PPP: Santorum takes the lead nationally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Santorum takes the lead nationally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPP: Santorum takes the lead nationally  (Read 5591 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »

Whitney Houston's death totally overshadowed whatever news coverage CPAC and Maine were going to get. No effect, Eraserman.

Hmm, let's hope so.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2012, 05:28:41 PM by LET'S SPEND $10 TRILLION TO COLONIZE THE MOON. VOTE NEWT. »

One thing everyone seems to fail to realize is that Santorum has not been under the intense scrutiny that comes with being a front runner.

Once his controversial positions become  more widely known, he will begin to fade.

When it comes right down to it, I doubt very much the electorate will really see Santorum as Presidentially capable.  
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »

I agree- but if Romney follows thru what the meeting was about at CPAC he will not be going as negatvie on Santorum as on Newt
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

I agree- but if Romney follows thru what the meeting was about at CPAC he will not be going as negatvie on Santorum as on Newt

I wouldn't bet on it. Romney will focus on disassociating himself from the negativity, but if Santorum continues to do well, the attacks will not go away.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »

I wouldn't bet on it. Romney will focus on disassociating himself from the negativity, but if Santorum continues to do well, the attacks will not go away.

Romney's problem is that if he goes negative, it gets blown right back at him. Though it seems strange now, Newt could conceivably recover again if Romney and Santorum destroy each other. Plus, it leaves them badly wounded for the General. They're better of reaching a tacit agreement to limit the negativity. If they don't, its likely due to the Prisoner's dilemma.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 05:56:33 PM »

Why are conservatives turning to Santorum? He is such an advocate of big government it's not even funny. If he is the nominee, then we will be seeing a coronation, rather than a reelection for Obama.

Well both Romney and Santorum want to lower taxes while keeping our massive/inflated defense budget, so...........

Right, because we are so unable to process two news stories in the same 24 hour period.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »

Romney's problem is that if he goes negative, it gets blown right back at him. ,

I disagree. The Republican primary electorate is not suddenly going to start disapproving of negative Super PAC ads. They work They will continue to work. It's possible that the conservative establishment starts rallying around Santorum -- like early Hillary superdelegates who switched to Obama later on. Santorum may win more states, but if he does, I don't think it's because voters think Mitt isn't playing nice.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies