ted kennedy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:54:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ted kennedy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ted kennedy  (Read 8942 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: January 07, 2005, 09:49:32 PM »

will this geezer run again in 2006?  i hope not.

will he receive a serious challenge if he runs again?

who are the favorites from each party if kennedy (wisely) decides to retire?

personally i think senator jane swift has a nice ring to it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 10:00:51 PM »

jane swift will make her comeback.  she did makes some mistakes, but all in all, they were pretty minor.  some people in massachusetts just decided to go on a witch hunt and they tried their best to destroy swift's character.

i think she could challenge kennedy.  sure, swift used a state helicopter unathorized so she could visit her sick child.  kennedy, on the other hand, left a young woman at the bottom of a lake and didnt bother calling authorities until he sobered up. 

which is worse?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:08:27 PM »

jane swift will make her comeback.  she did makes some mistakes, but all in all, they were pretty minor.  some people in massachusetts just decided to go on a witch hunt and they tried their best to destroy swift's character.

i think she could challenge kennedy.  sure, swift used a state helicopter unathorized so she could visit her sick child.  kennedy, on the other hand, left a young woman at the bottom of a lake and didnt bother calling authorities until he sobered up. 

which is worse?

Weren't her approval ratings very, very low though, Walter? I think she's done with politics.

yes they were low. 

but she is only in her late 30s.  she has plenty of time to repair her political career
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 11:01:07 PM »

brtd:  if mitt romney can win statewide in mass, what makes you think a moderate republican cant win a senate seat?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 11:10:32 PM »

john kerry broke his promise of a spending limit in the closing weeks of that 96 senate race.  bill weld kept his word. 

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 10:02:24 AM »

she was wronged by both the democrats and the republicans.  she made some minor mistakes and some people went on a witchhunt.  it is kind of ironic that some of those same people dont have a problem with kennedy leaving a young woman at the bottom of the lake, however.  just dont use a state helicopter unauthorized.

and brtd, i dont know why you love mark dayton so much.  he is a horrible senator that hasnt accomplished much of anything.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 09:35:13 PM »

what about andy card?  ive heard rumors that he may be interested in running for senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies