Mitt wins CPAC Straw Poll, Santorum in second.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt wins CPAC Straw Poll, Santorum in second.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mitt wins CPAC Straw Poll, Santorum in second.  (Read 4666 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
« edited: February 12, 2012, 06:51:20 PM by SANTORUM: CPAC WAS FIXED! WAH! WAH! »

Don't tell me Santorum is on one of his whining kicks, again.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »

Santorum is overly-sensitive. He should be happy that Democrats rigged his wins in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »

Actually, from what I understand from CNN, Romney gave a very strong speech at the convention.

This undoubtedly was what swayed the vote in his favor.
hotpprs
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: 3.83

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »

So much of this thread was spent on Romney and Santorum.
Isn't Newt's poor showing even bigger news?
All the Tea Party politicians were supporting Newt right before the South Carolina primary.
Newt continues to come in 3rd or 4th but no one is calling for him to drop out.
If Newt and Santorum's results were reversed since South Carolina, I am sure there would be a parade of people, even on FOX, calling for Santorum to drop out to give a conservative a chance to catch Romney. How come that is not the case with Newt?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

CPAC has always been Newt's base. I remember in previous years when he'd go to speak, he was worshipped. The room would erupt. The attendees would almost literally drool when they saw him. Now, he's reduced to being a sideshow.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »

So much of this thread was spent on Romney and Santorum.
Isn't Newt's poor showing even bigger news?
All the Tea Party politicians were supporting Newt right before the South Carolina primary.
Newt continues to come in 3rd or 4th but no one is calling for him to drop out.
If Newt and Santorum's results were reversed since South Carolina, I am sure there would be a parade of people, even on FOX, calling for Santorum to drop out to give a conservative a chance to catch Romney. How come that is not the case with Newt?

I'm beginning to think Newt actually is finished once and for all after he doubled-down on the "moon colony" stuff. I knew we had to call him on it, on his support for that years ago, but I did not think he would actually double-down on that absurd nonsense. It's actually hilarious in retrospect.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »

No, it's not weird.  Romney brought people in and volunteered to pay for their trip and credentials to get in.

The Campaign for Liberty people did it years before.  Santorum's right - it's the way these things work.  There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but he doesn't have money to blow on rigging a starw poll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »

No, it's not weird.  Romney brought people in and volunteered to pay for their trip and credentials to get in.

I was being silly and naive when I first heard the news: I didn't realize the obvious continued tactic of the Romney forces.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:26 AM »

After losing 3 races on Tuesday the Romney team decided they needed a good Saturday. They sent Mitt to Maine to actually appear at Caucuus sites and they got organized to win the CPAC straw poll. They didn't do anything against the rules...they just tried hard and spent some money and they won. Wining CPAC with organization is no different than what everyone does every year to win Ames, which is why these straw polls are meaningless, except to show who can organize

The Romney team had to put a stop to the "Romeny is in trouble with conservatives" narrative and he did. I am surprised that the Santorum camp didn't see it coming and try their own organizing and busing people in.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 04:52:44 AM »

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/romney-worked-the-cpac-straw-poll-114267.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »

The establishment was deathly afraid to see Dr. Paul rise that's why they wouldn't let his bunch have their place as defending 2 time champions.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies