wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!  (Read 4800 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: February 15, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »

This is fantastic.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:29:34 AM »

P.S., the Anti-Conscription Amendment has been completely diluted with amendments contradictory to the title of the bill. It started out as a piece of legislation that actually banned conscription, but now has been amended to cater to odd situations. At this point, it's more pro-conscription than anti.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

P.S., the Anti-Conscription Amendment has been completely diluted with amendments contradictory to the title of the bill. It started out as a piece of legislation that actually banned conscription, but now has been amended to cater to odd situations. At this point, it's more pro-conscription than anti.

No, that isn't true.

Rather, amendments have been proposed in an attempt to make it pro-conscription.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »

You'll be getting my first preference.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:17:27 AM »

From what I remember, the only thing Tmth did was PMing Jake and asking him to change his vote. The accusations of blackmailing were denied by Tmthforu and eventually retracted by Jake too. Comparing something so benign to what you actually did is ludicrous. Especially if we remember that invalidation was only the first part of the story...

I really dont like talking about it, but what happened was, I voted, Tmth PMd me asking me either why I didn't vote for x or that I should change my vote, I don't recall exactly. 20 minutes had passed and so the only thing left to do was invalidate the vote. Why did I do it? Because I felt pressured to impress. I was young, naive (still am Tongue) and I was becoming so addicted to the game that it was actually effecting RL for me. I'd lose sleep trying to write legislation and budgets...it was scary. Being away from here was good for me. It's better now. But yeah.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

Let me point out all the things wrong with this:

• Grown men are fighting over a 15 year old boy
  • Said fighting is taking place in a fantasy politics game
  • In the thread of someone's Senate Candidacy HQ
  • Said fight is over a months old issue that has been properly buried, yet continues to be dug up

take it elsewhere, gents.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »

The Prime Supremacy Act and The Never Forget The Painting Horse Act are certainly two bills that weren't/aren't worthy of the Senate's time. However, there are other bills that are taking up way too much time. The Anti-Conscription Amendment went from being a simple proposal to ban conscription to now we're up to 4 amendments twisting the wording for some "in such a case" scenario. Plus, there's so much constant bickering in every thread, it's becoming ridiculous. If I wasn't such an enthusiastic person, I would've left Atlasia a while ago. But I can't and I won't. I strive to make this game better, for the future posters that want to play. I've sat here grappling with the thought of running for re-election. My approvals are so damn low, and for what? I'm an active Senator, I've proposed legislation. I've voiced my opinions, I've voted on every bill and I've taken a stand against every amendment to the Anti-Conscription Amendment that would seismically change the tone of the bill. But why are my approval ratings low? You tell me. My best guess is because I'm a Libertarian and I'm a kid. So what? It's a sad day when we'd kick an active Senator out because of his political beliefs. Back when I was in the Northeast, Napoleon and I worked tirelessly to recall an inactive Governor--one whom I shared similar beliefs with. We didn't get him recalled, of course, but we still won the election. I'm not going to talk about what happened afterward because it doesn't need to be talked about. Anyway, we need to get our sh*t together to be frank, cuz this game's going down hill. It's sad. I used to have so much hope for this game--that we'd change. But at this rate...I dunno. We won't last another year. Whatever. Sorry for clogging up your thread, Wormy. Best of luck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies