wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:01:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!  (Read 4733 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »

I'll say myself that that incident is one of which I am deeply ashamed and have apologized profusely for. 

Which one?

As for Antonio, if he wants to drag up old controversies,...

That said, as long as we're dragging up old controversies,...

Roll Eyes
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:51 AM »

Am I (or anyone else, for that matter) going into Polnut's campaign thread and complaining about Invaligate?  No, because that's not an appropriate thing to do.  Past is past, Tmth apologized, 20RP12 accepted his apology, move on.  If you have a substantive disagreement with me, I'd love to hear it.  If you have a personal problem with me, I'd ask as a simple courtesy that you PM me about it, or even start your own thread.  I've tried my hardest to refrain from personally attacking fellow forum members, and have the greatly-reduced infraction point tally to show for it.  I'm happy to be the adult in the room but would prefer if I didn't have to be.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 01:35:40 AM »

You've got some really interesting proposals here. Best of luck!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 04:03:49 AM »

From what I remember, the only thing Tmth did was PMing Jake and asking him to change his vote. The accusations of blackmailing were denied by Tmthforu and eventually retracted by Jake too. Comparing something so benign to what you actually did is ludicrous. Especially if we remember that invalidation was only the first part of the story...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 04:07:16 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 04:12:06 AM by Senator Napoleon »

From what I remember, the only thing Tmth did was PMing Jake and asking him to change his vote. The accusations of blackmailing were denied by Tmthforu and eventually retracted by Jake too. Comparing something so benign to what you actually did is ludicrous. Especially if we remember that invalidation was only the first part of the story...

You're wrong. There's no need to talk about this stuff from thethe pastmost though. We just need to have fun together in this game. Im supporting Scott but id like to see a nice, clean race in this region, issue-centric as always.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 06:17:27 AM »

I really dont like talking about it, but what happened was, I voted, Tmth PMd me asking me either why I didn't vote for x or that I should change my vote, I don't recall exactly. 20 minutes had passed and so the only thing left to do was invalidate the vote. Why did I do it? Because I felt pressured to impress. I was young, naive (still am Tongue) and I was becoming so addicted to the game that it was actually effecting RL for me. I'd lose sleep trying to write legislation and budgets...it was scary. Being away from here was good for me. It's better now. But yeah.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »

I really dont like talking about it, but what happened was, I voted, Tmth PMd me asking me either why I didn't vote for x or that I should change my vote, I don't recall exactly. 20 minutes had passed and so the only thing left to do was invalidate the vote. Why did I do it? Because I felt pressured to impress. I was young, naive (still am Tongue) and I was becoming so addicted to the game that it was actually effecting RL for me. I'd lose sleep trying to write legislation and budgets...it was scary. Being away from here was good for me. It's better now. But yeah.

So, he didn't actually threaten you. Correct ?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

Not from what I saw from more trustworthy sources.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

I can hardly see a more trustworthy source than the poster in question.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »

Well, I wasn't here for the whole invaligate thing, but whatever the case, people aren't harassing 20RP12 for falsely accusing Tmth of blackmail, or whatever the case may be.  My point is that I'll admit I'm a highly-imperfect person, but I'd ask to keep things positive if at all possible.  It's not like I go and follow Antonio from thread to thread in order to harass him.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »

Yeah, no chance someone bends the truth to cover up for their buddy huh? Regarding Invalidate, worm's posts ought to be taken more seriously than Jake or Tmth's. Frankly you should STOP TALKING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW AND THERE IS NO POINT.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »

Yeah, no chance someone bends the truth to cover up for their buddy huh? Regarding Invalidate, worm's posts ought to be taken more seriously than Jake or Tmth's. Frankly you should STOP TALKING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW AND THERE IS NO POINT.

Why in the world would Jake lie to cover his alleged blackmailer ? I really don't get the logic now...

And now, I don't stop talking, because I don't really like when wormy tries to associate two events which have nothing in common in order to shift attention away from his despicable behaviour. And I also don't understand why you are defending him.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 01:31:38 PM by Senator Napoleon »

What Tmth did was way worse, but I've moved on. Why you're so intent on attacking Wormy for running in an election he isn't even going to win, I will never understand. Why hate someone in this game? There is no need for hatred or grudge holding. There is likewise no need to lie which is what you've been told regarding Invalidate.

The two events have a lot in common, with Invalidate being objectively worse. You should be applauding Wormy for cooperating and coming clean. I don't think making Wormyguy look like an innocent victim is your intention but it is what you're doing...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »

No it wasn't, unless you think Jake is a liar. And in this case you'd better come with a valid reason.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 03:54:02 PM by Senator Napoleon »

No it wasn't, unless you think Jake is a liar. And in this case you'd better come with a valid reason.

It's knowing more than thinking...but sure, take the word of a guy who doesn't "recall exactly" and keep bringing up old stuff that literally everyone else has moved on from. There's really no reason. At all.

BTW, I wouldn't care to defend wormyguy except that his Invaligate analogy is more than valid, I think it is worse than what wormy did and further I think if I can forgive Tmth for what he did when I was directly affected by it, you can forgive wormy for a harmless stunt that didn't affect you at all. I've certainly wanted to slap the sh**t out of wormyguy at times but we're better than this sort of thing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »

It's knowing more than thinking...but sure, take the word of a guy who doesn't "recall exactly" and keep bringing up old stuff that literally everyone else has moved on from. There's really no reason. At all.

Yeah, I'd like to know where all this knowledge comes from... Since you are basically accusing the alleged victim of lying for no reason, you must be very confident. Yet, you still haven't brought anything close to a proof for such allegations.

Wormyguy's wrongdoing, apart from being undisputed, has gone well beyond vote invalidation.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »

Why would I provide evidence on a topic I've continuously said you should drop?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »

Because accusing someone without evidence is pretty dickish ?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »

IT DOESN'T NEED TALKED ABOUT.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »

Very courageous from you, really. First you throw extremely grave accusations at a poster, claiming that you know stuff, and when asked to provide evidence you suddenly backtrack. I don't know why anyone should take you seriously.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 05:49:12 PM by Senator Napoleon »

Very courageous from you, really. First you throw extremely grave accusations at a poster, claiming that you know stuff, and when asked to provide evidence you suddenly backtrack. I don't know why anyone should take you seriously.

This was discussed way back when it was actually relevant. I understand you want to make this game about petty grudges and past mistakes but neither Tmth nor Wormy deserves that. Its called forgiveness. Its called moving on. This is a game!!!!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »

This was discussed way back when it was actually relevant. I understand you want to make this game about petty grudges and past mistakes but neither Tmth nor Wormy deserves that.

Yeah sure, I barely participate in Atlasia anymore and I'm stepping in just because I hold a grudge against wormyguy ? Man, I don't give a sh*t about wormyguy. This little petty asshole can do whatever he wants. However, I think it's fair for voters to know what kind of person he is. So, what, 10 months have passed so suddenly everything is forgotten ? Sorry, but no. By acting in such a hypocritical way, by repeatedly lying until his tricks were exposed, he permanently made himself unfit to be considered as a member of the forum community. He said himself he should have been banned : since weak moderation policies made him escape sanctions, it should at least refrain from taking any major activity. Actually, if he had some decency, he would already have left the place.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Since we now have almost two pages of this idiocy, I'll repost the actually-relevant stuff for people actually concerned about the election.  Cheers all! Smiley

Presso Releaso Numero Uno!

The Anti-Conscription Amendment

Recently, the Senate has once again taken up debating the Anti-Conscription Amendment, as originally proposed by Jbrase.  I'll let you in on a little secret:

I was the original author of that amendment.  (Jbrase will confirm).

It is my personal belief that conscription is a war crime and has no place in a civilized society.  I will be one of the most forceful voices against conscription in the Senate and will introduce the Anti-Conscription Amendment in its original form in every Senate session until it is passed.  I applaud Senator Napoleon for his leadership on this issue and can assure all the citizens of the Northeast that there is no one who will continue his work more faithfully than I.

Presso Releaso Numero Deux!

Federal Tax Reform

So, you want the Northeast to have taxes, eh?  Well, I'll make it easy for you!  If I am elected to serve the Northeast in the Senate, I will introduce the following legislation such that federal revenues will be collected at the regional level.  This new mechanism will allow for regions to experiment with revenue collection methods in order to find whichever one yields the most economic growth for the revenue they are required to collect, while also increasing activity at the regional level as the federal budget request will require innovation in methods of revenue generation in every region.  Regions which do not provide enough revenue will be penalized by having their federal grants reduced, while regions which provide more than enough will have their revenue requests for the next year reduced.  Economically depressed regions, that is to say regions with higher unemployment, will have less of a revenue burden than more prosperous regions, creating a tax system which will now for the first time be progressive by region.  This mechanism also allows for automatic Keynesian stimulus by automatically increasing the deficit the government is allowed to run in periods of high unemployment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Presso Releaso Numero Drei!

Constitutionally Protecting a Sensible Foreign Policy

Since 2001, Atlasia has been dragged into several needless wars that have damaged our international credibility and our strategic posture, as well as causing the deaths of thousands of our soldiers and the maiming of tens of thousands more, as well as the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of civilians in the countries we have invaded, bombed, or destabilized.  After over a decade, little progress meaningful to average Atlasians has been made after the expenditure of trillions of dollars and thousands of lives.  Those who have benefited are largely well-connected corporate interests in the military-industrial complex, who profit off of a needlessly-aggressive foreign policy.  If I am elected Senator, there is no issue I will be more active on than to end this state of affairs, immediately and permanently.  To that end I will offer the following constitutional amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »

He does the same thing in the Senate all the time, so this isn't new.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

Let me point out all the things wrong with this:

• Grown men are fighting over a 15 year old boy
  • Said fighting is taking place in a fantasy politics game
  • In the thread of someone's Senate Candidacy HQ
  • Said fight is over a months old issue that has been properly buried, yet continues to be dug up

take it elsewhere, gents.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies