses were targeted in the LA riots too.  Not that what your saying  about the London riots is wrong though.

Yes, but there was a racial component to those attacks, just like the riots in general. Koreans and Blacks didn't get along so well back then. In London Asian owned businesses weren't targeted in particular.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »

They also had some of the worst music in world history.

http://gawker.com/5884224/awful-white-rappers-drop-the-n-word-at-cpac-receive-standing-ovation
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 07:24:51 AM »

Guys, can't we just agree that racism is wrong no matter who does it?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »

Guys, can't we just agree that racism is wrong no matter who does it?

I love you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »

Well I might as well enter more than a one-liner here so here goes:

I'm not really surprised at all.  I'm kind of shocked it took the reactionaries this long to finally admit that non-white people make them uncomfortable.
Note, conservatives, I said "reactionaries" not "conservatives".
Frankly CPAC is and always has been an epic joke.  I'm kind of shocked that the media wastes time to even cover this event that ranks about even with the State Fair........just without the carnies and crystal meth.  It is truly an event for those who wish to "reclaim" America.

I'm kind of in agreement with Ghost White: How is this that shocking considering that reactionaries have been advocating shooting Mexicans as they sneak across the border, molesting Palestinian babies with "lit" grenades, or hell just "nuking the whole Middle East leave the whole place a f***ing glass crater" (some dumbass on youtube) for years?
Yet, some of us get major shocked when they have an admitted nativist racist speak at a public place?  Well......at least he's honest about it.
Actually I am shocked, shocked that CPAC isn't hosting the Ku Klux Klan or the American Protective Association.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »

Well as you mentioned, the media covers it heavily and it is portrayed as being mainstream. Hell, even our non-offensive inks is over there.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies